cu1len

cu1len

:]
Jan 3, 2019
B68A8557 745D 44DB A097 7C7D08CF0A3C I live near a state park with a relatively tall tower. It's currently closed off for cars due to vandalism but completely accessible to hikers. Would this be tall enough to ctb? Each story is about 17 feet. I'd like your insight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead_Inside, letmeseethedeath and Lifeisatrap
Politecat

Politecat

Dec 9, 2018
View attachment 5139 I live near a state park with a relatively tall tower. It's currently closed off for cars due to vandalism but completely accessible to hikers. Would this be tall enough to ctb? Each story is about 17 feet. I'd like your insight.
Death by falling is a tricky one, it depends, the height, your weight, how fast, how you land, too many variables thus it's possible to survive and be in a huge amount of pain, which is why it's one of the least promising deaths.

Reactions: Dead_Inside, 15dec, SiArc and 3 others
cu1len

cu1len

Jan 3, 2019
Well I'm a woman of science, I work with variables all the time.

Reactions: Politecat, Dead_Inside, BagofBones and 1 other person
Sinbad

Sinbad

Self-Annihilation is loading...95%
Nov 27, 2018
Not enough..
You might die if you land on your head. The chance of ending up a vegatable is high from that height.

Reactions: Politecat, Zzzzz, MsM3talGamer and 2 others
Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
Recomended to jump 150 feet to a hard surface, 250 feet to water for (pretty much) a guaranteed instant death. As @Politecat pointed out, there are many variables. I suggest reading "Jumping from a height" at lostallhope and an article titled "Death occurs 6 meters obove the ground" source unremembered. I will be back soon with links.
BTW. Just based on the pic you posted, thinking a soft (or at least not concrete or rock) surface beneath. Height really uncalculable. I would not consider this, based on what I see and infer from the pic.
Be back soon with links to articles to read.

Reactions: Politecat and Lifeisatrap
Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
Links to articles everyone thinking of jumping should read.

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/jumping-high-building

Even though the title states "building" it covers jumping in general.

I am still searching the article about being dead before you hit the ground. Read it on 8chan site. The basics of it are that you fall faster than your eyes can transmit info to brain and your brain process it. So at (6 meters or 6 feet)? As you see it, you have already impacted and died. You never see impact (presuming sufficient height and instant death)

Would appreciate any help finding this article. I know at least some of you have contributed to, asked questions, or lurked the 8chan catalog.

C2theN

C2theN

Nobody Dast Blame Me
Nov 25, 2018
Don't even consider it. If each level is 17 feet, that's 51 feet total, no more than five stories in a building with standard floor-to-floor measurements. Google is full of stories about people who jump from that height, and they typically end up with shattered bones, punctured organs, paralysis, etc, but they rarely die. Among other things, it's impossible to aim your head at the ground when you won't be in the air for more than a second.

Reactions: Politecat, Lifeisatrap and 15dec
F

furax53

Student
Nov 13, 2018
the height is too indecisive to have certain death

Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
Is it high enough? Unclear.

Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
Probability= bone fracture, paralysis>death

F

furax53

Student
Nov 13, 2018
you're likely to stay alive with fractures and the worst be a vegetable at the brain level

Jiva

Jiva

I want ...
Nov 18, 2018
I think, a jump can´t be sure. At WW2 one gunner from a bomber survived the fall from 10 km (32 000 ft.).

C

CJM

Experienced
Jul 13, 2018
You're at a risk of becoming a vegetable with that.

Reactions: therhydler, Politecat and Lifeisatrap
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
@freaKtodie ,

Check Geo Stone's book. I did post an excerpt of a relevant page (pic) in one of my threads.You can look for that if you like. His comments are really good.

You usually want an altitude of at least 150 metres (500 metres is better), a hard surface not a soft one, and above all: don't land on your feet !

cu1len

cu1len

Jan 3, 2019
Thank you all for your insight, and it has also come to my attention that the tower was torn down because of safety standards so yeah thank you though!

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Politecat