Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I'm working 80-90 hours a week in a commission sales job and it's ripping my fucking nuts off. Slept maximum three hours last night and have irate customers complaining about not receiving a quote yet after telling me no rush. I was starting to recover a couple of months ago and now I'm trying to figure out a way to end things quickly and effectively...holy Jesus fuck

peace/hugs

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ἡγησίας, Deleted member 4993, Georgii and 9 others
D

Daniel905

Sep 23, 2020
Bro, find a less stressful job

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, voyager, marcusuk63 and 1 other person
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I used to be in a job that demanded so much of my time and I always had people counting on me. It wasn't 80-90 hrs/wk and it wasn't commission-based, but I can only imagine how stressful it must be for you.

Remember that life balance is important. You are better at your job if you are happier in life. You are better at your job when you're well-rested and in good spirits. Take care of yourself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jojo81, Deleted member 4993 and Nem
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I'm working 80-90 hours a week in a commission sales job and it's ripping my fucking nuts off. Slept maximum three hours last night and have irate customers complaining about not receiving a quote yet after telling me no rush. I was starting to recover a couple of months ago and now I'm trying to figure out a way to end things quickly and effectively...holy Jesus fuck

peace/hugs
Commission based.
Get out of it asap.

Basically the company ensnared you by telling you that you "could earn" X,000's a WEEK.
You then started and realised that you're not earning anywhere near that. But your boss said "don't worry, you've just started, and it takes time to build sales", so you continue.
All of a sudden you're working all hours God sends effectively for no promise of any pay.

Am I right?

Reactions: Jojo81
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Commission based.
Get out of it asap.

Basically the company ensnared you by telling you that you "could earn" X,000's a WEEK.
You then started and realised that you're not earning anywhere near that. But your boss said "don't worry, you've just started, and it takes time to build sales", so you continue.
All of a sudden you're working all hours God sends effectively for no promise of any pay.

Am I right?
Well, actually the pay is quite good. It's just this covid thing has caused a mad rush for customers to order things and the company is overbooking appointments with no regards for the salespeople

Peace/hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Well, actually the pay is quite good. It's just this covid thing has caused a mad rush for customers to order things and the company is overbooking appointments with no regards for the salespeople

Peace/hugs
Oh ok fair enough if the pay is good.
Usually these 'commission based' roles are just companies that want you to do their marketing but don't want to pay for it!

What are you selling out of curiosity?

Good luck to you.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
clayp

clayp

Student
Sep 24, 2020
Hey you do know that you need 8 hours a sleep each day. Don't damage your brain by sleeping do little.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Oh ok fair enough if the pay is good.
Usually these 'commission based' roles are just companies that want you to do their marketing but don't want to pay for it!

What are you selling out of curiosity?

Good luck to you.
Home improvement installations
Hey you do know that you need 8 hours a sleep each day. Don't damage your brain by sleeping do little.
I only get between 3-4.5 hours of sleep per night. Went two hours of sleep a night for a few years after a dr nearly killed me with meds

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Deleted member 4993
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
It sucks when you are trying to improve your life and something happens and makes you suicidal again. I experience this all the time. Hugs! If you wanna talk I'm here

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and OnlyTheWind
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
That sounds like Hell.. and I thought 16 hours a week was too hard for me.