R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Those of you guys who has seen videos of hanging or have researched do you make enough noise to wake the people asleep in the next room? I will have my room to myself which I can lock from the inside but my family will be asleep in the next room.

H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
If set up properly, full suspension is probably less noisy (and more reliable). But maybe your place is not suitable for that?

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: psp3000 and rozeske
Upvote 1
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
If set up properly, full suspension is probably less noisy (and more reliable). But maybe your place is not suitable for that?
You're right, would've been the better choice but nothing in my house has a suitable anchor

Upvote 0
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
If you're doing it from the doorframe then you're gonna be knocking against a door during the convulsions, so yes it'll be heard quite a lot. If it's against a wall then it'll depend on how thick the wall is I guess. These are things only you can test and even then you'll never be totally certain.
Ya I was planning to use my door Knob which is half glass and half steel, u might be right it would be noisy. I guess I am back to my Wooden Cloth Cupboard

Upvote 0
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Please report back if you can't get this method to work, unfortunately I failed this morning ☹️, I'll post my own thread giving a bit more detail later.
I definitely will! am sorry you failed I can understand the frustration. Would love to read your details

Upvote 0
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Upvote 0
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Yes it's noisy.

Is it possible it won't be? Sure, but you should probably account for sound anyways. Unless you are jumping, using a gun, or anything fairly instantaneous, prepare to make a ton of noise.

Even if you think it's going to be fairly silent, treat it like it's 100% going to be noisy and prepare for that. If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske
Upvote 0
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Yes it's noisy.

Is it possible it won't be? Sure, but you should probably account for sound anyways. Unless you are jumping, using a gun, or anything fairly instantaneous, prepare to make a ton of noise.

Even if you think it's going to be fairly silent, treat it like it's 100% going to be noisy and prepare for that. If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Thank you, I will consider that.

Upvote 0
tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
when i hung myseld it was pretty noisy. grated that was full suspension and in a closet so i was knocking on all sorts of stuff. your body is likely to shake so just account for if there are things around you that you will hit when that happens

• Hugs
Upvote 0
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Please don't do this when you have someone at home! It can really be noisy! I've seen some videos. Someone twitched for just a couple of seconds, someone twitched longer. People were unconscious at that moment, but all of them in an unconscious state made loud grunts in their throats. Again, someone made these sounds for a couple of seconds, and someone for about 2 minutes. But it's really noisy, even if you don't feel anything at that moment.

• Hugs
Upvote 0
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
when i hung myseld it was pretty noisy. grated that was full suspension and in a closet so i was knocking on all sorts of stuff. your body is likely to shake so just account for if there are things around you that you will hit when that happens
Thanks I will
Please don't do this when you have someone at home! It can really be noisy! I've seen some videos. Someone twitched for just a couple of seconds, someone twitched longer. People were unconscious at that moment, but all of them in an unconscious state made loud grunts in their throats. Again, someone made these sounds for a couple of seconds, and someone for about 2 minutes. But it's really noisy, even if you don't feel anything at that moment.
Thank you, I will consider that

Upvote 0
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I forgot to add that a locked bedroom door can obviously be kicked down and being interrupted whilst your unconscious holds a much higher chance of brain damage. I admire the courage for being willing to do it knowing that other people might hear but I agree with the others that this is best avoided.
I don't really have any other choice I would have prefered to use a different location if I could, but am looking for time window where people wouldn't be around to hear plus the convulsions in most videos and researchs last only a couple minutes if not seconds so I would only need a short window of time for that........I don't know maybe like people have said I have gone totally crazy

Upvote 0