Abditory

Abditory

The feeling that you won’t be here much longer
Jan 16, 2024
I'm not sure why, but whenever I start talking to someone and enjoy their company (whether it's in a dating or friendly context), I find myself relying on them excessively for my source of enjoyment or happiness. But then, it becomes obsessive enough that every minute I'm not getting a reply, it's genuinely sending me into a spiral, and it's all I'm thinking about every hour of the day, especially if it seems like they're deliberately ignoring me. It's come to the point where when this feeling occurs for me, I immediately want to sabotage the entire friendship with no explanation and either cuss them out, block them or do something drastic/harmful.

My mind starts coming up with so many thoughts like 'they hate you,' 'you're annoying them,' etc., despite them never expressing these feelings directly to me. But I also don't want to ask about it and come off as needy. I'll go into such a bad spiral, lost in thought, but as soon as they text back, all those negative thoughts immediately fade away? Like my anger was never there to begin with, and I don't even question them ignoring me or anything.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Immensevoid, yaminabemind, Hunter2005 and 10 others
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
have always struggled with this sort of thing, which for me, boils down to low self-worth and self-esteem, and a sense of self that does not exist.

I've since gotten better over time, understanding that I do not need anyone. it took a few close relationships though to understand that for me, it's best to be alone. being broken makes me unloveable, and having no identity will always lead to problems persisting wherever I go, with whomever.

it is freeing and peaceful when this doesn't have a chokehold over you anymore. it takes time and experience to find that attitude, and I believe you will.

• Love
Reactions: Hunter2005, Hollowman, reclaimedbynature and 4 others
Abditory

Abditory

Jan 16, 2024
I've tried to do that many times, but it always ends up with me just becoming more upset or continuing to spiral. I genuinely like to have friendships, but some part of my brain makes me unable to have a normal friendship. I always develop some sort of attachment to one of them. It's come to the point where I've started to research BPD because it's definitely a possibility in my situation, and I've seen family members, such as my own parent, display symptoms and such.

Thank you for your perspective though! :-))

• Hugs
Reactions: changes
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I feel this post so much, OP, you deserve a lot better than what's going on for you currently. As someone with reactive attachments and emotional dysregulation, this shit sucks ass and you deserve so much better.

• Hugs
Reactions: Abditory
fishlover

fishlover

in the end, nothing matters
Sep 17, 2023
I'm not sure why, but whenever I start talking to someone and enjoy their company (whether it's in a dating or friendly context), I find myself relying on them excessively for my source of enjoyment or happiness. But then, it becomes obsessive enough that every minute I'm not getting a reply, it's genuinely sending me into a spiral, and it's all I'm thinking about every hour of the day, especially if it seems like they're deliberately ignoring me. It's come to the point where when this feeling occurs for me, I immediately want to sabotage the entire friendship with no explanation and either cuss them out, block them or do something drastic/harmful.

My mind starts coming up with so many thoughts like 'they hate you,' 'you're annoying them,' etc., despite them never expressing these feelings directly to me. But I also don't want to ask about it and come off as needy. I'll go into such a bad spiral, lost in thought, but as soon as they text back, all those negative thoughts immediately fade away? Like my anger was never there to begin with, and I don't even question them ignoring me or anything.

god this is exactly what im going through. it sucks so bad. i never choose who i feel this way with, and it always happens suddenly. i try to remind myself that theyre busy, that they dont care about me the same way i do- but it never helps. it hurts and i just want them to say that they hate me so i can move past them. but they say or do something that i latch on to and it just makes me worse and more obsessive.

• Hugs
grungy自殺

grungy自殺

All apologies.....
Jan 9, 2024
I feel this

• Hugs
H

Happy Gilmore

Jan 26, 2024
I'm right there with you OP :)

Reactions: stuckinthemud
S

stuckinthemud

Student
Nov 14, 2023
Urgh anxious attachment style….could be part of BPD. I've had it and it's ruined me.

• Love
Abditory

Abditory

Jan 16, 2024
Urgh anxious attachment style….could be part of BPD. I've had it and it's ruined me.
I've been looking into BPD, and it strongly resonates with me. Unfortunately, I can't get a diagnosis because my parent won't allow me to visit a psychiatrist or therapist. :-(

S

stuckinthemud

Student
Nov 14, 2023
I've been looking into BPD, and it strongly resonates with me. Unfortunately, I can't get a diagnosis because my parent won't allow me to visit a psychiatrist or therapist. :-(
I'm sorry have a look at DBT skills on YouTube. There are also some books on Amazon that may help you ❤️

• Love
Abditory

Abditory

Jan 16, 2024
I'm sorry have a look at DBT skills on YouTube. There are also some books on Amazon that may help you ❤️
Thank you! I will definitely try looking into this. :-)

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
I've tried to do that many times, but it always ends up with me just becoming more upset or continuing to spiral. I genuinely like to have friendships, but some part of my brain makes me unable to have a normal friendship. I always develop some sort of attachment to one of them. It's come to the point where I've started to research BPD because it's definitely a possibility in my situation, and I've seen family members, such as my own parent, display symptoms and such.

Thank you for your perspective though! :-))
We are not an expert but I was going to suggest that you research borderline personality disorder. I'm sorry you're in so much pain. We wish you peace.

• Hugs