L

letmejoindeath

Kill me
Oct 15, 2023
Is anyone else so worthless and useless that when they try helping others it backfires?

Like imagine trying to help someone and that being a burden to them.

When you can't even get joy from helping others because they would rather not have any help than to be around you it's time to go.

Even at my work I just cause double work for others. They could do it better without me.

P

paintedbutterfly676

Oct 1, 2023
It's hard to exist when you always feel like that, I know I do. I try to do as little as possible, and when I do help, do something small that is so straightforward I can't mess it up. A lot of people I know say they enjoy the effort, if nothing else

W

wasted__life__23

Sep 9, 2023
Is anyone else so worthless and useless that when they try helping others it backfires?

Like imagine trying to help someone and that being a burden to them.

When you can't even get joy from helping others because they would rather not have any help than to be around you it's time to go.

Even at my work I just cause double work for others. They could do it better without me.
You give yourself a really hard time - probably much too hard a time. People are too proud/arrogant/overconfident/stupid to ask for help or to accept it.

Maybe you are reading their rejection as you being useless when they are the ones who truly have a problem?

The good ones will be grateful for your effort, the rest don't count.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I just spent 5 months helping one of my sister's former employees open his own business, only to just realize that he and his business partners were basically seeing how much they could get away with letting me do essentially everything.

I saw this on TikTok the other day and I thinlk it is so accurate:

Reactions: newave3
SpencerSees

SpencerSees

I used to be blind, but now i see
Feb 22, 2023
Helping others used to be My Thing. I even wanted to be a therapist at one point lmao. Turns out i'm just a broken record repeating the same few comforting sentences etched into my brain at 11. I feel so useless. I'm supposed to be there for my friends/partner yet all I ever do is make them feel worse. I have this aura that makes everyone feel just a little worse about their lives.

L

letmejoindeath

Kill me
Oct 15, 2023
You give yourself a really hard time - probably much too hard a time. People are too proud/arrogant/overconfident/stupid to ask for help or to accept it.

Maybe you are reading their rejection as you being useless when they are the ones who truly have a problem?

The good ones will be grateful for your effort, the rest don't count.
Well they straight up tell me " I just don't want your help specifically, you will make things worse not better"

Over something as simple as helping them look for something. Or anything in general.
Helping others used to be My Thing. I even wanted to be a therapist at one point lmao. Turns out i'm just a broken record repeating the same few comforting sentences etched into my brain at 11. I feel so useless. I'm supposed to be there for my friends/partner yet all I ever do is make them feel worse. I have this aura that makes everyone feel just a little worse about their lives.
yea same. Once they get over the initial minuscule amount of grief, if any, they will all have better lives. Most people think it anyways

• Aww..
Reactions: SpencerSees and wasted__life__23