I

Idorus

Arcanist
Apr 30, 2018
The ultimate form of "dying in your sleep"?

Drinking something, nice music .. taking some sleeping pills and then when you are fully asleep the gas/nitrogen will be released...

Can it be better?

But how do we build such a thing?

Or am I just dreaming?

- - - - - - - - - - -

Stephen's mom said to me: it's by imagining and visualising that we can make our dreams come true.

Last edited:
S

sleepless

Aug 1, 2018
I have some background in ME, so it's not hard to engineer a hold switch to open a valve as you fall asleep, as you will release the trigger. But with the amount of gas you need to fill the space, I don't think that's gonna happen. I think the closest form, which is also one I am considering is simply burning a decent amount charcoal in a sealed space. I think it's easy and effective. Since when the CO reach lethal levels, you will automatically drift off to sleep anyway, and then to eternity. People have BBQed indoors, and died while doing so.

LifeOver

LifeOver

Professional Suicide Attempter
Jul 23, 2019
Not that much different from an exit bag but except a lot more work. Sure, it will be a lot more peaceful than leaving with a bag around your head. However, I just wonder how one can create a perfectly sealed chamber (your doors in a typical house leak air), get a roomful of Nitrogen gas, and program the gas to release without being an engineer.

I

Idorus

Arcanist
Apr 30, 2018
Coming a bit more to my senses now and recalling what dr PN answered me a while ago on my nitro question (see below in cursive) after which I gave up on the entire idea of nitrogen in another setting (than exit bag)..... as it seemed way to complex.

Yes. When the air is slowly replaced by the gas you will probably wake up with a suffocating feeling. So I guess it has to be a big cloud of gas exploding so that the room will be close to 100% gas in a second. No idea if that would be possible. Maybe with liquid Nitrogen? I mean.. it should work like that in the Sarco, not?

My question to him last year was:

Dear Philip,

I'm all for Nitrogen but not with an exit-bag. So I would like to hear options of using Nitrogen in another setting.

Like: filling up a small space (like a tent or small bathroom) with Nitrogen in which you then temporarily reside with an oxygen-mask until the level of Nitrogen is high enough to put the mask off. I guess you'll then need a measuring tool and more than 1 nitrogen cylinder.

I truly hope you will address this,

----

He answered:

Possible, but the oxygen has to be removed eg by flushing, and for even a small volume room/ tent a large amount of gas is needed. Hence the Sarco that uses liquid nitrogen as the source.