• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Snuk

Snuk

Therapy isn't for me
Oct 21, 2023
Hello! short term lurker, first time posting. (really glad i found this website, it's brought a little bit of solice to me knowing i have a space to talk about this sort of thing without the bs "no don't is bad")

firstly, i will say straight away i do know, and have done, the thread search system. However the results of that searching, hasn't given me the desired results. i've done quite alot of research on the best way i feel it best to ctb for me, and after reading the Night-Night Method, my idea is to walk out into the ocean, or any water really, put pressure on the carotid arteries, and pass out face first into the water, hopefully letting that do the rest.

And after reading a bunch of threads about it, i haven't been able to actually pass out. This Thread did seem most helpful, but after i push on my neck, all that really happens is i feel quite alot of pressure build up in my head, and nothing else. I can't seem to find any pulsing in my neck, so i just end up pushing on random spots. and/or i'm not holding for long enough, but 20 secs should be more than enough no?

Anyway, just looking for advice on finding the right spot, or if anyone has any better ideas with a similar method. e.i, would passing out into water even be effective? i forgot the name of it, but i did read a method on doing **somthing** before jumping into water, passing out before the feeling of needing to breath even occurs.
Thanks for the responses in advance!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and jellymomo
free.maia

free.maia

Oct 10, 2023
i think people in a few threads on here have spoken about the unreliability of the night night method, or that it just downright doesnt work. if that's your choice of method PLEASE do research so you dont end up creating further damage without actually ctb 🙏

Snuk

Snuk

Therapy isn't for me
Oct 21, 2023
i think people in a few threads on here have spoken about the unreliability of the night night method, or that it just downright doesnt work. if that's your choice of method PLEASE do research so you dont end up creating further damage without actually ctb 🙏
I wasn't planning on purely relying on that method, just using it as an easy way to pass out.

I strangely didn't really research *other* ways to pass out. I just thought it would be simple enough.

I've been flip flopping between methods for ages now. It's just so hard to pick a good method, expessially since I can't handle pain well at all, and other painless methods, such as IG, just doesn't work for my situation currently.
Back to the drawing-board I guess 😞

Reactions: free.maia
PrisonPlanetBreak

PrisonPlanetBreak

Oct 22, 2023
You should look into the SWB thread (Shallow Water Blackout), seeing that you mentioned the ocean bit. A better way to pass out to achieve the result of then drowning, is explained there. Pressing on your carotid arteries with your hands, will not lead to passing out in itself, as your hands will drop besides your body, before you fully black out. That being said, if you wanna try and locate the arteries again, if you feel your face is tightening up, it means you squeezed the jugular veins instead. The effect should really be rapid. When I practice with my hands, I can usually get it right 7 out of 10 times. When I press the right spots, vision goes blurry to dark in 10 seconds.

Snuk

Snuk

Therapy isn't for me
Oct 21, 2023
You should look into the SWB thread (Shallow Water Blackout), seeing that you mentioned the ocean bit. A better way to pass out to achieve the result of then drowning, is explained there. Pressing on your carotid arteries with your hands, will not lead to passing out in itself, as your hands will drop besides your body, before you fully black out. That being said, if you wanna try and locate the arteries again, if you feel your face is tightening up, it means you squeezed the jugular veins instead. The effect should really be rapid. When I practice with my hands, I can usually get it right 7 out of 10 times. When I press the right spots, vision goes blurry to dark in 10 seconds.
How deep should I be pressing into my neck for the carotid arteries? I'm still struggling to find anything.

P

Planterraria

Mar 5, 2023
why dont you just get a car and smash yourself in the first tree after you reach like 100mph??

Snuk

Snuk

Therapy isn't for me
Oct 21, 2023
why dont you just get a car and smash yourself in the first tree after you reach like 100mph??
As I said, I'm a pussy when it comes to pain. And that wouldn't be guarenteed would it?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Did you find this thread?

ManByTheRiver

ManByTheRiver

Bliss
Oct 19, 2023
How deep should I be pressing into my neck for the carotid arteries? I'm still struggling to find anything.
It's pretty deep, I have to press diagonally behind my throat just beneath the jaw with a decent amount of pressure for it to start to work.

PreCambrianBliss

PreCambrianBliss

Touring the primordial aeon
Apr 26, 2023
Anyway, just looking for advice on finding the right spot
If you feel pressure building, only the jugular is collapsed. You need more force to collapse the carotid, which is desired. I cannot do it with my hands, but by holding a rope around my neck (don't use knots unless you want to die) and positioning it at the base of my neck, I can make myself dizzy very quickly. The specific position of the rope varies from person to person. I believe the night night method is unreliable because it's difficult to maintain constant even pressure without using your hands. Ratchets and bean bags or socks can slip or shift easily. If you do this and pass out into water, it will still be possible to wake up with lungs full of water if you lose pressure on your neck