Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
This was during my session as a camp counselor (3rd graders)

I noticed a girl who was crying by herself. I walked over to her, kneeled down, and asked if she was ok. She shook her head and I asked if she wanted to talk about it. She nodded and explained her feelings to me

Afterwards I told her "thank you for letting me know" and said that it's ok to cry. I then asked if she wanted a tissue and I got her 2

My co worker said "don't worry about her she always cries. She's always been that way"

I don't know these students as well as my co workers who's been with them for a while. So maybe it is the case that this particular student over reacts or whatever

But I did want to make her feel valid. Emotional neglect is a bitch

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Pluto, NoLoveNoHope, Huntfish34 and 10 others
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
i was a "don't worry, she cries at everything" kid lol. looking back, it's frustrating that peoplebaround me either ignored it or thought it was funny when its like...if a kid is crying all the time, maybe it's because there's something wrong beyond "well she's just a crybaby"??

so idk thanks for giving that girl some of your time and attention. i really craved that sort of thing when i was little and it always meant a lot to me. i still remember some of the random adults who did that for me...

• Love
Reactions: NoLoveNoHope, Huntfish34, Water-Lily and 1 other person