Death_From_Above

Death_From_Above

Student
Aug 25, 2018
Hello,

I've read many interesting and helpful accounts here over the last several hours, so thank you to everyone sharing their stories and insights, your stories have motivated me to share my own.

This community strikes me as very sincere, and I regret not finding it earlier.

I intend to depart either today or tomorrow, I'm kind of riding out the mood. The plan is to go via partial suspension. It's strange, as I always used to be terrified by hanging, but now it almost seems the option I can approach most easily. In that light, I have seen a couple of posts where people are afraid their fixture to attach their rope may be too flimsy. What I have tested as to tie the opposite end of the rope to something sturdy, and just hang that over a door which can be closed, or even locked if you're still worried. Provided your anchor is sturdy, and rope strong enough, it should be a workable solution. Also, I'm using the waistband from a gown, which is also rather flat, so it has no problem fitting over the top of the closed door.

I've attempted via CO in the past, but got cold feet probably just in time. I was rather disoriented, and barely made it out the room where I had my BBQ. Also, my method may not have been well refined, as there was a lot of smoke, and waiting for the bus with burning eyes isn't the best way to keep yourself at ease :shy:

Anyway, I ended a serious relationship at the start of the year, and also quit work at about the same time as I was miserable also in part due to my employment circumstances. Though my reason to ctb feels more existential, as I am just becoming more jaded with life as time goes by. I have practically become a recluse, as maintaining face to face relationships have through the last few years just become a chore, and instead of loneliness, I feel that I have just had enough time on this planet, and find less joy in life with each passing day. I also have some identity struggles relating to gender, and don't have the courage to express myself publicly, and admire the stories of all who do, especially the ones shared here regardless of whether the account is in positive or negative experience. I also feel that I may not necessarily be firmly committed to transitioning full time to the opposite end of the gender spectrum, seeing as I'm not dysphoric to the degree where I find no joy in the gender assigned at birth, but ironically my identity feels comfortable at both far ends of the spectrum, depending on my experience at the time, with not much room in between. That does however not grant the satisfaction of as authentic an expression as I would have liked, but I suppose you can't have everything...

I have pretty much reached the end of financial tether, and could not commit to finding other employment, as I could not honestly say that I would have been committed to a new situation. I also feel that this situation helps in strengthening my resolve to end my experience this weekend, and seeing as this is not my first intended bus, I hope it does work out as planned. I do have very supportive family, but could not bare the thought of becoming a burden on them. And terrible as the thought is to cause them suffering through my action, I also have to authentic to myself, and not discount that my own discomfort experienced through life to bring me to this point should cause me to live through an existential suffering that I feel I can no longer bare.

Anyway, that is me in a nutshell. I'll probably still hang around here until I feel that the time has come.

Reactions: RM5998, frank630, SnowyDreams and 22 others
akosineenee

akosineenee

Invisible idiot
Aug 22, 2018
Thank you for sharing your story. We're not so different, you and I. I know how tough it is to not only lose a relationship but employment as well--either occurring at the same time or right after. Then to slowly lose hope, to see the world as bleak and life as a pointless existence or as stated 'a mere exercise in futility'. I'm nearing the end of my financial tether as well although I have no family/friends to fall back to or to worry about burderning them or whatsoever. I'm on my own and my lack of interest and generalized anxiety of job hunting will eventually leave me destitute. But my guess is we're not the only ones to have suffered this way. I hope that you find peace and comfort in your last days and hours.

Reactions: Queenh666, Lady Euthanasia, Smilla and 3 others
D

Deleted member 847

Good luck.

Reactions: Tiburcio, lv-gras and Death_From_Above
S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
Peace

Reactions: mattwitt, Smilla, Tiburcio and 3 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Yeah good luck, your post is pretty relatable on all points.

Reactions: Queenh666, uxorious, Lady Euthanasia and 4 others
Death_From_Above

Death_From_Above

Student
Aug 25, 2018
I really do regret what this will do to my parents, that is the one thing I feel tremendous guilt for

Reactions: ThisIsTheEnd, uxorious and weedoge
2ISAB

2ISAB

Aug 24, 2018
Hey man. Its your choice, but do think your loved ones will be better off? Im sory but every story ive read, there is always an emotional attachment.

Its a catch 22

I wish you a pleasant journey werher you stay or go

Reactions: Tiburcio
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I really do regret what this will do to my parents, that is the one thing I feel tremendous guilt for
Yep same here, well I don't give a fuck about my father because he's never been around and has 3 other sons, but my mother, sister and niece... yeah I dread the thought I might ruin their lives.

Reactions: Final Escape and k475u
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Hey man. Its your choice, but do think your loved ones will be better off? Im sory but every story ive read, there is always an emotional attachment.

