N

neverseenhere

Jul 10, 2020
hi everyone, how are you all? I hope everyone is doing better. i promise you, it will get better in time. also almost early happy birthday to me i guess!

• Hugs
Reactions: Smellanie, TimeToBiteTheDust, disabledandhopeless and 11 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry but I'm not sure that's a fair promise...

Reactions: lex, lostangel, Sinai Silence and 20 others
N

neverseenhere

Jul 10, 2020
for some of us will happen earlier or later. dont lose faith. Or at least try not to. stay safe. and in case no one told you this today, you deserve better.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I think for some life will get better and hope it does, but for others it may not. Are you pro life or pro choice ?

Reactions: Tigeress Lost, ocd is bad, falloutcarter13 and 2 others
miguel6565

miguel6565

Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
Thats not a fair promise
I think for some life will get better and hope it does, but for others it may not. Are you pro life or pro choice ?
Pro life problaby

Reactions: Emily_Numb, Superdeterminist and fastFWD
M

melp

Aug 5, 2020
hi everyone, how are you all? I hope everyone is doing better. i promise you, it will get better in time. also almost early happy birthday to me i guess!

That's not how it works. Even if it might be better, it's too bad, too bad a chance to improve on its own. Your words sound like a comedy or a parody. Or just too high. If you believe what you say, you are also detached from reality.

Reactions: Ximon, Tigeress Lost, Astral316 and 2 others
chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
I was told that 20 years ago, "promise" was also used :-)

...and it kept going down.

When I think about it - actually it's pretty stupid and pointless to hang in a downward spiral for 20 years.

Reactions: Astral316, Superdeterminist and _Minsk
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Thats not a fair promise

Pro life problaby
Yeah probably straight off the back of his/her first self help book. I was inspired by my first one.i use to believe in blanket slogans with no substance like...you deserve better. I even did affirmations lol.
No harm done i suppose just a bit irritating when youre too far gone lol.

Reactions: Ximon, Astral316 and miguel6565
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
You can't guarantee it will get better. Don't make this kind of promise, especially to people whose lives you don't know anything about.

Reactions: voyager, AprilsBlessings, Ximon and 12 others
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
You are right, it will get better in time. I'll probably be buried in the ground already when it does, but I appreciate the kind words anyway.

Reactions: Corazón destrozado, voyager, AprilsBlessings and 5 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I agree that I and we deserve better. But to promise things will get better and that it will happen sooner or later...unless the person who says this has the power to personally step in and make things better, it's a platitude. Throughout history, for many people, things did not and do not get better. How many people for millennia, up to the present day, have been born into violent oppression or slavery and died in the same conditions?

I have empathy for anyone who makes such assertions. I, too, used to fart rainbows. And I now understand anyone who disdained me for my well-meaning, opiate-high ignorance. Real beneficial change takes the work of the individual, often along with many, and even then, sometimes conditions are so overpowering that in spite of the power of hope, optimism, and extraordinary effort, it does not come to fruition. To be worthy of blessings and victory is sometimes the best one can achieve.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jonpeter, AprilsBlessings, Isadeth and 6 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
That's a very very big promise to make to people who are already walking very fine lines between life and death. I appreciate the sentiment and I'm sure it was meant with good intent but probably not what people wanna hear.

Reactions: virginiawoolf86, Deleted member 4993, AprilsBlessings and 11 others
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Welcome here, but a word of advice...the best policy is not to project your own thoughts and feelings onto other people. Here, and in life. Your personal beliefs are just that - your personal beliefs. People come here to feel understood, and when you say things that presume that you know their own lives, situations, mind and hearts better than they do, it causes discord. I appreciate that you feel like you want to help people, but if you really want to help, you'll remain open minded and respect that other people may not feel the same way you do about life, death, or anything really. Starting out by making some promise that no one can make is not the best way to begin.

• Hugs
Reactions: greekyfish10, voyager, Deleted member 4993 and 8 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I tried to read the OPs statement in the broadest sense possible.
'Things will get better' is a true statement viewed in relation to the eternal. But this doesn't exactly help people in the here and now.
I think the OP meant well though, but maybe the wording was a bit clumsy.

