Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
It's 3am, I'm wide awake and thinking about my Plan. It will be August (if not before) and we're in the middle of a heat wave. A humid 32oC each day. I live alone and can go days between speaking to anyone. It could be more than a week before anyone finds me. That would be pretty bad, physically speaking. I live in an apartment building. I wasn't planning on sending emails or communicating with anyone leading up to it. (I'm afraid it will be delivered and I won't have succeeded and I don't want the attention or drama).

Should I care and, if so, what can I do to miminise the trauma, even a little?

• Hugs
Reactions: fluxis and Sinai Silence
InaccessibleHour

InaccessibleHour

Student
Sep 1, 2018
Off topic but I despise excessive heat, especially humid heat. So glad I live in Canada but in a place where it isn't boiling, I just recently moved from a place where it was slightly warmer in the summertime but not freezing in the winter either. That temp would be a joke in some places though, I can't imagine living somewhere THAT hot.

The only advice I can give regarding the actual topic is that I don't think you should care that much, but I mean it's your choice and your method. I don't know if you can be swayed at this point, but if you care about how your body looks upon death maybe pick a method that isn't gruesome and leaves the body in a peaceful state.
There's also software that can send delayed emails and the like, so what I'd recommend is once you're set on a method, pick a time and work out how long after you should be clinically dead by. Send your email half a day, day later etc. depending. Make sure to leave some time so that if you do fail you can cancel the delayed email. Also something worth noting is to pick something that has a feature to cancel the delayed sending of messages. I suppose it would be common sense to include something like that but I haven't used something like that myself even once so I'm not sure.

Reactions: Painless_end
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
I live in India and the heat is excruciatingly bad from March till July.

I have to work myself out of a rut because I just can't be depressive when it's hot outside. I only like to be depressive or sad when it's wet or cool outside.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 18655
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Thank you, fellow Canuck :smiling: I'm in the National Capital Region. I went from living in the desert in the Middle East (which I loved!) to living here where it's hot and sticky in the summer and bloody cold in winter!? Arghhh

I haven't looked into the emails yet. I'm glad to know you can cancel them! I don't want to send emails. The shock and panic upon reading it is something I want to avoid for them. I don't know how else I'd be found though (no job right now and no friends who would come by). My worry is my body being in the heat for days. Ew!

InaccessibleHour

InaccessibleHour

Student
Sep 1, 2018
Mm, guess you're more used to dry heat as opposed to the humidity of some Canadian places.
Maybe try a method where you're inside in a cool place, maybe have an AC on or something if you have one

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Mm, guess you're more used to dry heat as opposed to the humidity of some Canadian places.
Maybe try a method where you're inside in a cool place, maybe have an AC on or something if you have one
Yeah, for me a dry heat (and a dry cold) are much easier to take. I'll take a desert winter night over my eyelashes freezing anyday! :eh:

I do have an A/C. I could turn my apartment into a large cooler. Good idea. Thx!

InaccessibleHour

InaccessibleHour

Student
Sep 1, 2018
No prob :)
And yikes did you actually have your eyelashes freeze once? Or just metaphorically speaking?

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I live in India and the heat is excruciatingly bad from March till July.

I have to work myself out of a rut because I just can't be depressive when it's hot outside. I only like to be depressive or sad when it's wet or cool outside.
I'm afraid to go to India! :smiling: I know that I would fall in love with the culture and never want to leave. That's what happened when I was in the Middle East. The country I was in got into my soul and I miss it terribly. I've always wanted to live/work in India. I know I would love it!
No prob :)
And yikes did you actually have your eyelashes freeze once? Or just metaphorically speaking?
Oh no, your eyelashes freeze, as do the hairs in your nose. It's dreadful! I now have a down-filled parka and boots with pop-up cleats on them for walking over slippery surfaces. I haben't found gloves that protect my fingers from frostbite yet. ;-; I had to buy so many clothes when I moved back here because I had basically been living in a one or two season climate.

Last edited:
InaccessibleHour

InaccessibleHour

Student
Sep 1, 2018
Well then, can't say I've experienced that myself, or if I have I haven't noticed it. Despite last winter being absolutely brutal before I moved with normal non-wind chill values below -45C and the wind chill being -55C. To be fair I didn't go out in it although I think once or twice maybe because we had to keep going out because people were visiting our home to take a look at it before we sold it.
The last two winters have been pretty bad. So I'm very glad I've moved to a place where it's usually above freezing.

Reactions: Painless_end
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I'm guessing you're either in Halifax or Victoria. (Don''t bother disclosing. I'm just guessing).

One winter I came from 25oC to -36oC. It was a shock!

InaccessibleHour

InaccessibleHour

Student
Sep 1, 2018
I don't live in either of those places, but I am much closer to Victoria and live on the blessed coast :)
Geez that sounds crazy!

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 18655