sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
What are some high-paying jobs for people with social anxiety, adhd, and asd? Tbh I just want a job where I can be alone in peace and not have to interact with others. Any good suggestions? I have a college degree btw (in a stem field)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante, QteStimBnnuy, d3j3ct3dl0s3r05 and 1 other person
Greyscale

Greyscale

Sep 19, 2023
I'd start looking at remote job listings.

You'll still have to interact with others, but it would be much less than a non-remote job.

Reactions: peace_van, QteStimBnnuy, jar-baby and 1 other person
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
Maybe a remote programming job?

Last edited:
Reactions: peace_van, sserafim and jar-baby
RollingKinematics

RollingKinematics

Howdy! How ya' doin'?
Jul 11, 2023
If you're not afraid of heights, wind turbine technician or radio tower climber are really cool jobs.
You also don't interact with people a whole lot. Cuz you mostly work alone. The only interaction you'll probably have is when you receive calls/texts from the dispatcher and she tells you where to go. Also, it's not the same for everyone, but when I'm doing manual work, my ADHD feels less like an issue.

As Greyscale and Eudaimonic said, a remote programming job could be a really great idea.

You could also become a train driver cuz it's funny.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
If you're not afraid of heights, wind turbine technician or radio tower climber are really cool jobs.
You also don't interact with people a whole lot. Cuz you mostly work alone. The only interaction you'll probably have is when you receive calls/texts from the dispatcher and she tells you where to go. Also, it's not the same for everyone, but when I'm doing manual work, my ADHD feels less like an issue.

As Greyscale and Eudaimonic said, a remote programming job could be a really great idea.

You could also become a train driver cuz it's funny.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty clumsy and my hand-eye coordination isn't very good, so manual jobs are out of the picture for me. I'm thinking about a remote programming job tho, the issue is knowing what exactly to learn for it tho (like languages and stuff)
Maybe a remote programming job?
I was actually thinking about this! I've always wanted to break into tech and be a programmer but I'm not exactly sure how to get started bc there's no clear path. Someone on here suggested I learn programming by myself with free online resources but I'm not sure what exactly to learn….there's just so many kinds of programmers who all do a different kind of programming

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante and RollingKinematics
Lost_my_soul

Lost_my_soul

No one will help you unless it benefits them
Sep 13, 2023
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty clumsy and my hand-eye coordination isn't very good, so manual jobs are out of the picture for me. I'm thinking about a remote programming job tho, the issue is knowing what exactly to learn for it tho (like languages and stuff)
Try hands on Python and see some suggestions on LinkedIn for a remote job, it would take some time, but believe in yourself, I wish you the best.

Reactions: sserafim
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
I was actually thinking about this! I've always wanted to break into tech and be a programmer but I'm not exactly sure how to get started bc there's no clear path. Someone on here suggested I learn programming by myself with free online resources but I'm not sure what exactly to learn….there's just so many kinds of programmers who all do a different kind of programming
Harvard's computer science course, CS50 is, I think, a good place to start. It's free on edX and YouTube. Then learn a little more about the different fields of programming (web development, data science, etc.) and when you decide on one, look for corresponding developer roadmaps online that can lead you to the relevant courses and tutorials.

Reactions: sserafim and Eudaimonic
Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
Trucking. You're by yourself 90% of the day and you make bank.