Smother

Smother

Nov 12, 2023
i wanna ctb but I'm very scared i don't know why. i don't wanna leave my parents behind since I'm an only child. i feel like it will get better but at the same time i think the worst. I'm going to college with my best friend but will that help? i never had a friend before so maybe it will? he thinks i wont kms and am being dramatic but I'm not, i just cant tell him. Will i get better. sometimes i feel like he's not my best friend and no one would really care if i did it and its all just an illusion. i get attached to easily so that sucks. why do i want to talk to my friend all the time? why do i overthink 24/7 idk what to do. its getting to much. i have no ways to cope. what if the couple people in my life leave me at the end? I'm very lonely and don't know what to do. What do normal people do when they get this sad?

• Hugs
Reactions: Rack.- and Praestat_Mori
just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
I can't guarantee it's going to get better and no one can give you that guarantee. I do know that from experience and possibly in your case too, we often have a skewed perception of ourselves; we criticise ourselves very harshly and see the worst. Another thing is that it's easy to get caught up in your thoughts which can often be negative if you're dealing with depression or if you have a bad self perception. Try finding something that keeps you busy and your mind off the topic of "you". Spend time doing something active like jogging or working out, and try having a sleep schedule which allows you enough sleep. Basically what I'm saying is you need to get out of your head for a bit. It can be a dark and unforgiving place. Good luck

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Smother
Smother

Smother

Nov 12, 2023
I can't guarantee it's going to get better and no one can give you that guarantee. I do know that from experience and possibly in your case too, we often have a skewed perception of ourselves; we criticise ourselves very harshly and see the worst. Another thing is that it's easy to get caught up in your thoughts which can often be negative if you're dealing with depression or if you have a bad self perception. Try finding something that keeps you busy and your mind off the topic of "you". Spend time doing something active like jogging or working out, and try having a sleep schedule which allows you enough sleep. Basically what I'm saying is you need to get out of your head for a bit. It can be a dark and unforgiving place. Good luck
Thank you

Reactions: just_a_guy
Rack.-

Rack.-

Trying to understand this world
Jun 11, 2023
i wanna ctb but I'm very scared i don't know why. i don't wanna leave my parents behind since I'm an only child. i feel like it will get better but at the same time i think the worst. I'm going to college with my best friend but will that help? i never had a friend before so maybe it will? he thinks i wont kms and am being dramatic but I'm not, i just cant tell him. Will i get better. sometimes i feel like he's not my best friend and no one would really care if i did it and its all just an illusion. i get attached to easily so that sucks. why do i want to talk to my friend all the time? why do i overthink 24/7 idk what to do. its getting to much. i have no ways to cope. what if the couple people in my life leave me at the end? I'm very lonely and don't know what to do. What do normal people do when they get this sad?

I'm sorry you feel that way. I feel very lonely myself as well so I understand how difficult it is sometimes to find a reason for anything.

It's really good that you are going to college! Keep doing that 👍
Also try to do some exercise and get at least 8h of sleep (these two things really helped me to feel a little better)

If you ever need someone to talk with just PM me :3
You are worthy and important, take care ❤️

Reactions: Smother
Smother

Smother

Nov 12, 2023
I'm sorry you feel that way. I feel very lonely myself as well so I understand how difficult it is sometimes to find a reason for anything.

It's really good that you are going to college! Keep doing that 👍
Also try to do some exercise and get at least 8h of sleep (these two things really helped me to feel a little better)

If you ever need someone to talk with just PM me :3
You are worthy and important, take care ❤️
thank you so much.

Last edited:
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
College can be a healing experience. It was for me. I know how overthinking and anxiety is, and it can also cause issues with focus while studying.

I'd suggest trying to get involved with peer groups when you join school. They likely have clubs for anything you might be interested, and it might serve you to try and step outside of your comfort zone into groups and clubs of things you aren't normally interested in.

At this point in your life, it's important to take it one day at a time. You'll have plenty of moments of despair, but you'll also have moments of joy too. It all ebbs and flows and dealing with those tides is a journey we all have to go through if we want to keep living.

Best of luck in college, I hope you can hang on