exiled

exiled

i gave so many signs
Jun 17, 2023
What are you doing to get through?
I am on the verge of CTB at any given moment. I hate this time of year.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kit1, worthIess, Joarga and 3 others
Heading to Darkness

Heading to Darkness

Oct 29, 2023
i'm with you on that and is why i had wanted to ctb earlier than now. I avoid anything Christmassy on radio and tv
I'm still very angry about my inlaws visiting my children this Christmas which stops me seeing them for the fist time in 17 years and have even fantasised about killing him on Christmas eve then ctb myself, i know that sounds crazy but i cant shake it off. the only thing i can say if we all stick together here you can get through it if you want then ctb when you're ready if that's what you want .Either way I know this will be my last Christmas, I've hated it for years anyway.
Good Luck

• Wow
Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
In-laws or ex-in-laws? If not ex, why would their presence preclude you from visiting your children simultneously?

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
How do I get through? Disassociation. I've spent this holiday season like a zombie.

"Yes sir how can I help you?"
"I am glad I could help, happy holidays!"
"Sorry I think we sold out of that product.
"No, we don't have any in the back."
"Sure, I'll take a look anyways"
Meanwhile Mariah Carey is belting her lungs out

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and mungbean
P

Photographer Fizzle

Nov 18, 2023
How do I get through? Disassociation. I've spent this holiday season like a zombie.

"Yes sir how can I help you?"
"I am glad I could help, happy holidays!"
"Sorry I think we sold out of that product.
"No, we don't have any in the back."
"Sure, I'll take a look anyways"
Meanwhile Mariah Carey is belting her lungs out
I absolutely hate that those songs are inescapable -- in restaurants, stores, supermarkets, the street, radio and buses. Everywhere. It's frustrating.
I used to like Xmas music, too, but the last few years have been so miserable that whatever joy I used ro derive from them as a kid has gone away. The kid needed to escape, and while there was no mirth and hardly any gifts, the music (and seasonal movies and TV shows) was a way out of the torturous environment.

Reactions: Kit1
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Not really coping. This month is a reminder of how hellish is to be trapped in this place.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Joarga
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
I get it! aeveryone happy and jolly, and you couldnt care less. faking positivity i get it <3 Wish you the all the best and hopefully you will manage. is it possibel for you to take some breaks? so you dont need to hang out there all the time? just to make it easier for you.I am using charity as an excuse just to focus on something else and that is actually very giving i(but thtas just my opinion) I Wish you all the best and good luck ( WITH whatever that you choose to do) Know that you are not alone in this. we are all here. (or at least some of us ) if you need to vent. :)
xo<3

Last edited:
  • Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm doing what I usually do- trying to ignore it. That's maybe easier for me though because I live alone but I sympathise. I don't like Christmas either.

• Hugs
Heading to Darkness

Heading to Darkness

Oct 29, 2023
In-laws or ex-in-laws? If not ex, why would their presence preclude you from visiting your children simultneously?
ex indeed..we broke up amicably but he just has it in for me, basically he is a very old fashioned bully (ex police as well)

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I really dread any festive periods - I think quite a few of would.

I have to try and be really happy as my children (especially the youngest) loves Christmas - she starts planning for Christmas on Boxing day.

What helps me is that I do all the dreaded mandatory visits by Boxing day and then take a day away by myself alone and disappear.