L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
Not everybody will have a good life not everybody can have hope optimism is a cope to you stay in the circle of pain

Reactions: death137
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, even though some things might change if you really work hard, luck is a very important factor because you can't choose your family or where you're born.
Everything is just...so random!

Last edited:
Reactions: listeningpost1379, death137, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Realistic hope and optimism (ie, hope and optimism that can actually happen given your abilities and what you now have on hand can be a springboard to a better life or more happiness). However, it is toxic hope and optimism (an unrealistic thought process that life will be fair and there is such a thing as karma), that is beyond toxic and harmful. And you are right, "Not everybody will have a good life," and to think otherwise is what I call toxic hope/optimism or magical thinking.

Reactions: death137 and James82
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
Hope always lets me down. I can't believe I've made it this far.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters
Not Being

Not Being

May 2, 2021
The truth is, it may or may not improve.

It depends on your circumstances and your personal wishes.
There are things that depend on you and there are others that clearly do not depend on you.
It is possible to have a good run or a bad run, it's that simple, no possibility is exempt but, I go back and repeat, it depends on the circumstances and your personal desires, I think there are things that are more likely to achieve than others.

Not all change is for the better.

"You will get this and that if you think positive!"

It may or may not, we have no way of knowing.

There are things that do depend on chance.

Some things in life are random.

All this is my personal opinion.

Greetings

Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
I have felt this way so many times. Especially after I've been doing better, and then I realize how stupid I was to feel hopeful...

I'm sorry you feel this way.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is better to be realistic than living under a delusion. Sometimes there is nothing you can do to make a situation better. Being optimistic isn't rational in cases of suffering, we can only lie to ourselves for so long. Changing a mindset cannot get rid of physical problems for example and stop them debilitating you.