T

TangentiallyAlive

Jul 3, 2024
I'm trying to order from DMC but I am not in direct control of my bank account. I'm afraid that I will send the money and then the bank will flag it as fraud, call the one that controls my account, and then theyll start interrogating me. Because of this, I used cash to buy a visa gift card which I assumed would work, but it keeps getting declined (presumably because they only work in the US). Is there any way that I can do it with the gift card? or any way to avoid it getting flagged as fraud?

Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
I know exactly what you are going through, I tried to same thing, bought a visa gift card so my purchase history of SN wouldn't be on my debit card files and it wouldn't work out of the country I was sooo frustrated! I hope you can find a way I ended up using my debit card anyways but I didn't get any flags thankfully.

T

TangentiallyAlive

Jul 3, 2024
I know exactly what you are going through, I tried to same thing, bought a visa gift card so my purchase history of SN wouldn't be on my debit card files and it wouldn't work out of the country I was sooo frustrated! I hope you can find a way I ended up using my debit card anyways but I didn't get any flags thankfully.
had you ever used the payment method you used in the past? That's the main reason i feel like its gonna get flagged, its a relatively high amount on a service I've never used before

Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
I have used it out of my country a couple times, I didn't get any notification or contact from my bank though. When I purchased my SN the site said it was located in China I believe but they shipped it from Canada so I guess that could have been an advantage. I also have my own bank account so I can completely understand your concern. I think the best thing to do is maybe some research here or somewhere else to see if anyone had any difficulties purchasing where you are considering to order from and then go from there. Have you ordered from out of the country before or is the amount really high where they might be alerted for a purchase higher than normal? I think there are temporary debit cards you can buy online that can purchase out of the country but you may have to buy a subscription or something. I tried looking into it myself but it seemed like it had much more extra steps than I was willing to go. I definitely think it's very smart approaching it with caution, I wish I had more info to offer, I wish you luck on everything.

T

TangentiallyAlive

Jul 3, 2024
I have used it out of my country a couple times, I didn't get any notification or contact from my bank though. When I purchased my SN the site said it was located in China I believe but they shipped it from Canada so I guess that could have been an advantage. I also have my own bank account so I can completely understand your concern. I think the best thing to do is maybe some research here or somewhere else to see if anyone had any difficulties purchasing where you are considering to order from and then go from there. Have you ordered from out of the country before or is the amount really high where they might be alerted for a purchase higher than normal? I think there are temporary debit cards you can buy online that can purchase out of the country but you may have to buy a subscription or something. I tried looking into it myself but it seemed like it had much more extra steps than I was willing to go. I definitely think it's very smart approaching it with caution, I wish I had more info to offer, I wish you luck on everything.
I've never used it outside of the country - I really don't order much stuff online. The only thing I can remember is that I ordered some aquarium test strips and 3ml droppers on Amazon to test my SN before I use it, but I used an amazon gift card for that so it wouldnt appear on my debit card.

Since the gift card isnt gonna work, I managed to get my contact information changed to my phone number and email, so my bank should contact me if they suspect fraud is going on, but I'm not 100% sure if they will. I think I'll give it a day and try to purchase it tomorrow night. Thanks for the info!

D

DOHARDTHINGS24

Student
Apr 30, 2024
Hey
I didn't read all of the above, sorry, so if this isn't helpful, please disregard. I'm just in a really, really big hurry but wanted to help if I could.
If paysend is an option in your country, maybe try that. I put the app on my iPhone. It was easy & came up on my bank statement just as Paysend London (I'm in another country…). Also, maybe just reach out to DMC & ask for the best or most discreet option. They talked me through every step, couldn't have been more helpful.
Apologies if not helpful because didn't read the above….
Please no requests for source.
Best of luck.

N

nibbleone

Oct 14, 2023
Can anyone share the source for DMC?

Reactions: targetdemographic
waiting93

waiting93

May 25, 2023
Hey
I didn't read all of the above, sorry, so if this isn't helpful, please disregard. I'm just in a really, really big hurry but wanted to help if I could.
If paysend is an option in your country, maybe try that. I put the app on my iPhone. It was easy & came up on my bank statement just as Paysend London (I'm in another country…). Also, maybe just reach out to DMC & ask for the best or most discreet option. They talked me through every step, couldn't have been more helpful.
Apologies if not helpful because didn't read the above….
Please no requests for source.
Best of luck.
How did they make it more discreet ? What did they suggest ?

D

DOHARDTHINGS24

Student
Apr 30, 2024
How did they make it more discreet ? What did they suggest ?
The payment showed as Paysend London on the bank statement. The packaging said it was something else. Nothing descriptive on bank, nothing chemical related on packaging.
If mine had been intercepted by anyone in my household, it's unlikely they would've had any ideas of it being suspicious, other than the foreign stamps. Same if they looked at my bank statement. Good luck.
The payment showed as Paysend London on the bank statement. The packaging said it was something else. Nothing descriptive on bank, nothing chemical related on packaging.
If mine had been intercepted by anyone in my household, it's unlikely they would've had any ideas of it being suspicious, other than the foreign stamps. Same if they looked at my bank statement. Good luck.
And again, I'm very sorry, but please no requests for source.

And again, I'm very sorry, but please no requests for source.
Oops. Sorry. That last bit about requesting source wasn't aimed at you specifically, just in general. I am very shit at this, sorry.

Last edited: