_battered_butterfly_

_battered_butterfly_

PaperDoll_EasilyTorn
Mar 5, 2021
Venting Time...

Soooo...
Doc prescribed Four different medications.
Wellbutrin SR, 100 mg twice a day, a medication for nightmares that starts with a C, as Prazosin didn't work for me...

Klonopin for anxiety, and get this, a medication that is not even used as a stand-alone medication. It is a medication used in combination with other antidepressants to help them work better.

Rexulti.

Anyone ever heard of this crap? Without insurance this medication is close to $1,400!

I honestly haven't noticed if it has helped the antidepressant to work better or not. It makes me hungry as hell. I have gained 8 pounds in one week.

My mouth is super dry all the time... And I have a terrible headache and I'm super constipated.
For $1,400 a month.
Headaches and dry mouth and hard poops. Gee thanxxx...

Luckily, my insurance is covering it.
Luckily? Maybe not the best choice of words...

Part of me wants to give it a try, to see if it'll actually help out. Eventually...

The other part of me doesn't want to see how many weeks it will take for the side effects to subside. I'm already over weight... I really DO NOT need to gain 8 pounds or even 1 flippin' lb. every week for several weeks while my system adjusts to this crap.

I remember starting Latuda a few years back. That was another ridiculously expensive medication. I'm pretty sure it was around $1,350 a month without medical coverage. Not sure what the cost would be now. No generic for it, or Rexulti.

Just imagine if these medications do really have the potential to work for a lot of people and help them... Like... The answer to someone's prayer and in saving a life COULD BE the difference between having theda meds or not...

imagine how many people can't get access to these medications!

I think about these things...

Is it any wonder why we are sick, and suicidal... Healthcare (sickcare) is a joke... No one ASKS to be suicidal. We don't chose this malady ... yet it could very well cost us an entire month's salary trying to find counseling and meds. Trying to afford insurance only for half ass coverage is another story...

Ok... Off my soapbox now.

Are there any medications you are on that are ridiculously expensive???
Any that you haven't been able to afford?

My Wellbutrin, the nightmare medication, and the Klonopin I'm on are all generic... But not that Rexulti

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Dead Meat, demuic, WornOutLife and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I'll be honest I'm not 100% sure.... My meds haven't cost much of course I'm on generic and Canadian so..... Medicare.

I was reading what you said and thought WOW... Then it occurred to me where I lived and I started wonder about the ACTUAL price of my meds...

Although non mental health related, the price of my BC is fucking stupid. Without looking at a receipt last I checked my BC was 40$ for 3 fucking patches.

• Wow
Reactions: _battered_butterfly_
_battered_butterfly_

_battered_butterfly_

PaperDoll_EasilyTorn
Mar 5, 2021
Wow!!!! Birth control (estrogen and progesterone based) pills are mostly free in my city and state at local Health Departments!!! Like literally 0 dollars!!! Some scripts are around $3.

JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Think it's a racket. In England you can get a card for £110 or something that let's you get everything you need each month for a year, definitely worth it because I almost need two bags for all the stuff I take a month. Don't know how someone without health insurance in America is supposed to survive really.

LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Gosh, that's insane!
Is this 1400$ before or after the taxes ?
Imagine being too poor to afford it and not having any insurance. Yeah, let the people suffer and potentially make them take a credit (If their credit score is even high enough) in order to afford this crap.

MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
The US health care system is a scam. I looked up local prices (except for "C" because I'm no psychic) and the same drugs cost $54 total, Rexulti is the most expensive one at $37 because there's no generic available.

Reactions: demuic
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Damn! So expensive! Nonsense!

I'm only taking my meds because they're kinda cheap with my health insurance but if I didn't have it, I would take none of them.

Does the system want us to recover or go homeless?

T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
Wow. In Britain prescription medication costs £9.35 ($13 US) per month, no matter what it is or how high the dosage.

Everything is generic, too. I didn't even realise branded medication was a thing until I read about the US healthcare system.

Reactions: _battered_butterfly_
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Venting Time...

Soooo...
Doc prescribed Four different medications.
Wellbutrin SR, 100 mg twice a day, a medication for nightmares that starts with a C, as Prazosin didn't work for me...

Klonopin for anxiety, and get this, a medication that is not even used as a stand-alone medication. It is a medication used in combination with other antidepressants to help them work better.

Rexulti.

Anyone ever heard of this crap? Without insurance this medication is close to $1,400!

I honestly haven't noticed if it has helped the antidepressant to work better or not. It makes me hungry as hell. I have gained 8 pounds in one week.

