Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Well I got that urge again. And it looks like I'm about to relapse. I got that feeling that won't go away. And no matter what I do as a distraction, it just keeps coming back.
Screenshot 20210213 201958 I Am Sober Screenshot 20210213 201942 I Am Sober Screenshot 20210213 201927 I Am Sober Screenshot 20210213 201913 I Am Sober

It felt so long. But I barely made it pass a month before I decided just a little cut. Thinking maybe left side of my lower abdomen.
:mmm:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Callie Arcale, Sensei and 5 others
readyforsleep

readyforsleep

Feb 2, 2021
That month still means something, good job. I'm proud of you.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Sensei, Antigonish and 1 other person
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
This is coming from a place of ignorance, but can self-harm be permanently replaced by some other addiction? I've had success conditioning myself to forever obsess over certain things so that there would be no room in my mind (and my brain's reward centers) for anything else.

Reactions: Sensei and Antigonish
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
This is coming from a place of ignorance, but can self-harm be permanently replaced by some other addiction? I've had success conditioning myself to forever obsess over certain things so that there would be no room in my mind (and my brain's reward centers) for anything else.
I dont do drugs. So there's alcohol, nicotine, and sex. Sometimes there's a need to obsessively clean and organize things. Sometime I'll wash my hands like 7 times in a half hr. But that cause my hands to become really dry and blisters develope. I recently started trying to play the guitar. But that's also kinda painful. In a way I guess that's also harming.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
There's something about directly harming the physical body that is very difficult to find a substitute for. Probably because it's the one thing we're always dragging around with us.