DynahWAY

DynahWAY

Lonely!
Oct 18, 2024
This is my second time running away from home. The first time I ran away from home, I stayed with my friend's family. But I was kicked out, so I had to return back to the place I ran away from.

I enlisted in the military and I really thought my life was going to change, but then I was chaptered our because of mental health episodes. However, I used the money I saved up to get my 'own' place. Me and a different friend split the apartment, as roommates. They were a bad roommate and I did have a job, but (after a month) couldn't afford to pay next month's rent or break the lease, so I fled to live with the same friend that kicked me out.

They've kicked me out before. They're mad at me and I feel like they're going to kick me out again.

Before I ran away, I thought 'I could never live in a shelter.', but before I was kicked out and right now again, I tried to look for shelters to stay in and it's hilarious. I didn't want to live in a shelter. Now, I can't even get into a shelter.

Either it's a shelter that won't take me because it's strictly for families or it's full or it's not full, but they don't take walk-ins, so I have to call the city to be admitted by the city. They say it's an emergency hotline, but they have hours and the offices aren't open on the weekend? If I can make a call, I'm on hold for all of time--if they don't hang up on me. Once again, I thought this was an emergency hotline?

Not to mention, the staff on the phone at homeless shelters are so rude. How do you work at a homeless shelter or run a homeless shelter, but you don't care to help? I get hung up on by them, too.

I can't even say I want to CTB. I need to CTB because the world is telling me to KMS.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: permanently tired, deadpoet, Rust and 6 others
L

LostSoul1965

Arcanist
Apr 15, 2024
This is my second time running away from home. The first time I ran away from home, I stayed with my friend's family. But I was kicked out, so I had to return back to the place I ran away from.

I enlisted in the military and I really thought my life was going to change, but then I was chaptered our because of mental health episodes. However, I used the money I saved up to get my 'own' place. Me and a different friend split the apartment, as roommates. They were a bad roommate and I did have a job, but (after a month) couldn't afford to pay next month's rent or break the lease, so I fled to live with the same friend that kicked me out.

They've kicked me out before. They're mad at me and I feel like they're going to kick me out again.

Before I ran away, I thought 'I could never live in a shelter.', but before I was kicked out and right now again, I tried to look for shelters to stay in and it's hilarious. I didn't want to live in a shelter. Now, I can't even get into a shelter.

Either it's a shelter that won't take me because it's strictly for families or it's full or it's not full, but they don't take walk-ins, so I have to call the city to be admitted by the city. They say it's an emergency hotline, but they have hours and the offices aren't open on the weekend? If I can make a call, I'm on hold for all of time--if they don't hang up on me. Once again, I thought this was an emergency hotline?

Not to mention, the staff on the phone at homeless shelters are so rude. How do you work at a homeless shelter or run a homeless shelter, but you don't care to help? I get hung up on by them, too.

I can't even say I want to CTB. I need to CTB because the world is telling me to KMS.
Where are you located?

cracklingroses

cracklingroses

Sep 10, 2023
This world is so beyond fucked up. I agree with you, how can they call themself an emergency hotline and not be open 24/7?! I am really sorry this has been your experience. I hope you can find a safe place to stay. I can imagine after COVID that finding a shelter is even harder than it was. I hate that it is so impossible. And to be hung up on when trying to find help? How fucked up! I hate to recommend this because I hate psych wards with everything in me, but is it possible to admit yourself to one? It's possible they can help you get admitted to a shelter.

Reactions: BlackEyedDog
legoshi

legoshi

Sep 3, 2024
are you close to a wooded area? Maybe get a tent and stay in it for a few days. I mean I get it, it's not pleasant but I mean it's something. I used to sleep in my car, and I found a storage facility that didn't have gates or security so I rented a storage unit, bought an air mattress and slept in it at night. And showered at the gym. I also got another store unit that was inside and temperature controlled and would go there in the day. It had people monitoring so I had to be careful, but it closed at night so I couldn't sleep there.

DynahWAY

DynahWAY

Lonely!
Oct 18, 2024
This world is so beyond fucked up. I agree with you, how can they call themself an emergency hotline and not be open 24/7?! I am really sorry this has been your experience. I hope you can find a safe place to stay. I can imagine after COVID that finding a shelter is even harder than it was. I hate that it is so impossible. And to be hung up on when trying to find help? How fucked up! I hate to recommend this because I hate psych wards with everything in me, but is it possible to admit yourself to one? It's possible they can help you get admitted to a shelter.
I don't know if I could without medical insurance. Even if I could, I agree with you. I hate being hospitalized/instutionalized.
are you close to a wooded area? Maybe get a tent and stay in it for a few days. I mean I get it, it's not pleasant but I mean it's something. I used to sleep in my car, and I found a storage facility that didn't have gates or security so I rented a storage unit, bought an air mattress and slept in it at night. And showered at the gym. I also got another store unit that was inside and temperature controlled and would go there in the day. It had people monitoring so I had to be careful, but it closed at night so I couldn't sleep there.
I'd do this if I had the money. I've tried sleeping outside on benches, but it's getting colder, so I slept in a laundromat. I was told to consider hotels/motels, but once again, no money.
I have a job and I'd save up money, but I have to pay my phone bill and it's crazy expensive (over $100). I've been working on filing a disability compensation claim, which I need my phone for, so I hope that will result in something good; a little extra money.

Last edited:
cracklingroses

cracklingroses

Sep 10, 2023
I don't know if I could without medical insurance. Even if I could, I agree with you. I hate being hospitalized/instutionalized.

I'd do this if I had the money. I've tried sleeping outside on benches, but it's getting colder, so I slept in a laundromat. I was told to consider hotels/motels, but once again, no money.
I have a job and I'd save up money, but I have to pay my phone bill and it's crazy expensive (over $100). I've been working on filing a disability compensation claim, which I need my phone for, so I hope that will result in something good; a little extra money.
I am so sorry about insurance. It's ridiculous how that runs the world along with money. I hope you can get the disability. It's not much but it's something plus it would be consistent income

Reactions: DynahWAY