EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Yesterday, I was talking to someone who felt sorry for me because I didn't have any hope whatsoever while even though he was stuck in the hospital for a whole year, he still did. But when I did, all it did was just make my life more and more miserable. Because it just kept getting shattered and coming back just to get shattered all over again~ Like I remember sitting at 15 different lunch tables in 11th grade and thinking each time I sat at a new table that this one would be the one in which I would get new friends~ Rather obviously, I did not get new friends. But it's dumb things I did like this that convince me how bad hope is. If I had realized the reality of my situation, I would've just read Polandball comics, did homework, or did other fun things alone every lunch instead and actually enjoyed myself, but nope! I had hope, so I had to meet new people in order to get friends!
It's the same thing with sewer slide tbh too~ Pro-lifers and even yourself are always trying to feed you false hope but it's been years now, and I wish I sewer slided the first time I thought of it in high school~

Hope has always just made me more miserable than I would be without it~ It's honestly more of a curse than anything! :/

• Hugs
Reactions: budgerigar training, Rogue Proxy, tiger b and 5 others
Smelly_ballz

Smelly_ballz

No hope in heaven, No fear of hell
Oct 30, 2023
This is why I try not to optimistic. Literally every time I tried to be optimistic the opposite happens. So now I expect the worse or just stay at best neutral.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Archness, thewalkingdread and 2 others
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
Hope — or Hopium — is the worst, most addictive drug. So long as we keep on breathing, keep on procrastinating our end, It will always find it's way back into our belief systems, no matter how hard you've tried to ostracize yourself away from It.

Hopium is a nefarious bitch.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Lookoutbelow, EternalShore and 1 other person
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
hope likes to string us along like that~ im sorry for what youre going through. i get a bit jealous of people with certain physical ailments but manage to hold onto hope >_<! i invalidate myself over it, but at the same time they have a perfectly socially acceptable reason to lose hope! me? my brain's just wrong...

• Hugs
Reactions: movinout17, EternalShore, sserafim and 1 other person
fishlover

fishlover

in the end, nothing matters
Sep 17, 2023
exactly this. i always get hopeful over the smallest things, i cant help it. afterwards it ends badly and im crushed. it happens again and again and again and i cant stop it.

• Hugs
Reactions: tiger b, EternalShore and SmollMushroom
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
It's really hard not to have any hope. I'm very cynical by nature and quite pessimistic, but I'm not a wizard. Nobody is. So you can't really predict the future.
And I'd be a liar if I said that life has NEVER surprised me with good things.
It has been mostly bad things sure, but some good things happened to me too, and I definitely would not expect them or could predict them to happen.
I think that's the reason why many people still have a little hope, despite their desire of having it or not.
It's part of being human and as such, ignorant about the future and of what it can bring.

• Hugs
Reactions: budgerigar training, movinout17, tiger b and 1 other person
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
exactly this. i always get hopeful over the smallest things, i cant help it. afterwards it ends badly and im crushed. it happens again and again and again and i cant stop it.
yup! It's awful, and I hate it too! >_< "That person didn't do everything in their power to get away from me! They must like me!" :(

It's really hard not to have any hope. I'm very cynical by nature and quite pessimistic, but I'm not a wizard. Nobody is. So you can't really predict the future.
And I'd be a liar if I said that life has NEVER surprised me with good things.
It has been mostly bad things sure, but some good things happened to me too, and I definitely would not expect them or could predict them to happen.
I think that's the reason why many people still have a little hope, despite their desire of having it or not.
It's part of being human and as such, ignorant about the future and of what it can bring.
Life has surprised you with good things? So lucky! >_< I mean, I suppose I had good surprises too tho! hehe~ Almost any other roommate would've been far worse than the one I ended up with last year, and I dated someone for a week. ig, I should be thankful people have some level of sympathy for me and talk to me online a lot and yet, I probably won't really care unless I'm ostracized (which considering that I'm here, I kind-of already am but oh well) online too~

• Hugs
Reactions: fishlover, budgerigar training, SmollMushroom and 1 other person