StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
I need help finding my 12 year old cat a home before I ctb. She is very sweet and sleeps with me every night. I'm leaving soon to head back "home." and if I can't find her someplace I will need to take her with me. I've searched every place where I live and a couple of nearby states. I've looked at every no kill shelter I can find and every organization but was told over and over they have no room. Since she is so old she will be put to sleep. I don't want her to be alone, I want to be with her. If anyone can give me any thoughts that I haven't thought of I would greatly appreciate it. She has been my life for the past 12 years my only friend - it is breaking my heart but I either need to find her a good home or take her with me. Thank you.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Pluto, ClownMe and 1 other person
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Could you leave her with family or friends?

ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I have no family or friends. It's just me and her.
That's a tough spot to be in, im pretty much only staying alive for my 13 year old dog so I feel your pain, I hope it all works out.

• Hugs
Reactions: OrcWitch and Pluto
PTSDPigeon

PTSDPigeon

Useless to live my life oppressed & kept by you :)
Dec 11, 2021
There are "no-kill" shelters all over, in each part of the country. There's also Craigslist. Some people on Craigslist like to rescue animals. I used to rescue animals and rehomed them to nice, compassionate people through Craigslist. They're not ALL bad people. Some people do actually care for animals and want to help. Most people won't want a 12 year old cat who aren't genuinely concerned about the life of the animal. It's worth a shot. You just need to make sure that you ask about things like Huskies in the home, pit-bulls and if they have other animals. Ask to see pictures of the cat's living situation to ensure some weirdo that skins cats isn't seeking a new project.

I did that with my birds. I found rehabbers, enthusiasts through other not-for-profit groups and even made some acquaintances who make my life livable when i'm down and out.

Try FB, other online forums. There are nice people who seek out disabled, old and helpless animals.

I wish I could have a cat. No room in my small place unless it's an old cat and I can't afford vet care or would be happy to take a few disabled ones. I could use the company and each time I get to pet an animal, a part of me charges and comes alive, again.

Maybe you could check yourself into a hospital. Some people find success in being FORCED to stay alive for a short time. You may consider. You shouldn't CTB - you've already established yourself as an adult. You may just be temporarily depressed (major depression). Maybe self-help books, learn to cook something new? When I volunteer and do things for others, a part of me re-charges, also. When I see others who are less fortunate than I am... well, it's nice to feel you've helped someone in need.

Not that your problems don't matter .

if you're sincere about CTB, please check the above options. I sincerely hope that you DO NOT and find a way to occupy your time better.

I just pulled (part-way) though a major depressive episode. I took a walk, baked cookies, I may do laundry. I went to the grocery store. :)

Last edited:
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
There are "no-kill" shelters all over, in each part of the country. There's also Craigslist. Some people on Craigslist like to rescue animals. I used to rescue animals and rehomed them to nice, compassionate people through Craigslist. They're not ALL bad people. Some people do actually care for animals and want to help. Most people won't want a 12 year old cat who aren't genuinely concerned about the life of the animal. It's worth a shot.
Thank you for the ideas. I've tried the no kill shelters - too many cats and kittens - they're overwhelmed with folks bringing pets back that they got during COVID. I'll try Craigslist.

PTSDPigeon

PTSDPigeon

Dec 11, 2021
Thank you for the ideas. I've tried the no kill shelters - too many cats and kittens - they're overwhelmed with folks bringing pets back that they got during COVID. I'll try Craigslist.
I lengthened my response. Facebook has groups. I rehomed wild birds through Facebook forums and met compassionate, listening "friends" that I communicate with on a constant basis who listen to my struggles and lift my burden. In animal "rehab" circles. :) Best of luck.

Know that tomorrow may be better than today. Please.

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
I lengthened my response. Facebook has groups. I rehomed wild birds through Facebook forums and met compassionate, listening "friends" that I communicate with on a constant basis who listen to my struggles and lift my burden. In animal "rehab" circles. :) Best of luck.

Know that tomorrow may be better than today. Please.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it. It is breaking my heart to let her go either way, but I hope I find a great home for her. Time is short.

PTSDPigeon

PTSDPigeon

Dec 11, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it. It is breaking my heart to let her go either way, but I hope I find a great home for her. Time is short.
if worse comes to worst, you may leave her at a vet office right before opening time in a box with a note.

If you can mention which part of the country, you are in, I'd help you look for an organization
if worse comes to worst, you may leave her at a vet office right before opening time in a box with a note.

If you can mention which part of the country, you are in, I'd help you look for an organization

Reactions: dustbiter
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
PTSDPigeon

PTSDPigeon

Dec 11, 2021
(rescueme.org) - very good organization

... There is a start. If you go through all of that and have exhausted your resources, message me. I haven't had a problem with rehoming my animals in emergencies (and they were stranger than cats, they were rescued, disabled, helpless & orphaned baby wild birds).

I've had to re-home in an emergency and have found nothing but good results from people who I kept in touch with (some) who have similar interests, hobbies and mental-illnesses.

Please message me if you need more support.

I do not want you to CTB. I'd rather see you eat something, take some vitamins, take a shower.

I've had to remove myself from my bed and inflate an air-mattress that I forced myself to sleep on (in discomfort) and on my yoga mat to remove myself from the air around my bed and the urge to keep the same view.

Even getting up and taking a shower, drying my hair, keeping myself "put-together" can help.

Shit, I've even forced myself to drink a little more to remain calm and 'wait it out" - not that inspiring drinking during suicidal urges is good for you.

Please let me know how this goes.
You can send your animal on a plane. :) So, if you find an adopter in another part of the country - you can in fact fly your animal ANYWHERE :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dustbiter