Its a catch 22

It's pretty normal, 99% of us will have at least one person with an emotional investment whether we like it or not. That's how life is. An emotional attachment or connection isn't necessarily something positive or worth living for. but the guilt is overpowering.

Reactions: Smilla, Bandzbandz and akosineenee
T

Tiburcio

Your rights are over their wishes.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Bandzbandz, Cursed Shaman and 2 others
Death_From_Above

Death_From_Above

Student
Aug 25, 2018

Its a catch 22

I'm conscious of the consequences of my actions, and that is the guilt I must bear. I just can't cope with my life anymore, and it has become tremendously more complicated by me not being able to meet my obligations over the last 5 odd months.

Even if I don't ctb, they won't accept me losing everything I've worked for, and would insist on bailing me out financially, which would ruin them, which will also cause me to become despised by my siblings for essentially being responsible for ruining their security in their old age

Reactions: uxorious and Smilla
T

Tiburcio

Even if I don't ctb, they won't accept me losing everything I've worked for, and would insist on bailing me out financially, which would ruin them, which will also cause me to become despised by my siblings for essentially being responsible for ruining their security in their old age
They must accept it. This is a right you should have: they can't remove you right by not accepting what you really want.

Reactions: lv-gras
Death_From_Above

Death_From_Above

Student
Aug 25, 2018
They must accept it. This is a right you should have: they can't remove you right by not accepting what you really want.

That is how I feel about it, but I do realize that there are consequences to them through me doing what I feel I must. I just want to stop existing

Reactions: lv-gras
Rocky M

Rocky M

I'm A Monster
Jun 20, 2018
Good luck. Rest In Peace

Reactions: lv-gras, Tiburcio, Death_From_Above and 1 other person
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
I hope you find peace

Reactions: uxorious, Smilla, Ashpac and 2 others
P

patheticmethod

Aug 23, 2018
I am so sorry.
Fuck. I couldn't even finish reading because I have no energy rn but I'm crying. Good luck to you if this is what you really need to do. Peace.

Reactions: Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and 2 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Thanks for sharing your story.

I hope you find what you are seeking soon. Am sorry for your pain.

Reactions: lv-gras, Tiburcio and Death_From_Above
Death_From_Above

Death_From_Above

Student
Aug 25, 2018
Wish me luck... Depending on how it goes, and what this week throws at me if I don't ctb, well, I can't actually with certainty make predictions on either outcome :'(

Reactions: lv-gras, Death, Tiburcio and 1 other person
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
Good luck and find your peace

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tiburcio
T

Tiburcio

I wish you luck. You have all my support.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
Good luck. Rest In Peace

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
uxorious

uxorious

Aug 17, 2018
I will also be hanging within hours. I wish you peace.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, shadow11, lv-gras and 1 other person
S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
I will also be hanging within hours. I wish you peace.
I wish you peace too wish I could find the courage to go through with it today I'm so sick many blessings to you

Reactions: lv-gras, uxorious and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
FadedMemory

FadedMemory

Student
Aug 5, 2018
Good luck, may your suffering end.

Reactions: Queenh666, lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Death_From_Above

Death_From_Above

Student
Aug 25, 2018
Hey, I wasn't able to see it through... I started thinking of more extreme measures in light of my weak will, but managed to retreat to a calmer state of mind.

I don't hold myself in very high esteem right now, that's also what held me back from logging on here right after. Maybe its easier when you haven't said anything to anyone, cause then you don't feel like you have anything to live up to apart from your own path (yeah, even random faceless strangers in a forum like this).

As a consolation, having crossed paths with many of you makes it somewhat easier to accept my current defeat, knowing I have kindred spirits out there.

Reactions: Anarchy, akosineenee, Ampsvx123 and 2 others
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Hey, I wasn't able to see it through... I started thinking of more extreme measures in light of my weak will, but managed to retreat to a calmer state of mind.

I don't hold myself in very high esteem right now, that's also what held me back from logging on here right after. Maybe its easier when you haven't said anything to anyone, cause then you don't feel like you have anything to live up to apart from your own path (yeah, even random faceless strangers in a forum like this).

As a consolation, having crossed paths with many of you makes it somewhat easier to accept my current defeat, knowing I have kindred spirits out there.

No shame in missing the bus. You don't need to feel like you need to live up to anything on here.
Saying welcome back doesn't feel right but hey.. Welcome back..

Reactions: joydivision and lv-gras
Death_From_Above

Death_From_Above

Student
Aug 25, 2018
No shame in missing the bus. You don't need to feel like you need to live up to anything on here.
Saying welcome back doesn't feel right but hey.. Welcome back..
Thanks. I'm pushing through this month with my next attempt towards the end.

Getting things ready to ctb with H2S, just planning things out

Reactions: lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals