L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
makes us sleep in chairs. Not stretched out on floor. They say it's'health and safety'. I say, what a lot of shit. Bullshit.
how do they spout such crap?!

• Aww..
  • Wow
  • Hmph!
Reactions: WaitingToGo, 2bemyenemy, Forever Sleep and 4 others
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
i'm glad you're not sleeping rough but damn. is it at least a recliner? do they give you food/shower?

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
i'm glad you're not sleeping rough but damn. is it at least a recliner? do they give you food/shower?
lol! Thank you. Not a recliner, no! There wasn't veggie food tonight but I might be getting a potato. I washed my clothes but the dryer is broken so I will still smell of wee tomorrow. The other homeless charity I spoke to today estimate two months of being homeless and then maybe I'll be housed. I am dubious as it's been a year.
I actually sleep better lying down on cardboard than curled in a chair. Just I left my warm coat elsewhere so not an option tonight

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: SexyIncél and leeloosnow
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
that stinks jem <3 im sry. ive slept many a night in a recliner, i actually sleep really good in those but how th literal fuk they expect you to sleep in a chair without being able to recline at all is beyond me. do they have someone to help ppl fallin over all nite? i stayed in a womens shelter for a while too and it was generally shitty bc of all the horrible ppl but at least i had a bed. really hope you get in some kinda council housing or something soon

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I just said to them
that this homeless charity said two months to hoysing but I'm dubious. She said 'everyone's situation is different' and 'the key word is vulnerability'. I met one woman in the queue who has been homeless for ten years. I am personally on the police's vulnerable person's register and yet they have evicted me to the streets 7 times this year. Fuck this stupid system. Fuck the police. How dare anyone excuse all these homeless women forced to sleep in chairs. How do they justify this with such a lot if lies? Isn't every homeless person vulnerable. 17 times more likely to experience violence on the streets.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WaitingToGo and SexyIncél
pickajack

pickajack

Student
Jul 17, 2020
Sorry @LittleJem, that sounds super shitty. Hope you're able to get some rest.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
The way you describe it sort of makes it sound like those shelters aren't to help homeless people, but to prevent the average person from seeing many homeless people. All too often, the proposed "solutions" to homelessness are just a matter of covering up the problem without doing anything about the core issues that cause homelessness.

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
makes us sleep in chairs. Not stretched out on floor. They say it's'health and safety'. I say, what a lot of shit. Bullshit.
That makes no sense, I didn't bother to seek any help like that when I was temporary homeless, slept in a garden shed on some pillows instead.

2bemyenemy

2bemyenemy

autistic disabled garbage fire
Feb 24, 2023
The way you describe it sort of makes it sound like those shelters aren't to help homeless people, but to prevent the average person from seeing many homeless people.
Yes. That's exactly what they're for.

Try sitting in it backwards with your legs kinda wrapped around the back. Then you can at least rest your head on the back.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds like an awful situation to be in and it's just so incredibly unfair how you have to suffer like this but anyway best wishes.