StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
Hello, I'm new, I hope I'm posting in the right place I couldn't see a hello thread or introduction thread.

Hope to get to know you all, am having a hard time like all of you, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: epic, Deleted member 1465, Deleted member 19654 and 7 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Hi love, welcome to the forum. Sorry that life has brought you here and that you're having a hard time. I hope you find what you're looking for here. It's a good community ❤️

You can introduce yourself in this thread if you want to. https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/introduce-yourself.3952/

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, voyager, Mm80 and 3 others
Astronomer

Astronomer

GIF Geek
Oct 6, 2020
Hi & welcome to the forum, you have just introduced yourself to a great bunch of people who do care :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, XYZ and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Welcome to SS! :hug:

Reactions: Ghost2211 and XYZ
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Welcome @StuFin I hope this forum will be as good to you as it's been to me.

• Love
Reactions: Mm80 and Ghost2211
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
Thank you all, glad (kind of) to be here. For the great company, yes, for the crappy hand life has dealt me, no. Well to be fair - I dealt this hand to myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you. I hope you find what you're looking for here.

Astronomer

Astronomer

GIF Geek
Oct 6, 2020
Hi love, welcome to the forum. Sorry that life has brought you here and that you're having a hard time. I hope you find what you're looking for here. It's a good community ❤

You can introduce yourself in this thread if you want to. https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/introduce-yourself.3952/
You're new profile picture reminds me of a mentally distressed version of Pac Man :pfff:

l3K.gif

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Mm80, BPD Barbie and 1 other person
XYZ

XYZ

Jul 22, 2020
Hi & welcome to the forum, you have just introduced yourself to a great bunch of people who do care :hug:

At the risk of sounding cynical, I don't find the word "care" suitable here.

I think long time users who form relationships do care for each other as they bond and get to know each other over a longer period of time.

But, generally speaking, I doubt people "care" for strangers they never met and don't know anything about.

(I hope my point of view does not offend you. It's not at all my intention.)

KClown

KClown

Oct 20, 2020
Yo. Make yourself home. From my observations so far people here seem to be more human than anywhere on the web.

Reactions: marcusuk63 and Ghost2211
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
Yo. Make yourself home. From my observations so far people here seem to be more human than anywhere on the web.
Thank you, that's reassuring to know.

• Hugs
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019

I think long time users who form relationships do care for each other as they bond and get to know each other over a longer period of time.

But, generally speaking, I doubt people "care" for strangers they never met and don't know anything about.

I care about you xyz . I used to light a little tea light candle for you every night, before my disability money was stopped and i couldnt afford it any more.
Welcome stufin. I hope you fund some comfort and freedom to express yourself here and im sure you will.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Deleted member 19654, Deleted member 1465 and 2 others
XYZ

XYZ

Jul 22, 2020
I care about you xyz . I used to light a little tea light candle for you every night, before my disability money was stopped and i coukdnt afford it.
Welcome stufin. I hope you fund some comfort and freedom to express yourself here and im sure you will.

I kiss your imaginary photo ever night before I say Our Father (you know that one with you in those shorts and those endless hairy legs...:pfff:)

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19654, Deleted member 1465, Mm80 and 1 other person
Astronomer

Astronomer

GIF Geek
Oct 6, 2020

How fucking dare...

Just playing, yes i somewhat agree with you, i guess in the 'care' terms i should have explained better, in case i say that to a different new member and he/she thinks they has 500 new friends and loves life. I think i meant it in the terms of, majority of members here do have time for members questions, saying goodbyes, etc etc, may be just better to say, people who care.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Mm80, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I kiss your imaginary photo ever night before I say Our Father (you know that one with you in those shorts and those endless hairy legs...:pfff:)
This one ...

Attachments

• a19ae343-492a-4e9e-90e3-6b681acddede-data.jpg
    a19ae343-492a-4e9e-90e3-6b681acddede-data.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 6
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: TriggerHappy, Deleted member 1465, marcusuk63 and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020

It is true over time I connect more with people I talk with more, and "care" more, but such is human nature. I have the same empathy for new and old members, and empathy Is a form of caring. We feel greater loss when those we have spoken to more go away, but every new member is a potential new friend.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and XYZ
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
Hi, What makes you come here ?

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
It is true over time I connect more with people I talk with more, and "care" more, but such is human nature. I have the same empathy for new and old members, and empathy Is a form of caring. We feel greater loss when those we have spoken to more go away, but every new member is a potential new friend.
Im still your no 1 though right rosie? Like you said?

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ and Ghost2211
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19654, XYZ, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
XYZ

XYZ

Jul 22, 2020
and empathy Is a form of caring.

So true! I am too numbed to feel empathy, though.

Compassion, on the other hand, is something I still practise. I suspect most people here feel compassion, and not empathy.

Empathy is exhausting, in my opinion. It implies both trying to understand another person's pain, and feeling that pain.

Compassion, on the other hand, is keeping a healthy distance. Compassion is the ability to understand another living being, without internalizing their distress.

• Love
Reactions: Mm80, GoodPersonEffed, Deleted member 19654 and 1 other person