Reactions: virginiawoolf86 and ocd is bad
ocd is bad

ocd is bad

-
Jun 26, 2020
I also think OP meant well, but it doesn't always get better. I can't speak for everyone's situation but I know mine won't get better and I'm starting to lose the last of the false hope I had left.

• Hugs
Reactions: virginiawoolf86, voyager, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
OP has good intentions, but I always find irony in people who will say, "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." Life is temporary.

Reactions: lex, Ximon and ocd is bad
ocd is bad

ocd is bad

-
Jun 26, 2020
OP has good intentions, but I always find irony in people who will say, "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." Life is temporary.
I never understood that one. Who the hell wants a temporary solution? Lol

Reactions: Ximon, esse_est_percipi and GoodPersonEffed
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
"suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."
Just another platitude, a bromide used by people with little understanding of what suicidal people really go through.
Who the hell wants a temporary solution? Lol
exactly. A permanent solution is always better than a temporary one

Last edited:
Reactions: Emily_Numb, falloutcarter13 and iDieUDie80
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
What I'm saying is, "temporary" can mean a lifetime.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I try to remain positive for others but lack it for myself. I understand where you're coming from with the best intentions. But... Promises were made to be broken.
Also, happy early birthday! Xx

Last edited:
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
This reminds me of something someone said to me many years ago:
I had a new girlfriend, and lots of new friends, and a new good job, and I felt really happy, like my life was finally improving for the better.
I told a friend how I was feeling, and she gave me a sigh and a sympathetic smile and said "This, too, shall pass".
At first I was a little angry at her for using that phrase out of context to rain on my parade. But she was right.
The girlfriend didn't last, the job didn't last, the friendships didn't last... it all went away.
So, yah, things can get better. But they can also get bad again. Life turns on a dime.
At least if you're as lucky as me and still have some agency in your own life. I know not all of us do. I'm sure for them "It'll get better" is an outright slap in the face.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9 and Neville1
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
for some of us will happen earlier or later. dont lose faith. Or at least try not to. stay safe. and in case no one told you this today, you deserve better.
You know everyone on here and all the situations that they have found themselves in? There is no hope for me, and it cannot get better. I cannot afford a lawyer, and no, I have done nothing wrong. A doctor did. So do us all a favour b..g..r off.
You are now on ignore.

• Love
Reactions: Isadeth
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I have done nothing wrong. A doctor did.

I'm so sorry you also have a horrific doctor experience. I was also victimized by a doctor. I don't know your story but you have my sincerest empathy. ♡

Reactions: virginiawoolf86
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
False hope can be more detrimental than accepting that life is suffering.

Reactions: Isadeth
LookingOverTheEdge

LookingOverTheEdge

Hello Darkness my old friend
Jul 13, 2020
This reminds me of something someone said to me many years ago:
I had a new girlfriend, and lots of new friends, and a new good job, and I felt really happy, like my life was finally improving for the better.
I told a friend how I was feeling, and she gave me a sigh and a sympathetic smile and said "This, too, shall pass".
At first I was a little angry at her for using that phrase out of context to rain on my parade. But she was right.
The girlfriend didn't last, the job didn't last, the friendships didn't last... it all went away.
So, yah, things can get better. But they can also get bad again. Life turns on a dime.
At least if you're as lucky as me and still have some agency in your own life. I know not all of us do. I'm sure for them "It'll get better" is an outright slap in the face.
I don't mean to be pedantic, but technically that is the context of the phrase isn't it? I thought it was meant for describing both the good times and bad times in life?

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
So glad you posted this, OP. It has changed everything for me. Your words have given me a new perspective on life. I can feel hope running through my veins. I am animated once again.

I'm gonna flush my N, throw out my SN and make a hammock with my rope.

The world needs more people like you. And by more I mean less. A lot less. Close to zero actually.

Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
Yeahhh.... no. We all deserve better, doesn't mean it will magically happen though. Can't be throwing out empty promises like that yo

Nutmeg

Nutmeg

Maybe I ate all the marshmallows, maybe I didn't.
Aug 16, 2020
Thank you so much! but you don't know what I am going through so you can't promise me anything like that.
..... but thank you my friend :)