inneedrelief

inneedrelief

Student
Jan 15, 2024
Okay, so I poured the hydrogen thing in bowl and just that alone was hard to breathe in, it was really strong. I didn't pour the lime sulfur in with it though. I drained out the hydrogen because It was hard to breathe in...is this supposed to happen? Anyways. I need help with where I can do it. It's too cold outside to use a tent.. and I don't have a car. Ofc with this method you have to use warning signs Incase of killing someone else...need advice

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Okay, so I poured the hydrogen thing in bowl and just that alone was hard to breathe in, it was really strong.
I presume, you're talking about concentrated hydrochloric acid. It's volatile and its fumes (consisting of hydrogen chloride) are highly corrosive. The volatility can be reduced by diluting the acid with water, but it will emit some amount of irritating fumes anyway. I'd rather use dilute H2SO4 (battery acid) instead of HCl, since sulfuric acid isn't volatile.
I need help with where I can do it.
Collecting H2S in a plastic bag, putting the bag over the head and sealing it around the neck with a stretchable tape (electrical insulation tape) looks like the best option, because this method lets you achieve a lethal concentration with minimal amount of H2S and poisoning would be supplemented by a mechanical barrier for O2.
Ofc with this method you have to use warning signs Incase of killing someone else...need advice
A warning should include text like "VERY POISONOUS GAS, DON'T INHALE!"

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Okay, so I poured the hydrogen thing in bowl and just that alone was hard to breathe in, it was really strong. I didn't pour the lime sulfur in with it though. I drained out the hydrogen because It was hard to breathe in...is this supposed to happen? Anyways. I need help with where I can do it. It's too cold outside to use a tent.. and I don't have a car. Ofc with this method you have to use warning signs Incase of killing someone else...need advice

This was never my method of choice so forgive my ignorance, but I tried to find some sources on the subject:

inneedrelief

inneedrelief

Student
Jan 15, 2024
I presume, you're talking about concentrated hydrochloric acid. It's volatile and its fumes (consisting of hydrogen chloride) are highly corrosive. The volatility can be reduced by diluting the acid with water, but it will emit some amount of irritating fumes anyway. I'd rather use dilute H2SO4 (battery acid) instead of HCl, since sulfuric acid isn't volatile.

Collecting H2S in a plastic bag, putting the bag over the head and sealing it around the neck with a stretchable tape (electrical insulation tape) looks like the best option, because this method lets you achieve a lethal concentration with minimal amount of H2S and poisoning would be supplemented by a mechanical barrier for O2.

A warning should include text like "VERY POISONOUS GAS, DON'T INHALE!"
Collecting the h2s in the plastic bag- you mean pour it into it then drain it out and use the smell that will be left in it? And thank you for your response appreciate it

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Collecting the h2s in the plastic bag- you mean pour it into it then drain it out and use the smell that will be left in it? And thank you for your response appreciate it
I mean mixing the reagents in a transparent glass bottle and putting the prepared bag over the bottle's neck similarly to the balloon on this video. You can use an insulation tape for making a tight contact of the bag with the bottle.

After filling the bag with nearly 2 L of H2S it can be detached from the bottle, placed over the head (while holding breath and having the eyes closed, unless you use protective goggles), sealed around the neck, and then H2S can be inhaled from the bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: inneedrelief
inneedrelief

inneedrelief

Student
Jan 15, 2024
Thank you. Do you think the irritation to the eyes comes from inhaling it or the gas getting in contact with the eyes

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Thank you. Do you think the irritation to the eyes comes from inhaling it or the gas getting in contact with the eyes
Direct contact. H2S is slightly soluble in water, and the solution acts as a weak acid after dissociation to H+ and HS- ions.