dazydoop

dazydoop

Aug 5, 2019
does anyone know if it would have any labels on the package?

Yoffi

Yoffi

I can't dance, I want to dance
Aug 8, 2019
I'm quite sure there shouldn't be any labels indicating what might be inside the package as that would be against the privacy of correspondence, and the only information on the package should be information necessary for delivery for whoever is handling it.

• Love
Reactions: dazydoop
dazydoop

dazydoop

Aug 5, 2019
I'm quite sure there shouldn't be any labels indicating what might be inside the package as that would be against the privacy of correspondence, and the only information on the package should be information necessary for delivery for whoever is handling it.
even if its something toxic?

Yoffi

Yoffi

Aug 8, 2019
even if its something toxic?
even if it's something toxic, any special information that I can think of is the well known "caution: fragile" (which doesn't change much in terms of handling btw, the guys at warehouses really don't care).
any labels even hinting at what might be inside the package on the package itself is against the law of privacy of communication and correspondence.
the only ones allowed to know what's inside the package is you - the receiver, and the sender, no matter what's inside

edit: I was looking at some photos of packages to make sure and noticed that the packages send/received in the US had a description of contents of the package, so I just wanted to include a quick disclaimer that I can speak only for the EU, in my whole life I have never seen such descriptions on any package delivered to/from any EU country.

Last edited:
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
any labels even hinting at what might be inside the package on the package itself is against the law of privacy of communication and correspondence.
the only ones allowed to know what's inside the package is you - the receiver, and the sender, no matter what's inside

That's completely not true, at least not everywhere. Last time I ordered lithium ion batteries from Amazon, the package was plastered with warnings about the dangers of lithium ion batteries.

That being said, the last time I ordered potentially dangerous chemicals from Amazon, it came in a non-descript box, and the last time I ordered furniture (from a 3rd party vendor on Amazon), it shipped in a box that had a picture and description of exactly what it was, so the only thing you can say for sure is there's no universally applicable rule.

Reactions: Yoffi
Yoffi

Yoffi

Aug 8, 2019
That's completely not true, at least not everywhere. Last time I ordered lithium ion batteries from Amazon, the package was plastered with warnings about the dangers of lithium ion batteries.

That being said, the last time I ordered potentially dangerous chemicals from Amazon, it came in a non-descript box, and the last time I ordered furniture (from a 3rd party vendor on Amazon), it shipped in a box that had a picture and description of exactly what it was, so the only thing you can say for sure is there's no universally applicable rule.

yes, I just noticed my mistake and edited my previous post. I'm sorry for any mistakes I have made and possible confusion.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019

Amazon does have a thing you can check off to hide the contents of the package if it normally shows that. Unsure if that would cover warnings, though.