K

kittie

Jul 13, 2020
Ok so I've been unable to source SN but I have found potassium nitrite. Will this have desired effect ? How much is required ? I understand it has similar properties as sodium. But I question it's effectiveness as I've not seen PN posted as an option any where.

It seems that since covid occurred getting what is needed is difficult...at least to the uk

aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
As I know sudiom cyanide and potassium cyanide have same reaction but I dont know about its nitrit

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
It's my understanding that it's not a substitute for SN. Let me doublecheck that ...

Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
It is still possible to get SN in the U.K.
It just takes a long while to arrive,now our best supplier is no more.

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Ok so both potassium nitrite and sodium nitrite are used to preserve food; and both can be lethal, but it looks as if it takes way more PN is to be toxic.

This article isn't very informative but the title is amusing:

K

kittie

Jul 13, 2020
Every where I've tried has said not delivering to uk. I'm not the mist computer savvy person so finding it frustrating...if only could go to the vet like pets can.
Ok so both potassium nitrite and sodium nitrite are used to preserve food; and both can be lethal, but it looks as if it takes way more PN is to be toxic.

This article isn't very informative but the title is amusing:

Thank you

Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
Every where I've tried has said not delivering to uk. I'm not the mist computer savvy person so finding it frustrating...if only could go to the vet like pets can.

Thank you
2 more postings then I can PM you with a link.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Have you googled potassium nitrite deaths?

If people die from it, perhaps you can educate the forum.

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Have you googled potassium nitrite deaths?

If people die from it, perhaps you can educate the forum.

All I found were mentions of the hazards of inhaling huge amounts of PN, eg by cleaning out empty vats without proper protective equipment. The Material Safety Data Sheet says large quantities can be lethal but doesn't specify how large.

What (if anything) have you found about it?

K

kittie

Jul 13, 2020
Only found that it is toxic. But no amounts for death....I've looked hence asking on here if any one else has knowledge
Oh also it's used medically to lower blood pressure but lower libido ! Think death will sort that worry out
2 more postings then I can PM you with a link.
Would appreciate that thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed