Seekingpeacenow

Seekingpeacenow

Jun 12, 2019
Hello. I would greatly appreciate any advice. I am 44 and have suffered with illness and depression my whole life. I ctb'd and was brought back at 18. I would love to say how my life changed and got better. It didn't and I have spent my life doing every type of therapy and healing imaginable. I use no drugs. I don't even drink and live a very healthy life and sadly things have been a constant shit show. I have no support system or family and soon my money Is going to run out. My will to continue on will be gone if that happened. Homelessness would mean death but a much slower one.

Obviously I have been reading and planning for years. My choice to CTB is one that comes when I am simply out of choices. I don't really want to CTB but nothing has ever really improved and I have wanted the pain to end for years. I think about suicide pretty constantly.

it's not something I want to muck around with and mess up. The best option it seems is shot gun. Everything else seems messy or difficult or too many possibilities for error. But the more I read the more confused I get. I know nothing about guns. I shot a hand gun once at a range years ago and that's it. I would obviously go test the gun first before attempting to end things. So given that I know nothing about guns what would you suggest to be the easiest and most efficient with as little error as possible? I will plan on just putting it on a credit card. I am a small girl. So what type of shot gun and ammo? I am not interested in sufficient. I want the best possible scenarios for quick painless and idiot proof. Thank you for your assistance. And I'm sorry we're all here.

Reactions: Kat!, Xiaomi and TimeToBiteTheDust
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
First off, there is a megathread which contains a lot of information about the firearms method.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/guns-firearms-megathread.9042/

As for the shotgun, I would go with a 12 gauge, as that's one of the commonly used kind of shotguns and go with 00 buckshot/#4 buckshot (ammo is important). If you are worried about recoil, you shouldn't because once the shot leaves the barrel, you would be knocked unconscious before the recoil is felt. Also, if you aren't able to maneuver or position the barrel properly, it may help to sit in a low chair and have the butt (stock) of the shotgun resting on the floor/wall. Hope this helps.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream and Ghost2211
SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
Most guns will do, as long as you know where to shoot. Shotguns are overkill and very unwieldy, but they do get the job done, so don't let me stop you. I just want to make your life easier. A handgun is easy to conceal, but a shotgun is not, so there's that to consider.

Reactions: TAW122
S

Septim

Jul 3, 2020
Go to a reputable gun store and they will tell you everything you need to know about guns.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Most guns will do, as long as you know where to shoot. Shotguns are overkill and very unwieldy, but they do get the job done, so don't let me stop you. I just want to make your life easier. A handgun is easy to conceal, but a shotgun is not, so there's that to consider.
Yes, a handgun would also suffice. One does have to make sure the caliber is sufficient as well, such as S&W .40, .45 ACP, 9mm, .38 special, .357 magnum, etc. Avoid using .22LR, .22s, .17HMR, .25 ACP, as those rounds may not be sufficient to ensure death, but a lot of serious injuries. Also, it is recommended to get hollow point rounds over full metal jacket rounds as that delivers more damage to the target area while also not over-penetrating when it hits. Hollowpoints are generally the go to round for self-defense as it doesn't overpenetrate and delivers more energy to the target, thus ensuring a defender would be able to stop an attacker dead in it's tracks. For concealability, you generally need a license/permit in order to do so, but of course if you are CTB'ing on your property, then that may be irrelevant, just make sure you know your state and local laws with respect to concealed handguns/firearms to be on the safe side.

Finally, yes, make you sure know where to shoot and never aim below the chin (it's Hollywood bullshit) as you risk surviving with horrific injuries and becoming a vegetable.

Reactions: Seekingpeacenow
Seekingpeacenow

Seekingpeacenow

Jun 12, 2019
I've read a lot of studies with failures involving handguns. Shotguns have the highest success rate. That was why it was my choice. Yes being unwieldy is a concern. Concealment is not an issue. Guns are legal where I am. If they weren't I would be looking at jumping. Thank you. I will read the mega thread.

Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
A shotgun or rifle, regardless of size, could be setup using some string. A cut shell might be better as far as "tricks" go.

Seekingpeacenow

Seekingpeacenow

Jun 12, 2019
A shotgun or rifle, regardless of size, could be setup using some string. A cut shell might be better as far as "tricks" go.

again I don't know anything about guns. I don't even know what a cut shell is. If I was closer to a high enough jumping place I would just do that. The needing to get a gun and fear of not doing it right is high. Having been brought back once already I want finality and I definitely don't want to screw it up. I've known a few people in law enforcement and medical who have seen people just blow their faces off and survive or still be alive awhile before they died.

Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
again I don't know anything about guns. I don't even know what a cut shell is. If I was closer to a high enough jumping place I would just do that. The needing to get a gun and fear of not doing it right is high. Having been brought back once already I want finality and I definitely don't want to screw it up. I've known a few people in law enforcement and medical who have seen people just blow their faces off and survive or still be alive awhile before they died.

