Oobaar

Oobaar

Nov 5, 2023
Because how i said my gun range method didnt work i wanna try hanging,

i read that 10mm Polyester is prob the best and i should put a cloth between the rope and my neck. If i remember right.

But i have few problems.

Buying
How sus would it be? Should i buy few more stuf to not seem weird? I found some hardware shop that sells that kind of rope, should i buy like some wood or cables or something?

Fear
I seen gun suicides videos, i also looked at alot of gun death guro art, i seen some bad stuf, some nice stuf, but it made me alright with it and i build some sort of idolization of gun deaths i was alright if i would do it and gun to the head has a very high fatality rate right? And if something didnt work out i would die quickly after. But i dont feel this way with rope.

Problem is i am scared of hanging and the pain, i used to cut myself, i think i should be able to endure it but idk,
also i seen video of woman hanging herself and she tried to grab the rope after she hanged herself. ( That scared me )
Should i just try to choke myself before i try full on suicide to know how it feels and if i like it or not?
I fear if something goes wrong and the pain.

Time
I should probably do it at late night or really early morning.
I live with my family, should i wait till i am 100% sure everybody is asleep? But then it could be less time to the morning when everybody wakes and idk, something could go wrong.
The latest they are awake normally is like around 1:00am and the earliest around 5:30am. ( Normally i dont mean that this everyday, but if they stay up or wake up early these are the times that are normal, but extremes could happen, its random)

Place
The best place is my room i guess, i can lock myself, but the place where i can tie my knot is too close to the wall and wardrobe, could this be a problem? Like full suspension would take longer.
Another is close to the door, but the door has translucent window, somebody could see my siluette at night.

Idk if this is alright posted like this, i am sorry if i did something wrong, thanks for anything and correct if i said something wrong. Thank you.

Last edited:
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that 10mm is best? Could you share the source?

And also, don't worry about seeming suspicious when buying a rope. Nobody will ask you anything. There are plenty of reasons people could be buying a rope.

Which video about hanging scared you? Could you share it with us? Anyway, I think that the only thing you should be worried about is the pain you will feel on the neck after you place your weight on it.

You should reconsider doing it in your room, since you could make noise while convulsing.

Reactions: Oobaar
Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
When I bought my rope I just bought that. They asked how long and I said 3 metres. I had a BS reason for what I needed it for but they didnt even ask.

On method, I used to think about guns as a good method as well. But I realized that there is quite some chance that you dont properly blow off your brain stem and just bleed to death, or even worse survive with diabilities.

From what I read, full suspension hanging has a very high success rate as long as you make sure you are not disturbed for 30+ min, your rope is strong enough, the anchor point is as well.

As for the clawing at the rope, that sounds like someone who was suffocating instead of blocking carotid arteries. Try do experiment with a rope around your neck while on the ground and blocking your arteries. You should feel yourself passing out in 10 sec or so. That is what you want to go for.

Hope you find peace.

Reactions: FERAL_FRENZY and Oobaar