Helpneedtips

Helpneedtips

Jun 5, 2020
My birthday is coming up soon, and with it comes an urge to ctb so much it feels overwhelming. I'm just reminded how I've muddled through another year without anything improving, and I start wondering if it'll be like this for the rest of my life. I feel pathetic for reaching another year when I could have ended everything now and just be at peace. Internally, I'm kind of joking how, at least, my family would only use one day to celebrate my life and death, lessening the times they have to remember me.

Does anyone else feel this way?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's a good name, Avyn, GoneGirl and 11 others
GoPeaceful

GoPeaceful

Message me if you need someone to talk to :)
May 14, 2018
Absolutely. But the urge spikes normally the most at the beginning of a new year.

Reactions: AutoTap, Iamamistake and 312
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Usually the Christmas holidays are my trigger. I'm relieved it's over. Hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: Iamamistake, Mentalmick, Nicebuddimtim and 2 others
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
Statistically more men CTB around their birthdays'

• Wow
Reactions: Iamamistake, it's_all_a_game and Defenestration
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Sorry to hear your birthday triggers desires to CTB, I can empathize with your feelings- my birthday affect me in a similar way.
—hugs—

A day to celebrate an existence I've never wanted, reminders of expectations I failed to reach, goals I failed to attain... that I'm still alive- that I failed. —sigh—

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sourpink, Iamamistake, Barracuda91 and 3 others
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
Interesting. I like my birthday because people give me stuff and attention.

Reactions: Iamamistake, Mentalmick and Defenestration
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Interesting. I like my birthday because people give me stuff and attention.

I used to feel that way, regarding the attention piece, but over the years the good feels we're eroded away by feelings of loneliness.

The parties quickly reminded me year by year that no one actually cared about me, so much as an excuse to drink with others.

Reactions: Wrennie
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
I used to feel that way, regarding the attention piece, but over the years the good feels we're eroded away by feelings of loneliness.

The parties quickly reminded me year by year that no one actually cared about me, so much as an excuse to drink with others.
I never had anything like a birthday party. But I got to mess with computers and televisions and thats always nice.

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyDude15 and NodusTollens
F

Feline lover

Oct 2, 2019
My birthday is coming up soon, and with it comes an urge to ctb so much it feels overwhelming. I'm just reminded how I've muddled through another year without anything improving, and I start wondering if it'll be like this for the rest of my life. I feel pathetic for reaching another year when I could have ended everything now and just be at peace. Internally, I'm kind of joking how, at least, my family would only use one day to celebrate my life and death, lessening the times they have to remember me.

Yes, almost every birthday. It is really weird. It makes me realize what you said, that everything is the same and I'm the same unimproved person I was last year. However, I also remember what I have actually grown within myself and that somehow keeps me going.

You have reached another year. You have survived through what and who has tried to tear you down. And that is actually really amazing. But I understand that you don't want to continue having to go through all that adversity and sometimes just having peace is what we want. However, things change, I guarantee that. Maybe not the way you expected to, but they change. Maybe you can focus on little things that changed within yourself and your environment, either them being permanent changes or not.
Hope you can make it to your birthday and eat whatever you want and like. If you ever need anything, we are here:)
Lots of hugs, and if you don't like hugs a lot, Lots of head pats.:)

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie and GoPeaceful
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
My 40th is tomorrow. I should have been gone by now. The urge is high.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's a good name, Iamamistake and GoPeaceful

Lari
Oct 28, 2020
Usually my desire for suicide is stronger at the end and at the beginning of the year, as at that moment

Reactions: Iamamistake and GoPeaceful
wonderworld

wonderworld

w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶
Jun 5, 2020
yes, i hate birthdays, i always book them off from work and then sleep through it

• Hugs
Reactions: Iamamistake
sourpink

sourpink

Student
Aug 27, 2020
yep. I truly dread and hate the attention and the strange outpouring of professed caring or love based on the date. I don't at all enjoy celebrations or much acknowledgement really. just let it be another day.
for me, that day is always always always a stab wound, pouring in salt and twisting the knife reminding me I'm not where I feel I should be. that I haven't made any progress (imo) since the last birthday. reminds me of my own self loathing and makes me question even more than usual what in the hell I'm still doing here to witness such an awful day.
that date and one other are basically tied for first place in acting as an ideation increase trigger.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens and Iamamistake
T

Tired_Tired

Student
Nov 25, 2019
I think most people are looking for a solution to end the suffering on this forum, but not lots of people are so lucky have loving family nearby.

Reactions: Iamamistake
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
For me my birth isn't something to celebrate, but is instead the origin of my despair, so I totally get where you're coming from.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, sourpink, 312 and 1 other person
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
yep. I truly dread and hate the attention and the strange outpouring of professed caring or love based on the date. I don't at all enjoy celebrations or much acknowledgement really. just let it be another day.
for me, that day is always always always a stab wound, pouring in salt and twisting the knife reminding me I'm not where I feel I should be. that I haven't made any progress (imo) since the last birthday. reminds me of my own self loathing and makes me question even more than usual what in the hell I'm still doing here to witness such an awful day.
that date and one other are basically tied for first place in acting as an ideation increase trigger.

This sounds awful, I'm sorry birthdays are so painful for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: sourpink
sourpink

sourpink

Student
Aug 27, 2020
This sounds awful, I'm sorry birthdays are so painful for you.
very sweet of you to be understanding. I'm really hoping I won't have to deal with another, but in the event that I do, I'm just gonna be a stubborn ass adamantly demanding nothing/no 'special treatment '.
either way, no one will be successful in guilting me into or forcing me to eat cake (or at all) for an audience and their amusement. I can kinda see the weird fascination though, I guess if I didn't have .. *gestures vaguely at whole body* all this illness ... I might not get why birthdays are an abhorrent experience.
sorry to ramble . your empathy is so appreciated.

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020

Yes, bdays and holiday season!

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
very sweet of you to be understanding. I'm really hoping I won't have to deal with another, but in the event that I do, I'm just gonna be a stubborn ass adamantly demanding nothing/no 'special treatment '.
either way, no one will be successful in guilting me into or forcing me to eat cake (or at all) for an audience and their amusement. I can kinda see the weird fascination though, I guess if I didn't have .. *gestures vaguely at whole body* all this illness ... I might not get why birthdays are an abhorrent experience.
sorry to ramble . your empathy is so appreciated.
:) That's okay, rant away- sometimes we just need to get it off our chests. If you do have another birthday, here's hoping things work out & you can have your privacy.

• Hugs
Reactions: sourpink
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I feel you bro! My bd was 2 days ago and before that I really wanted to ctb. I had even disabled my account because I was not sure if I would be back.

Then, I relaxed and decided to think things carefully. No need to rush.

Hope you decide what's best for you soon. You have all my support.

Send you hugs and love!

Reactions: xLosthopex and NodusTollens
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
My birthday is the end of March and definitely hope to be gone before then
I've always had a huge fear of getting older or 'growing up'....

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens