walt

walt

Mar 15, 2022
As the title suggests, I just got my heart broken. Someone I'm close with admitted to having feelings for me and my other friend.

A lot of time has passed since then, and today they said they chose my friend over me. I was really upset because we had been so close, and they stressed the importance of my feelings towards them, I never even knew they were together. I was really upset, anxious, and the more they kept talking the more it kept getting worse. They said I wasn't a good fit for them, but I could still be their friend. I told them over and over that my feelings won't go away and I just want to leave them be.

My head was hurting so much and I felt horrible. I realized, I guess, that I made too many mistakes, and their feelings towards me slipped away because of how I behaved. In the end, I think it was best for me to cut contact. Both of these people kind of felt manipulative-y at times, and I don't know, maybe I'm just mistaken or misunderstanding. The person who liked me was a really bad influence because they were super negative, they did a lot of drugs, but I really liked their sweet side.

All that aside I just need to find ways to cope and fill the gap of losing two people I really cared about, and one person who I thought really loved me. Any suggestions or stuff is fine.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: looseye, Alayna, WhatPowerIs and 3 others
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
While the initial pain can be high, over time it fades. You might even come to consider that to be unattached to someone who cultivates multiple relationships is not so bad.

It can sometimes be helpful to reflect on what you might have observed that would have told you about this character defect so that it can be avoided in others in the future.

• Love
Reactions: looseye and walt
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Sorry for what you're going through 🤗

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: walt and WhatPowerIs
walt

walt

Mar 15, 2022
While the initial pain can be high, over time it fades. You might even come to consider that to be unattached to someone who cultivates multiple relationships is not so bad.

It can sometimes be helpful to reflect on what you might have observed that would have told you about this character defect so that it can be avoided in others in the future.
Yeah, that's pretty fair tbh. I'm trying my best to understand it like that.

looseye

looseye

A boring person.
Oct 27, 2021
It took me more than 3 years to get over a heartbreak similar to yours and no coping mechanism really worked. A broken heart feels horrible and can last a stupidly long time. I'm sorry for what happened to you, it must've put you in a miserable dark place. Hopefully you can somehow find an effective source of distraction until the pain fades away <3 Don't let this mess you up for years