• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TheRainyDaysStay

TheRainyDaysStay

Ferret Lover
Jun 20, 2023
My ferret died today, my precious Ally, my only friend and the only one I could talk to. He was 7 years old this year, and I've had him since he was 3 months. How do I move on from this, all I can do is cry and my family doesn't understand, they just think he was a dumb ferret, but for all this time he was all I had and the only thing that kept me from ending it all. I'm sad and numb and just keep crying off and on. He was so great I miss him already.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ash, MettleSpirit41, abchia and 11 others
verysad=(

verysad=(

Lovely.D4isies
Oct 5, 2020
Some people dont understand how we can get attached to something like a ferret or snake or frog. Let yourself cry and mourn him thats the only way to deal with it. Im sorry for your loss losing pets its one of the most awful feelings

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and TheRainyDaysStay
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
This is going to be really blunt (and it sounds similar to my family) but they sound like complete asshats. I had more connections with animals than people. I prefer them as well. My first dog I had for 13 years and even when I got cancer she'd stay next to me. My current dog (same breed) also does similar things (she knows I'm depressed so stays with me on the bed).

If you can I'd try and give a good life to another ferret or animal. Even if my life is shit and I don't care I can still make another sentient creature content (it's why I'm at the animal sanctuary so often).

I have a large photo of my previous dog and I always wonder what it would be like if she met the dog I have now. They'd play together.

• Love
Reactions: TheRainyDaysStay and lynnschronicles
TheRainyDaysStay

TheRainyDaysStay

Ferret Lover
Jun 20, 2023
This is going to be really blunt (and it sounds similar to my family) but they sound like complete asshats. I had more connections with animals than people. I prefer them as well. My first dog I had for 13 years and even when I got cancer she'd stay next to me. My current dog (same breed) also does similar things (she knows I'm depressed so stays with me on the bed).

If you can I'd try and give a good life to another ferret or animal. Even if my life is shit and I don't care I can still make another sentient creature content (it's why I'm at the animal sanctuary so often).

I have a large photo of my previous dog and I always wonder what it would be like if she met the dog I have now. They'd play together.
Yeah they kind of are, I'm probably the only one of my family who thinks of animals as more then pets. I'm also still kinda upset with my mom, I thought she would be more sympathetic but while getting ready to take him to a pet crematorium I said I didn't want my kid nephew to come since he was being insensitive (which kids are, but I was to emotional to be understanding) and he threw a tantrum (which is where I heard my sister call him just a dumb ferret), when my mom finally came to the car she tried to get into an argument and sound all disappointed not even an hour since he died. For now I probably won't get another pet, I start college next month and I feel like I should really try to get a better part time job to try and move out, things like this just remind me my family isn't very understanding when it comes to me.

• Love
Reactions: Throwawayacc3 and lynnschronicles
feelinggloomy

feelinggloomy

Student
May 29, 2024
Im
A so sorry

Reactions: TheRainyDaysStay
quietly_gone

quietly_gone

π’”π’‘π’–π’•π’π’Šπ’Œ π’”π’˜π’†π’†π’•π’‰π’†π’‚π’“π’• πŸͺ
May 9, 2023
im so sorry, i lost three dear cats last year due to a lethal disease, i could barely grieve properly because my family also had the same mindset as yours, i had to spend all my savings to give them a painless death through euthanasia because they refused to help in any way

i know this exact feeling of wanting to stay alive for as long as you can just because of them and i'm sure he felt it too, the connection we share with them is very very real and it'll be with you forever

it was brave and kind of you to have him for so long when you're fighting such a tough battle. i really feel for you, i know the pain never fully goes away but i hope that for the next few days your heart will be soothed somehow

again so sorry, just know that he's grateful he's been your friend for so long, he could've ended up anywhere but ended up by your side and you gave him all the love you possibily could. that's a really really special thing.

❀

• Love
M

MettleSpirit41

Jun 2, 2024
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have been through this thrice actually and all I can say is that mourn him, cry, grieve him. You are supposed to feel this way right now and I think it would be really bad for your mental health if you didn't feel or express anything. As far as you family members are concerned, everyone has a different emotional capacity and you don't need any validations from anyone else for what you are feeling. I will leave you with some of the quotes I have collected from all over the internet and written in my diary:

Vision from WandaVision:
"What is grief, if not love persevering?"

John Green:
"So often we try to make other people feel better by minimizing their pain, by telling them that it will get better (which it will) or that there are worse things in the world (which there are). But that's not what I actually needed. What I needed was for someone to tell me that it hurt because it mattered."

"That's the thing about pain, it demands to be felt."

Franchesca Cox:
"Grief only exists where love lived first."

Paulo Coelho:
"Never. We never lose our loved ones. They accompany us; they don't disappear from our lives. We are merely in different rooms."

I am not so much of an active user of this forum, but you can dm me anytime you want. Peace :heart:

• Love