My mouth is super dry all the time... And I have a terrible headache and I'm super constipated.
For $1,400 a month.
Headaches and dry mouth and hard poops. Gee thanxxx...

Luckily, my insurance is covering it.
Luckily? Maybe not the best choice of words...

Part of me wants to give it a try, to see if it'll actually help out. Eventually...

The other part of me doesn't want to see how many weeks it will take for the side effects to subside. I'm already over weight... I really DO NOT need to gain 8 pounds or even 1 flippin' lb. every week for several weeks while my system adjusts to this crap.

I remember starting Latuda a few years back. That was another ridiculously expensive medication. I'm pretty sure it was around $1,350 a month without medical coverage. Not sure what the cost would be now. No generic for it, or Rexulti.

Just imagine if these medications do really have the potential to work for a lot of people and help them... Like... The answer to someone's prayer and in saving a life COULD BE the difference between having theda meds or not...

imagine how many people can't get access to these medications!

I think about these things...

Is it any wonder why we are sick, and suicidal... Healthcare (sickcare) is a joke... No one ASKS to be suicidal. We don't chose this malady ... yet it could very well cost us an entire month's salary trying to find counseling and meds. Trying to afford insurance only for half ass coverage is another story...

Ok... Off my soapbox now.

Are there any medications you are on that are ridiculously expensive???
Any that you haven't been able to afford?

My Wellbutrin, the nightmare medication, and the Klonopin I'm on are all generic... But not that Rexulti
I don't know about the others but if you're concerned about wait I'd be careful with rexulti I was on that and gained 20+ pounds, stopped almost 7 months ago and it still hasn't come off.

_battered_butterfly_

_battered_butterfly_

PaperDoll_EasilyTorn
Mar 5, 2021
I don't know about the others but if you're concerned about wait I'd be careful with rexulti I was on that and gained 20+ pounds, stopped almost 7 months ago and it still hasn't come off.
I officially stopped it. I feel my appetite has increased with Wellbutrin too ... Many users of Wellbutrin report the exact opposite. They usually report a decrease in appetite and weight loss. Why Couldn't I be so lucky?
Think it's a racket. In England you can get a card for £110 or something that let's you get everything you need each month for a year, definitely worth it because I almost need two bags for all the stuff I take a month. Don't know how someone without health insurance in America is supposed to survive really.
Exactly my thoughts... It is ridiculous here.
Wow. In Britain prescription medication costs £9.35 ($13 US) per month, no matter what it is or how high the dosage.

Everything is generic, too. I didn't even realise branded medication was a thing until I read about the US healthcare system.
Ohhhh yes. Branded meds are certainly a thing in the great ole "Land of The Free." And a $1,400 a month med isn't even the worst.
According to Wikipedia, it is a major tranquiliser (neuroleptic).
Unless you are in a state of psychosis, you might as well replace it with ethanol or any opiates.
If only opiates were easy to get ahold of here in the US. We have this "war on drugs" and opiates are being targeted because of all the overdoses.
We have had around 10 ODs in April in my home town of 40,000 people... Mostly due to fake pressed pills made with fentanyl or Carfentanil

... It's sickening to think this way but everytime I hear of An OD from fentanyl I wish I could go that way and find this fake shit as easy. But I am not an addict and wouldn't know how to score These opiates... Even just Percs or Lortab or Oxycontin is super hard to get a script for anymore. They used to hand out this shite for just like, back pain.
Damn! So expensive! Nonsense!

I'm only taking my meds because they're kinda cheap with my health insurance but if I didn't have it, I would take none of them.

They wanna keep us sick and indebted to them. $$$
The US health care system is a scam. I looked up local prices (except for "C" because I'm no psychic) and the same drugs cost $54 total, Rexulti is the most expensive one at $37 because there's no generic available.
Wow.... $37 In what country?!
Is this 1400$ before or after the taxes ?
I think the cost includes taxes. It was around $1,370 On the sheet given to me by the pharmacist. The little paper that says, "you're insurance saved you ______ on this overpriced prescription."

Last edited:
Reactions: demuic and Skathon
fufa

fufa

I don't know what I am.
Mar 26, 2021
You go homeless and they don't get your money. You recover and they don't get your money. Ideally, you survive and remain miserable.

• Aww..
Reactions: _battered_butterfly_, WornOutLife and GenesAndEnvironment
_battered_butterfly_

_battered_butterfly_

PaperDoll_EasilyTorn
Mar 5, 2021
You go homeless and they don't get your money. You recover and they don't get your money. Ideally, you survive and remain miserable.
They want you depressed and ill and reliant upon meds for management of symptoms because CURES aren't profitable...