aitouka

aitouka

calm
Apr 5, 2023
I've been struggling with a huge amount of demanding work and I haven't been sleeping or eating well. Sorry for being so needy but I need some motivation, because I think I'm just hanging on a thread to survive. And I'm so tired.

• Hugs
Reactions: pole, Cloud Busting, AllCatsAreGrey and 5 others
BringMeToLife

BringMeToLife

I'm stuck in here
Apr 13, 2023
I get you. The work system that currently exists is terrible... It's simply too much and it's understandable that you are exhausted. I wish you to find some time for yourself, to relax. I believe in you and your inner strength

• Hugs
Reactions: aitouka
UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
Sorry for being so needy but I need some motivation
I don't think you're being needy at all! As human beings, I don't think that we were ever meant to go through darkness and hard times alone. It is an unfortunate thing that some of us have to do it all alone anyway, or that we end up feeling alone.

I also believe in you. The work may be demanding, but hopefully this is just a phase. If it is, I hope that you can keep pushing until the end, despite how hard it is. I think that you can do it! I hope that within this phase of your life you can find time for rest, as well.

Is there a reason you're not eating well? Do you find that you lack the time or is it just difficult to have an appetite with all the stress? I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I'm not eating very well myself, but it's important to take care of ourselves with some decent food at least, so that we can have some more energy throughout the day. I also hope you'll be able to eat more soon, too. I'm wishing you the best, I know burning out on work is really a horrible thing to deal with.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cloud Busting and aitouka
aitouka

aitouka

calm
Apr 5, 2023
I don't think you're being needy at all! As human beings, I don't think that we were ever meant to go through darkness and hard times alone. It is an unfortunate thing that some of us have to do it all alone anyway, or that we end up feeling alone.

I also believe in you. The work may be demanding, but hopefully this is just a phase. If it is, I hope that you can keep pushing until the end, despite how hard it is. I think that you can do it! I hope that within this phase of your life you can find time for rest, as well.

Is there a reason you're not eating well? Do you find that you lack the time or is it just difficult to have an appetite with all the stress? I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I'm not eating very well myself, but it's important to take care of ourselves with some decent food at least, so that we can have some more energy throughout the day. I also hope you'll be able to eat more soon, too. I'm wishing you the best, I know burning out on work is really a horrible thing to deal with.
Thank you so much. I think I'm not eating well due to both reasons you've mentioned, and I sort of have this mentality which when I skip a meal, I go 'oh I'll just treat it as losing weight, it's fine', and this combined with stress, zero appetite and lack of time makes everything worse. I think I'm really just functioning on sugar, coffee and energy drinks now.

• Hugs
Reactions: UsagiDrop
UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
I sort of have this mentality which when I skip a meal, I go 'oh I'll just treat it as losing weight, it's fine'
Felt, I definitely do this too. I know it's not the healthiest but I call it looking on the bright side of things, lol.

But I get it, because I definitely have my moments where I just survive off iced coffee, air and whatever gasses are in my body. Despite not having an appetite, do you think it would be possible to eat lighter foods? Things that wouldn't take you very long to eat and that wouldn't make you feel super full. Like maybe a small bowl of oatmeal in the morning, a salad with a few pieces of meat for dinner, or some wedges/pieces of fruit throughout the day/for lunch. It may be hard to do, but maybe eating at least a little bit will help you deal with the challenges at work.

There are also those meal replacement shakes, like Ensure, that you can chug down from time to time just for the energy and nutrients! Those get me through a lot of days. Electrolyte water, too. But food is still a better option, I think; it's just that food can be so hard to eat and keep down when you're stressed.

• Hugs
aitouka

aitouka

calm
Apr 5, 2023
Felt, I definitely do this too. I know it's not the healthiest but I call it looking on the bright side of things, lol.

But I get it, because I definitely have my moments where I just survive off iced coffee, air and whatever gasses are in my body. Despite not having an appetite, do you think it would be possible to eat lighter foods? Things that wouldn't take you very long to eat and that wouldn't make you feel super full. Like maybe a small bowl of oatmeal in the morning, a salad with a few pieces of meat for dinner, or some wedges/pieces of fruit throughout the day/for lunch. It may be hard to do, but maybe eating at least a little bit will help you deal with the challenges at work.

There are also those meal replacement shakes, like Ensure, that you can chug down from time to time just for the energy and nutrients! Those get me through a lot of days. Electrolyte water, too. But food is still a better option, I think; it's just that food can be so hard to eat and keep down when you're stressed.
I'll try, thank you for the advice. I'm having 'lighter meals' which just consist of crackers and chocolate really, those that give more of an energy boost and feels filling. I know it's unhealthy but those are cheaper foods compared to healthy foods, unfortunately :( veggies and fruits are so much more expensive compared to crackers… I will try to eat something in the morning though!

• Hugs
Reactions: UsagiDrop
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Work and especially other people can make everything much worse. Hang in there if you are able to. Try to make rest count and enjoy some hobbies if possible.

• Hugs
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
Do you smoke? There are days when I am going through a lot of stress because I have to deliver a project and I feel like I won't have time. On those days I smoke two boxes of cigarettes a day or even more and I don't sleep well and I barely eat... before When I didn't smoke I lost sleep but not the appetite, I think that perhaps the dopamine provided by nicotine can replace appetite.

U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
Live on lentils so you don't have to be subservient to the kings.

aitouka

aitouka

calm
Apr 5, 2023
Do you smoke? There are days when I am going through a lot of stress because I have to deliver a project and I feel like I won't have time. On those days I smoke two boxes of cigarettes a day or even more and I don't sleep well and I barely eat... before When I didn't smoke I lost sleep but not the appetite, I think that perhaps the dopamine provided by nicotine can replace appetite.
No, I don't smoke. Smoking is really expensive here, simply unaffordable and I know it's unhealthy so I'm not going to try it. I drink a little but nothing serious.

nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
Work is difficult and overwhelming, I'm in a similar boat. Take it one task at a time.

• Hugs
vipatherappa

vipatherappa

Student
Feb 28, 2023
I like the art you used as your profile picture. It's really pretty :hug:
also, if you can spare the time, take a moment to visit to a (well-maintained!) park when the weather's good. it can really help you clear your mind and refresh. it's one of my favourite things to do when I'm overworked.