• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
I'm not asking anyone to "encourage me to do it" or anything. I'm just working through some considerations. I've identified my top methods and some pros/cons for each. I'd just like some feedback on my prelimiary thoughts. Here they are, loosely ranked, with the methods I'm considering most up top.

1. N

Pros:
  • Peaceful death with few side effects
  • Fits my ideal of kinda just falling asleep
  • Reliable and unlikely to fail
  • Few long-term consequences of failure
Cons:
  • Taste, may make it difficult to consume the full amount
  • Paranoia over the illegality of it
  • Cost
  • A fundamental resistance to poisoning in general as a method (largely because I have an association with poisoning and unreliable, painful deaths)
  • If SI kicks in and I change my mind, it could be hard to reverse course
  • May take a while to actually die

2. Inert Gas Asphyxiation / "Exit Bag"

Pros:
  • Fast
  • Peaceful, painless
  • Relatively reliable
  • Ability to easily abort mission if I have second thoughts before passing out
Cons:
  • Difficulty of obtaining gas, especially of having it delivered to an apartment
  • Highly technical method, and if I don't get the method quite right, I could fail
  • Risk of severe brain damage if I fail
  • Aesthetics of dying with a bag over my head detracts somewhat from peacefulness

3. Hanging (of any form, most likely partial)

Pros:
  • Ideally you pass out pretty quickly
  • Ideally pretty reliable
  • Uses easily-attainable materials
  • I've attempted hanging before so I'm mentally somewhat more comfortable with it
Cons:
  • Can be painful
  • Can cause a panic response
  • Risk of brain damage depending on how badly you fail
  • Hard to get right
  • Just seems brutal in general, far from the peaceful ideal of dying in my sleep

4. SN

Pros:
  • Relatively peaceful
  • Relatively easily attainable (moreso than N or gas, less so than hanging)
  • Loosely fits my ideal of "just falling asleep"
Cons:
  • Side effects and anxiety limit the peacefulness and just scare me in general
  • Could be hard to abort an attempt
  • Taste (still a barrier even if it's better than N)
  • As with N, a general resistance to poisoning

5. Other methods?

• I include this for completeness and because I'm not 100% sure these 4 are the only ones I will ever consider
  • I was originally very interested in "night-night" before I learned now unreliable it is
  • I might be interested in another less-common method like some mentioned in the PPeH, but a barrier is how relatively-little info and support there is on these
  • I've considered violent methods (chiefly jumping) in the past but am less interested in these now

To summarize, I'm mostly between N and an Exit bag, but I also seriously consider other options at time, most notably hanging and SN. I'd appreciate any help in sorting this out. Thanks.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: SpaceCadet
W

woundedwarrier

Aug 1, 2021
I'm not asking anyone to "encourage me to do it" or anything. I'm just working through some considerations. I've identified my top methods and some pros/cons for each. I'd just like some feedback on my prelimiary thoughts. Here they are, loosely ranked, with the methods I'm considering most up top.

1. N

Pros:
  • Peaceful death with few side effects
  • Fits my ideal of kinda just falling asleep
  • Reliable and unlikely to fail
  • Few long-term consequences of failure
Cons:
  • Taste, may make it difficult to consume the full amount
  • Paranoia over the illegality of it
  • Cost
  • A fundamental resistance to poisoning in general as a method (largely because I have an association with poisoning and unreliable, painful deaths)
  • If SI kicks in and I change my mind, it could be hard to reverse course
  • May take a while to actually die

2. Inert Gas Asphyxiation / "Exit Bag"

Pros:
  • Fast
  • Peaceful, painless
  • Relatively reliable
  • Ability to easily abort mission if I have second thoughts before passing out
Cons:
  • Difficulty of obtaining gas, especially of having it delivered to an apartment
  • Highly technical method, and if I don't get the method quite right, I could fail
  • Risk of severe brain damage if I fail
  • Aesthetics of dying with a bag over my head detracts somewhat from peacefulness

