• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

ThinkingAboutThis

Student
Jan 7, 2019
Curious if anyone else is dealing with crushing physical fatigue that's mixed with horrific panic waves/attacks? The feeling of the adrenaline flowing all the time is awful. Any suggestions with this? I do find that sometimes just getting up and going from one room to another helps and that temporary distraction helpes, but I feel mired by chronic nerve pain and CFS and flu-like symptoms. It has just been too much, really.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 9 others
T

ThinkingAboutThis

Student
Jan 7, 2019
Yup. The exhaustion from enduring chronic pain/feeling bad etc is something I can never get people to believe when I need to. They act like you are lazy or something. I try to make it simple and ask them if they remember what it feels like when they have a bad flu...and imagine feeling that way every day and then add in whatever the root cause is like some severe pain etc on TOP of that. While you get used to it you never actually adapt to it in any physical way. It's just you have no choice and don't get to feel "better" when the flu is over. But even then they just don't want to seem to get it.

Exactly. Being easily labeled as lazy and unmotivated is one of the worst blows to anyone going through this crippling pain and fatigue. I just called a confidential crisis line and mentioned my struggles and after about 3 minutes of me talking, the person basically said "So, what do you want to talk about?". To which, I replied, "Well, I just did. And if you can't help me, that's ok. Not everyone is equipped to deal with this level of pain."

I guess it feels that if there is no juicy gossip to back up some of this chronic pain/feeling bad suffering, most people don't really want to listen to it and the conversation is quickly over.

If there's not a lot of drama that gets people's adrenaline pumping, it's just not all that interesting........

Reactions: Jupiter, Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
T

ThinkingAboutThis

Student
Jan 7, 2019
I can only commiserate...and not help in any meaningful way. Wish I could.

Also crisis lines are 99% useless unless you simply want a middle man to call someone to come sweep you away to a facility. Many of them are in fact clearing houses for private hospitals or referral lines. Inexperienced volunteers are the norm, who repeat tropes or act like they are saving the world by calling the coppers on you. Samaritans in the UK is reported to be more friendly generally and will talk rather than be so weird like most US based lines, but I can't speak to it's truth as I never called from there. The handful of times I did in a couple different countries resulted in aggravation and zero help. But like most things around our issues people keep parroting "call this number" as if its a likely solution because it sounds good to them.

I have actually called the Samaritans line in the US, and they are very much hit and miss. Some people answering those lines are really good and skilled and know what to say, but some get confused, act annoyed and are unable or unwilling to get out of the script and canned replies. What I'd seen with the other lines is that they are liability-only, generally. Questions such as "are you drinking any alcohol?" or "are you seeing a therapist?" and "what medications you are on?" or "if you are suicidal/do you have a plan?" seem to be very prevalent. There's one line I'd called out of desperation, simply because they are available 24/7, but they very much must be paid with mental health monies and are really big into connecting people into treatment, no matter what the problem at hand is. Granted, a number of people will really benefit from treatment, but people like me who had reached a dead-end with conventional treatment don't really benefit much from these people. Occasionally, there is a really good phone counselor, but most of the time it's just me needing a distraction and buying time and wanting to distract from the moment because it carries too much fear, depression and pain.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and 4 others
K

Kris1125

Jan 18, 2019
I can only commiserate as well.

The anxiety and panic attacks that hit because of the pain are crippling. I try to live within my means, which is very limited. I say "no" to almost everything and just do the bare minimum every day. Others may see it as lazy or unmotivated or not being a "fighter", but I remind myself that they'd sing a very different tune if they were in my shoes. You have no idea what chronic pain (and the fear that comes with it) is like unless you have experienced it firsthand. I've stopped trying to explain it to people because it just makes me more anxious and exasperated.

If I had a penny for every time I heard "hang in there"...

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deleted member 4993 and 4 others
Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
I guess it feels that if there is no juicy gossip to back up some of this chronic pain/feeling bad suffering, most people don't really want to listen to it and the conversation is quickly over.

If there's not a lot of drama that gets people's adrenaline pumping, it's just not all that interesting........

Sadly, that's true for most aspects in life.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
Yes. Fatigue, flu-like/hungover feeling, pain. It's now been 8 years of it (and more of localized nerve pain).

Ha why am I still here? It's so dumb.

Even if I didn't have to work, even if I wasn't alone, it would still be very hard to put up with.

ARRRGH there should be easy access to euthanasia for people like us.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, wxtyubidi7y and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
Exactly. Being easily labeled as lazy and unmotivated is one of the worst blows to anyone going through this crippling pain and fatigue. I just called a confidential crisis line and mentioned my struggles and after about 3 minutes of me talking, the person basically said "So, what do you want to talk about?". To which, I replied, "Well, I just did. And if you can't help me, that's ok. Not everyone is equipped to deal with this level of pain."

SO true.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Lifeisatrap, wxtyubidi7y and 2 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I am slowly starving to death, despite having eaten loads. Haven't slept since September last year (maybe a little). Spend all night going to the loo to pee. So, yeah, I'm exhausted. Its all I can do to stand/move and that is getting harder.

Reactions: ThinkingAboutThis and Lifeisatrap