N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
This will be a sad post so I will post it here.

My grandma gave me a christmas present. As usual a lot of money but also this...a picture of me as a child where I grew up. I avoid that area now as good as possible because so much abuse happened there. But my grandma lives there and I never visit her. We "celebrated" christmas at my mom's apartment. I hate christmas but in the past there were even more horrible christmas eves. There was a time my family made jokes about my abuse. That I would always blame my mom as a scapegoat. Well I still spend time with them. They support me financially and with chores. I am dependent on them.

I try to quote my grandma. "I wanted to remind you how beautiful that time was." Holy shit that is delusional as fuck. I am not that angry because I am used to my moron family. I rather find it very ridiculous. I am really traumatized by the abuse. I am a mental wreck. I have suicidal thoughts since a decade and I am quite sure I will have to kill myself in the future. Currently I try to act as if everything was fine in order to protect my mom. She had a stroke recently and if she died I had to ctb quickly before I lose my apartment. My mom does not want to change her life. She ate very unhealthy today and drank even alcohol. We are FUCKED when she dies. I cannot change anything. I am in the same boat full of morons. And yes the ship will sink one day. I don't know when. But the unsolvable problems clearly accumulate.

Honestly I am so sorry for that child in that picture. It remembers me that I never experienced a carefree childhood. I think my brain felt all the time as if my life was in danger because of all the domestic violence and insults. Some brains activate then the self-destruction mode. So I turned bipolar and got psychosis.
This picture makes me deeply sad. I think my grandma will never understand that. But I should not care about it. This picture hurts me. I try to forget that horrible time as good as possible. And then she gives me such a "present". I will place it somewhere where I never have to see it again.

I envy people who grew up in a usual average family. I despise my family for what they did to me. I had to face insane pain because of them. I try to hide my pain at the moment as I said for the sake of my mom's health. But hell this picture feels like a hit in my face. I hate spending time with my family.

I could imagine my grandmother will never know that I will ctb. She might die prior to that. I think I will let my family this gift. I let them die and give them ignorance as a bliss. When my mom had the stroke I felt bad. I had a guilty conscience because she tries to support me. And the health of my sister and mine was probably the reason for my mom's stroke. I want to live a life as a person with morally right behavior. And I don't know maybe I will act as if my life would have an happy end when they die. And when they died I will commit suicide. Though I think it is rather unlikely I can go on for such long time. I don't really see a future for me in the long run. I am anxious my mom could get a new stroke when I ctb. But for me this means the first attempt has to kill me. It is my nightmare scenario that I survive my suicide attempt and she dies instead.

My life is so fucking fucked. Having dinner with these morons reminded me of that. I am so fucking anxious. I don't have any future. But a peaceful suidide got even way more difficult with the stroke of my mom. I am really desperate. I try to postpone a new bipolar episode as good as possible. But I am very fragile and it is only a matter of time that I relapse. I feel so imprisoned.

Thanks for reading.

• Hugs
Reactions: donealready, katagiri83, Unending and 4 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I hate looking at childhood pictures too, but for a somewhat different reason, namely it's sad to know that that kid had zero idea what awaited him.

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
There's nothing as depressing as being reminded of how things used to be during my first few years of life. I used to think things were normal but in the last several years as I look back, it's like playing the game, "I Spy," with red flags that I was too young to understand and that others neglected to acknowledge or notice. I'm sorry that little you went through all the things that brought you your current struggles and everything in between. I imagine the holidays are bringing out/up a lot of issues for the majority of us here.