Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not a heavy drinker.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Depressed_Kettle

Depressed_Kettle

Experienced
Apr 25, 2021
Did it/does it help with your problems or make them worse?

What do you drink? Do you use mixer?

logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
It gives the impression that it helps at first - but it doesn't solve any problems.

In the long run it destroys your body and leads to more problems and in the worst case to addiction.

Reactions: Skathon
Bahbah Blacksheep

Bahbah Blacksheep

Dec 23, 2019
I'm assuming the measurments are for pure alcohol? Not sure, I drink beer mostly, but pretty much daily atm. Around 4-5 liters a day, that would be around 160mg of alcohol I guess. Not sure about ml. Edit: should be about 0,2l?

It does help keep the dark/negative thoughts at bay in the moment, but hangovers make them worse, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't help longterm. I'd rather use something else, like weed, benzos or opiates. Pretty much anything that helps me sleep. Alcohol has some of the worst sideeffects imo, but I only have access to alcohol right now.

Last edited:
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
I'm assuming the measurments are for pure alcohol? Not sure, I drink beer mostly, but pretty much daily atm. Around 4-5 liters a day, that would be around 160mg of alcohol I guess. Not sure about ml. Edit: should be about 0,2l?

It does help keep the dark/negative thoughts at bay in the moment, but hangovers make them worse, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't help longterm. I'd rather use something else, like weed, benzos or opiates. Pretty much anything that helps me sleep. Alcohol has some of the worst sideeffects imo, but I only have access to alcohol right now.

That is definitely critical in terms of quantity.

And you definitely won't have a restful sleep - you'll just be numb.

TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Back in 2020 I could drink a whole 500 ml brandy bottle in few hours. Vodka was too heavy for me back then so I drank less. Brandy was the choice for me. I got rid of the initial addiction in the summer same year and of course I lost alcohol tolerance. Now at my second addiction I mix brandy with liquor and vodka so I drink less overall, it takes me some days to empty all 3 bottles.

It does help me for a bit because it makes me numb and unaware of bs but these days I find it hard to numb myself which makes me go insane.

logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
Back in 2020 I could drink a whole 500 ml brandy bottle in few hours. Vodka was too heavy for me back then so I drank less. Brandy was the choice for me. I got rid of the initial addiction in the summer same year and of course I lost alcohol tolerance. Now at my second addiction I mix brandy with liquor and vodka so I drink less overall, it takes me some days to empty all 3 bottles.

It does help me for a bit because it makes me numb and unaware of bs but these days I find it hard to numb myself which makes me go insane.

You should be careful in any case - especially with high-proof alcohol, this can quickly lead to addiction.

If you stop for a few days, you will quickly notice if you already have a serious problem.

Bahbah Blacksheep

Bahbah Blacksheep

Dec 23, 2019
That is definitely critical in terms of quantity.

And you definitely won't have a restful sleep - you'll just be numb.
I know, it doesn't really make me feel that good either. Just numb and not full of anger and sadness. And my sleepschedule is fucked, I drink, then sleep for about 4 hours, drink some more until I can fall asleep again. I just started this drinking habbit a month ago after being in a psych ward for 6 weeks. There I was sober of course, apart from the meds they gave me, but I still felt like shit and didn't sleep well either. I just feel like I need something to knock me out at night, or I'll just be ruminating about shit for hours.

• Aww..
Reactions: logan
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
I know, it doesn't really make me feel that good either. Just numb and not full of anger and sadness. And my sleepschedule is fucked, I drink, then sleep for about 4 hours, drink some more until I can fall asleep again. I just started this drinking habbit a month ago after being in a psych ward for 6 weeks. There I was sober of course, apart from the meds they gave me, but I still felt like shit and didn't sleep well either. I just feel like I need something to knock me out at night, or I'll just be ruminating about shit for hours.

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't have a real solution either.
In any case, I would try to return to a normal day-night rhythm - even if it doesn't help immediately.

And at least try to avoid alcohol.
Otherwise you will have one more problem instead of solving one.