HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
so after doing research and findin out the pain medication Tramadol is a very good anti depressant i started taking it and feel a better mood and almost normal.
now i want to take a safe dose , is it fine taking 2 tramadols daily? 50mg.

With no damage?

Its an opioid and also an SNRI.
from wiki:

"Tramadol is converted in the liver to O-desmethyltramadol (desmetramadol), an opioid with a stronger affinity to the μ-opioid receptor.[3][14] Tramadol is also a serotonin–norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI).[3][15 "

Its also similar to the anti depression medication Venlafaxine.

"The analgesic tramadol has many characteristics in common with the antidepressant venlafaxine. The drugs are structurally similar, share both serotonergic and noradrenergic properties, and undergo a similar metabolic fate. "

Please advise.

MentalStefan

MentalStefan

Loser
Jul 3, 2022
Using tramadol is not a safe way to cope with depression and anxiety. Tramadol works similarly to antidepressants however psychiatrists say that you should take venlafaxine instead of tramadol to treat depression and anxiety. Tramadol is an opioid, which means It is highly addictive and it might damage your digestive system - may cause severe constipation, extreme bloating, bad gas and moderate stomach ache. As an opioid user I can confirm that opioids cause a lot of stomach problems.

Reactions: lionetta12
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
Using tramadol is not a safe way to cope with depression and anxiety. Tramadol works similarly to antidepressants however psychiatrists say that you should take venlafaxine instead of tramadol to treat depression and anxiety. Tramadol is an opioid, which means It is highly addictive and it might damage your digestive system - may cause severe constipation, extreme bloating, bad gas and moderate stomach ache. As an opioid user I can confirm that opioids cause a lot of stomach problems.

Is tramadol better than antidepressant?

When compared to 34 other antidepressants in the database titled Drugs Used to treat Depression (https://www.drugs.com/condition/depression.html), for which there were ≥100 individual reviews for each drug, tramadol was rated as being the most effective (effectiveness rating = 9.1/10).
antidepressant​
number of reviews​
effectiveness rating​
1​
tramadol (off-label)​
139​

42​
venlafaxine​
887​
6.1​

• Informative
Reactions: MentalStefan