OneMoreDude

OneMoreDude

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,people
I want to hang myself using long-drop hanging
I've been struggling over 2 weeks to make myself go out to place where I will end up.
Not sure it is fear of death(i know i must do it) or i am just afraid of failure,so i deeply hope some of you can help make me sure my math and preparations is done properly
I am 125 ibs,1.7 meters tall,i bought 5 meters neylon rope of 10 mm thickness(i am mostly afraid that 10mm isn't enough,what can you say?)
I use hangman's knot with 8-9 loops and there is approximately 2.7 meters of slack of the rope when it is tied to the support
I want to tie rope at the point of my feet to add extra height of drop and then jump.What can it result in?Will i be decapitated dropping from that height or just add extra force to my neck to have more chances of immediately losing conciousness?Or may it make more sense to put additional weight into my bag behind the back? cuz i think there is still great chances with my weight not to break the neck properly even with 2.7 meters of drop.
When i look at the noose i think it isn't that massive so that it breaks my neck(pic below).Will it work?
And should I soap the rope,won't it tighten without lubricating?
Please,give me advice about preparation,is all i need to succesfully hang myself prepared or something needs changes?
Thank you in advance...
P90730 0334361

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni and Hennessy
M

Mindopali

Jun 30, 2019
Considering the lost all hope website, I'd say at the very least you'll have a fully broken neck, going towards decapitation. So the dead part should be okay, no need for more weight on the feet.
Litteraute would go for a thicker rope, but that's not the important part, much more should you check the weight limit of the rope. Again according to lost all hope, it's 1000lbs to be on the safe side (especially in your case, you're not heavy, so it'll be okay).

For the rest, you seem pretty well set.

A

arelia

Tired
Aug 18, 2019
Hello,people
I want to hang myself using long-drop hanging
I've been struggling over 2 weeks to make myself go out to place where I will end up.
Not sure it is fear of death(i know i must do it) or i am just afraid of failure,so i deeply hope some of you can help make me sure my math and preparations is done properly
I am 125 ibs,1.7 meters tall,i bought 5 meters neylon rope of 10 mm thickness(i am mostly afraid that 10mm isn't enough,what can you say?)
I use hangman's knot with 8-9 loops and there is approximately 2.7 meters of slack of the rope when it is tied to the support
I want to tie rope at the point of my feet to add extra height of drop and then jump.What can it result in?Will i be decapitated dropping from that height or just add extra force to my neck to have more chances of immediately losing conciousness?Or may it make more sense to put additional weight into my bag behind the back? cuz i think there is still great chances with my weight not to break the neck properly even with 2.7 meters of drop.
When i look at the noose i think it isn't that massive so that it breaks my neck(pic below).Will it work?
And should I soap the rope,won't it tighten without lubricating?
Please,give me advice about preparation,is all i need to succesfully hang myself prepared or something needs changes?
Thank you in advance...
View attachment 14232

I don't know if this helps at all but here's an autopsy report (with pics) that might help.
https://link.springer(dot)com/article/10.1186/s41935-018-0062-x
also, if you want to do the calcs properly, go looking for the home office table for drops from back in the days when the UK had capital punishment. If you can find any excerpts from the book the last uk hangman wrote (pierrpont I think his name was) I seem to remember him adding a bit more info for the calcs to get it right.

From memory, if you get the drop wrong you'll either decapitate yourself or may end up not breaking your neck and having a far more painful end than you wanted.

Reactions: woxihuanni