A cut shell is where you cut through the shell where the wad is so it still holds together somewhat. It'll blow the shot out in one lump, like a slug but made of whatever size bb's are in it.

S

Septim

Jul 3, 2020
Wouldn't a slug just be better in that case?

Reactions: Seekingpeacenow and Blue LIPS
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020

I mean yeah lol but they're more expensive and not always readily available as opposed to target loads or buck shot/bird shot.

Also, RIP rounds might be pretty good. More for a pistol though.

Last edited:
Seekingpeacenow

Seekingpeacenow

Jun 12, 2019

I had read everything from lost all hope probably twenty times over the years so in my mind I had always been thinking a slug and just going by their suggestions and whatever I could find online and trying to find a shotgun with the shortest legal barrel since I'm small. Trying to off myself with a toe on the trigger in a bathtub seems questionable.

I am thinking of the people who will have to see my mess and be traumatized. I figured I would leave a note on the door and lock it so they would know and call the proper people. No one would care or know I was gone for a long time though. Not until the rent payments stop and someone eventually enters the place months later. I won't have any friends or family that find me because there aren't any but unless I go into the wilderness alone and far from home I have to do it where I live. There isn't wilderness for miles where I am.
I mean yeah lol but they're more expensive and not always readily available as opposed to target loads or buck shot/bird shot.

Also, RIP rounds might be pretty good. More for a pistol though.

Who gives a shit about cost? You'll be dead. It's ammo it's not THAT expensive. We are talking about leaving life permanently. Use a credit card if money is an issue. It's not like you have to pay it back. :/

Last edited:
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
No, a slug is not "best," though it certainly is sufficient. To define best, you need to look at apparent surface area of the projectile(s) and their penetration in a ballistic stimulant. In order of best, it goes #4 buck, #1 buck, 00, then slug with no birdshot or smaller. I'll be honest, guns are not a the forte of most posters here, and much (though not all) of the advice given here ranges from not great to bad.

if you are looking for ideal and easy it would be a single shot 12 gauge with #4 buck or a 20 gauge with #1 (as #4 is hard to find in 20 gauge). I don't always post so directly, but this is a case where wound ballistic science is pretty unambiguous. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but not their own ballistic gel results.

Reactions: Seekingpeacenow and Blue LIPS
I

imafailure

Aug 14, 2020
12 gauge would be the best choice

X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
Any shotgun will do, when you get to the gunshop ask the clerk for "big game" ammo. It's gonna blow your head clean off.

voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
No, a slug is not "best," though it certainly is sufficient. To define best, you need to look at apparent surface area of the projectile(s) and their penetration in a ballistic stimulant. In order of best, it goes #4 buck, #1 buck, 00, then slug with no birdshot or smaller. I'll be honest, guns are not a the forte of most posters here, and much (though not all) of the advice given here ranges from not great to bad.

if you are looking for ideal and easy it would be a single shot 12 gauge with #4 buck or a 20 gauge with #1 (as #4 is hard to find in 20 gauge). I don't always post so directly, but this is a case where wound ballistic science is pretty unambiguous. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but not their own ballistic gel results.
Curious why #4 buck would be ideal vs #1 or 00 buck? Is it because of the number of pellets?

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
It is not necessarily the number of pellets itself but the total apparent surface area of all pellets total combined with penetration depth, as each pellet will destroy (crush) a known amount of tissue. Experimental results in ballistic gelatin are unambiguous.

voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
It is not necessarily the number of pellets itself but the total apparent surface area of all pellets total combined with penetration depth, as each pellet will destroy (crush) a known amount of tissue. Experimental results in ballistic gelatin are unambiguous.
So #4 can still easily penetrate the skull at point blank? I wonder what shell that McNutt guy used

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Of course....bear in mind I'm referring to #4 buck not #4 birdshot

K

kingsclear

Oct 4, 2020
My figuring is that the main purpose is to knock out the brain stem. I'd like to get executed by a bullet to the back of the head...clean and neat. Anyone available...lol.

X

xaea13

Student
Jul 13, 2020
First off, there is a megathread which contains a lot of information about the firearms method.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/guns-firearms-megathread.9042/

As for the shotgun, I would go with a 12 gauge, as that's one of the commonly used kind of shotguns and go with 00 buckshot/#4 buckshot (ammo is important). If you are worried about recoil, you shouldn't because once the shot leaves the barrel, you would be knocked unconscious before the recoil is felt. Also, if you aren't able to maneuver or position the barrel properly, it may help to sit in a low chair and have the butt (stock) of the shotgun resting on the floor/wall. Hope this helps.
If neither buckshot or slugs are available, how effective is birdshot if I aim into the mouth? I

K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
My ideal way to aim is like so :
Absolutely will hit everything, no chance of failure besides the ammo. As for load, 00 buckshot.
Don't use a short shotgun, but don't use anything long either, in the middle is the best.