• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

dyingispeaceful

Aug 10, 2018
Helpful Betty in her videos shows the hose being pushed approximately halfway into the exit bag. The thing to note is that she is using Helium gas.

I guess it would be better for the hose to be pushed all the way up to the end as the PPeH suggests. This is because Nitrogen doesn't rise like Helium does and Argon might sink(I believe it's heavier than air). Most of us won't using Helium anymore because of the purity restrictions so this might be something to think about

Reactions: Soul and Honigwaffel
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I suspect there's enough turbulence of the gasses within the bag, as they move around your head and are eddied by your breathing, that the molecular weight of the gas may not play much of a role. After all, the first order of business is to completely fill the bag, like a balloon, before you even pull it down over your head --and even the top part of that inflated bag would have Ar in it, just as the bottom part would have He in it.

That said, placement of the hose is a good question. I have long hair, that I wear in a queue with an elastic at my nape. I tucked the hose through the elastic with enough pulled through that the end of the hose was up near the top of my head. That seemed to work pretty well. However, I may next time(?) tape it to the top of the bag for greater simplicity.

Reactions: Soul
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
You don't have to use a hose or a bag or anything with argon. Just find a place that is air sealed above head level and pump as much argon as needed and you'll pass out without any bag. Argon is heavier than air so it's like filling up an invisible pool of argon air.

• Wow
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Thanks, @GeorgeJL - now I'm trying to remember the last time I was in a space that was air-sealed above head level and how much argon I'd need to fill it. ... A bag might be simpler after all 8]

Reactions: dyingispeaceful and TiredHorse
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Thanks, @GeorgeJL - now I'm trying to remember the last time I was in a space that was air-sealed above head level and how much argon I'd need to fill it. ... A bag might be simpler after all 8]
A bathroom with ducktape around at least the lower half of the door would work.

D

dyingispeaceful

Aug 10, 2018
Sorry George, but I believe that would not be reliable unless you had a lot of gas(which would make it very expensive and still quite unreliable). Bag seems a lot simpler because of the restricted volume.

Reactions: Deleted member 1768