3. Hanging (of any form, most likely partial)

Pros:
  • Ideally you pass out pretty quickly
  • Ideally pretty reliable
  • Uses easily-attainable materials
  • I've attempted hanging before so I'm mentally somewhat more comfortable with it
Cons:
  • Can be painful
  • Can cause a panic response
  • Risk of brain damage depending on how badly you fail
  • Hard to get right
  • Just seems brutal in general, far from the peaceful ideal of dying in my sleep

4. SN

Pros:
  • Relatively peaceful
  • Relatively easily attainable (moreso than N or gas, less so than hanging)
  • Loosely fits my ideal of "just falling asleep"
Cons:
  • Side effects and anxiety limit the peacefulness and just scare me in general
  • Risk of brain damage if I fail
  • Could be hard to abort an attempt
  • Taste (still a barrier even if it's better than N)
  • As with N, a general resistance to poisoning

5. Other methods?

• I include this for completeness and because I'm not 100% sure these 4 are the only ones I will ever consider
  • I was originally very interested in "night-night" before I learned now unreliable it is
  • I might be interested in another less-common method like some mentioned in the PPeH, but a barrier is how relatively-little info and support there is on these
  • I've considered violent methods (chiefly jumping) in the past but am less interested in these now

To summarize, I'm mostly between N and an Exit bag, but I also seriously consider other options at time, most notably hanging and SN. I'd appreciate any help in sorting this out. Thanks.
Wait I was unaware that there could be possible brain damage with SN. I haven't seen information regarding that. I'm using SN as my method to ctb here soon.

symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Wait I was unaware that there could be possible brain damage with SN. I haven't seen information regarding that. I'm using SN as my method to ctb here soon.
Woah, wait, don't quote me on that, I'm actually not certain.

Reactions: woundedwarrier
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
It is really a personal choice and preference. What you can tolerate is individual to you.

If you can afford N I don't see any reason to do anything else. There have been many ways to try and lessen the impact of the taste. Those other things would be hurdles that you would have to try and overcome yourself.

Where did you get the information that SN carries a risk of brain damage if you fail? I have not seen this documented in academic literature.

In any case one should always do their best to ensure they won't be found prematurely. Changing your mind though is another thing.

Reactions: Sunset Limited and woundedwarrier
W

woundedwarrier

Aug 1, 2021
Woah, wait, don't quote me on that, I'm actually not certain.
Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off as rude! Just was wondering if it could be a possibility because I didn't see anything saying that, but I could be wrong & that could be a possible outcome.

symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off as rude! Just was wondering if it could be a possibility because I didn't see anything saying that, but I could be wrong & that could be a possible outcome.
No worries, I didn't perceive you as rude, I just wanted to communicate caution because I don't know what I'm talking about on that point and I could be wrong.
It is really a personal choice and preference. What you can tolerate is individual to you.

If you can afford N I don't see any reason to do anything else. There have been many ways to try and lessen the impact of the taste. Those other things would be hurdles that you would have to try and overcome yourself.

Where did you get the information that SN carries a risk of brain damage if you fail? I have not seen this documented in academic literature.

In any case one should always do their best to ensure they won't be found prematurely. Changing your mind though is another thing.
I've edited that out. Thank you.

Regarding N, I can technically afford it by dipping into savings, but that would mean less money to leave to my family who have taken on a significant financial burden to support my treatment. So it's still a barrier.

N

NeetAccount1

Jul 2, 2020
If you're saved from SN right before you would have died there could be brain damage. There isn't a perfect method unfortunately, except for like combining poison with other methods. Or I guess going out into a forest and SN.

I think I'm still going to go with SN by itself though

Reactions: _Minsk, woundedwarrier and symphony
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022

If you're saved from SN right before you would have died there could be brain damage. There isn't a perfect method unfortunately, except for like combining poison with other methods. Or I guess going out into a forest and SN.

I think I'm still going to go with SN by itself though
I guess I'll clarify that I'm not too concerned about being found. Of course there's always a small chance but I should reasonably be able to feel safe having at least 12 hours.