rodie9k

rodie9k

Jan 5, 2022
Today I tried killing myself with the equivalent of 3.2 grams of diphenhydramine.

Everything went according to plan. I bought the drugs. Then left my room with only the drugs, a notebook, two pens, and enough money for a one-way taxi to nearby wilderness.

Didn't take my phone to avoid calling emergency. Didn't take additional money. Went somewhere secluded so I couldn't reach help. I had ensured nobody could save me.

after getting there, I found a couple dogs and played with them. I asked them if I should I do it and they didn't seem to say no. I traveled a bit and found a rock to sit on.

I started swallowing the benadryl. did exactly two thirds in (around 2 grams). then my stomach got upset and I puked. diphenhydramine treats nausea yet it caused nausea. I was bummed.

last week was one of the happiest I had ever been, because there was a way out of the misery. now I don't know. I feel mentally cornered by the rating.

everyone else is happy, and I'm cursed to be miserable and alive. is there any other way to die? one that works and kills without causing a scheme

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: actual_fox, Wasabi, dirtnap and 5 others
Fktw0rld

Fktw0rld

An end with suffering > Suffering without an end
Aug 29, 2022
Well, you didn't fail. Diphenhydramine just isn't an effective method. Take your time and do some more research. Engage with others on the forums. You'll learn alot and solidify a chosen method that's effective.

Reactions: Wasabi, Euthanza, Hope:-) and 1 other person
P

paleperson

Sep 5, 2022
Benadryl can be used recreationally to get high from. More around 500mg-1000mg. It can cause hallucinations and euphoria. But it is also known to have strong side effects like rapid heart beat, blurred vision and seizures. When I used Benadryl I would use around 1-2 g daily. I had above side effects. While they are bad side effects I took that much benadryl daily for months and never came close to death at all. I am on a few dph subreddits and many people take high amounts with no fatal consequences. I have seen the occasional news report about a teen who happens to die from a benadryl od but I would say the odds are not in your favor at all. Maybe stick to a low dose and see if you can get high long as you already have some.

Reactions: Euthanza and jodes2
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you had this experience. It must had been really awful. I guess that with methods all that anyone can do, is do research to reduce the chance of something going wrong. I wish you relief from your suffering.

Reactions: jodes2
👁

👁️👃👁️

Enlightened
Aug 14, 2022
Eadryl can be used recreationally to get high from. More around 500mg-1000mg. It can cause hallucinations and euphoria. But it is also known to have strong side effects like rapid heart beat, blurred vision and seizures. When I used Benadryl I would use around 1-2 g daily. I had above side effects. While they are bad side effects I took that much benadryl daily for months and never came close to death at all. I am on a few dph subreddits and many people take high amounts with no fatal consequences. I have seen the occasional news report about a teen who happens to die from a benadryl od but I would say the odds are not in your favor at all. Maybe stick to a low dose and see if you can get high long as you already have some.
Euphoria??? You get euphoria from being delirious and seeing spiders everywhere and people that aren't there?

Sorry op. That sounds terrible. Sorry you're going through this.

thebunny

thebunny

be what they fear.
Aug 19, 2022
i'm sorry to hear that you went through such a thing. failures can be really demotivating. as far as i know, there's a very little chance of actually dying from a benadryl overdose. i do hope you'd find the peace you've been wanting. wishing you the best of luck on finding your next best method.

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I'm sorry you went through that. Have you considered SN?

Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
From what I could gather from about 2 minutes of google searching diphenhydramine, what you did was like bringing a glass of water into the forest, pouring it over your head and expecting to drown.

• Informative
  • Yay!
Reactions: Hollowillow, outrider567, hush hush and 1 other person
H

Hope:-)

Enlightened
Jul 3, 2022
In fairness, I failed too. Got everything I needed other than benzos and was walking around like a condemned woman who ended up not even checking into the hotel.. Realised that I am not someone who can do this without being out of it on benzos, I'm being philosophical about it. These things need refining.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. I know my failure made me feel like I was stuck here and that is not a good feeling, but I'm realising that I'm not. | just need to amend things and keep the faith xx

Reactions: paleperson
rodie9k

rodie9k

Jan 5, 2022
hi everyone thanks for the replies

I've understood diphenhydramine is stupid and wouldn't have worked even if I had taken all of it (some googling suggested 40mg/kg is fatal but looks like that's wrong).

Have you considered SN?
that's sodium nitrite? I had read about it, but where I live there's no way to purchase any with cash so I went with diphenhydramine. anyway seems like I'll have to risk buying this online hoping I don't get caught

thanks everyone for the suggestions I'll try to get my hands on some SN

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
If you are in the USA, you can go to science supply houses online and order.
The place I ordered from did have a small questions form, I checked I needed the sn
for a home science project. Got it about 4 or 5 days later! :)

Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
Today I tried killing myself with the equivalent of 3.2 grams of diphenhydramine.

Everything went according to plan. I bought the drugs. Then left my room with only the drugs, a notebook, two pens, and enough money for a one-way taxi to nearby wilderness.

Didn't take my phone to avoid calling emergency. Didn't take additional money. Went somewhere secluded so I couldn't reach help. I had ensured nobody could save me.

after getting there, I found a couple dogs and played with them. I asked them if I should I do it and they didn't seem to say no. I traveled a bit and found a rock to sit on.

I started swallowing the benadryl. did exactly two thirds in (around 2 grams). then my stomach got upset and I puked. diphenhydramine treats nausea yet it caused nausea. I was bummed.

last week was one of the happiest I had ever been, because there was a way out of the misery. now I don't know. I feel mentally cornered by the rating.

everyone else is happy, and I'm cursed to be miserable and alive. is there any other way to die? one that works and kills without causing a scheme
Practice makes perfect? Many drugs cause what they're supposed to cure... I hate medicine
Wait you didn't try sn with that? Drugs are the most unlikely to kill you quick. They kill slowly

actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Oh man, failing to ctb really sucks. It may feel worse then before the attempt, that is how I felt It.