E

Empty gas can

May 3, 2021
Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a couple weeks and I thought I should introduce myself and write a bit as to why I'm here. I'm 39, M, living in eastern Canada. I've been struggling with mental and physical health issues most of my life. Having an abusive father and being heavily bullied at school didn't help, but I'm getting tired of trying to figure out why I'm so fucked up. Still, I kept busy and sinverelt tried to get better until I finally made my first serious attempt to ctb at age 26, overdosing on several meds. Almost died on my hospital bed, but my girflfriend at the time figured things out pretty fast and called the ambulance.

Things started to get better in my early 30s. Things were pretty amazing until my health worsened when I was 32. Generalized reactived arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's disease... My immune system got out of control and made my life hell. I think it's ironic that my own body is killing me after wanting to die for so long.

It's been downhill since. Then I have practically no friends. I sleep all the time. Everything hurts. I have to follow an extremely restrictive diet to control my condition. I'm depressed, tired, sad, scarred, angry, suicidal. I fail at everything I attempt to achieve. I feel useless, inferior and alone. While I did manage to find a good job and partner, I'm constantly scared of losing it all. All of this is not easy to deal with for her and I can barely do my job anymore. My doctors don't give a shit about me, like the rest of the world, it seems, maybe it's time I stop giving a shit too.

The only reason I have to keep fighting is my partner. I honestly don't know how long I'll manage to hold out.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Pookie, Heartaches, Joarga and 10 others
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Then I have practically no friends. I sleep all the time. Everything hurts.

I'm depressed, tired, sad, scarred, angry, suicidal. I fail at everything I attempt to achieve. I feel useless, inferior and alone.
Is the same for me...you are not alone!Well M welcome...i'm sorry for what you are going throught...it's really hard!we are all in the same boat here,at least i hope you will fell some comfort from this :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Empty gas can
E

Empty gas can

May 3, 2021
Is the same for me...you are not alone!Well M welcome...i'm sorry for what you are going throught...it's really hard!we are all in the same boat here,at least i hope you will fell some comfort from this :)
Hi S, thanks for the kind words. It does feel good to finally be able to say I have nothing left to live for without being told to see a doctor, that's it's all in my head or making people call the police in a panic.

S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Hi S, thanks for the kind words. It does feel good to finally be able to say I have nothing left to live for without being told to see a doctor, that's it's all in my head or making people call the police in a panic.
Yeah,i know:) this is the greatness of this forum. luckily it exists and I found it. Here you can write about your feelings and problems without being judged, indeed you will find many people who feel the same things as you do and may even give you a little help.You will not feel alone but supported ... at least I hope so :)

• Love
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Life can certainly be cruel to us and can make us suffer in ways we do not deserve. The body can be a prison once we get physical health problems. Life literally is like a battle you cannot win and it really is hard to leave this world. I wish you the best on this forum.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Dead Meat and Empty gas can
E

Empty gas can

May 3, 2021
The body can be a prison once we get physical health problems.
This right there, is exactly how I feel about my body. I hate it with every bit of my soul, especially considering all the effort I spend to take care of it. It's also a special kind of fucked up that we live in an age with the highest prevalence of mental illnesses, but that it became so hard to escape through death. Everything is so safe nowadays. Thank you for the warm welcome!

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and FuneralCry
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Hey, welcome to SS! Nice to meet you!

Sorry you're going through all that. Life can really suck.

Anyway, feel free to pm me if you need to talk!

Hugs and love,

Matt

L

Lost21

Student
Sep 24, 2018
As a fellow Canuck let me extend a warm welcome to SS

E

Empty gas can

May 3, 2021
Hey, welcome to SS! Nice to meet you!

Sorry you're going through all that. Life can really suck.

Anyway, feel free to pm me if you need to talk!

Hugs and love,

Matt
Hi Matt, I appreciate the offer, I may take you up on it someday =) Gotta say that up till now, this forum is worth 10 times the therapy groups I tried in the past. No taboos here.
As a fellow Canuck let me extend a warm welcome to SS
Hi Lost, thanks! Looking forward to discuss.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: S like suicide and WornOutLife