• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I have my fan on and it's creating this kind of white noise and I keep hearing music/melodies even though the whole apartment is asleep and I'm in my bed and everything is off. I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or what's going on. It's piano mixed with trumpets like this carousel party music. I'm scared, this has never happened to me

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence, Brink, ERASED and 2 others
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I wouldn't think you should panic. If I were you, I would enjoy the experience and escape in the music for a while. It's probably nothing more than your ears ringing and the fan stirring up natural sound waves in the air.

Are you over-tired at all?

:hug:

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide and Nymph
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I have my fan on and it's creating this kind of white noise and I keep hearing music/melodies even though the whole apartment is asleep and I'm in my bed and everything is off. I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or what's going on. It's piano mixed with trumpets like this carousel party music. I'm scared, this has never happened to me
Do you feel sleepy?
Have you recently woken up?
I've experienced that kind of thing, usually when falling asleep or when I'm in a daze and there is some white noise in the background.
Probably nothing to worry about, it's just the mind playing tricks.

Reactions: Deleted member 18655
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
Sometimes if I'm in a quiet enough place, I hear really soft music in the background or people speaking in the next room, like a radio or something. I was like "oh my god as if I don't already have enough problems" and assumed I was falling into psychosis, but no, it's tinnitus!

I obviously have no idea if this is the case for you too and keep an eye on it if you're concerned, but if the noise doesn't progress (i.e.: music gets loud enough that you can't hear real things, music starts telling you to do things) then it's probably nothing to worry about.

It was super alarming to me too :hug: I'm really glad you were able to reach out here about something this scary :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink, Deleted member 18655 and 134340

Student
Aug 23, 2019
I came to say exactly what @nnnerve touched on. I took a massive aspirin overdose 7 years ago and have permanent tinnitus from that. When I was about 16, I started hearing whispers and music and assumed I was developing psychosis on top of everything else, but one of the few psychiatrists I've ever had who knew what they were talking about told me it was likely from the tinnitus. She was correct - I didn't have any other psychotic symptoms besides the auditory hallucinations, and they're worse when the tinnitus is worse.

Obviously I don't know for sure that this is the case for you, and you should absolutely seek help if you feel you need to, but this might explain it and take some of your worry away. I hope you're able to get some rest soon :heart:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nymph, Brink and Deleted member 18655
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I wouldn't think you should panic. If I were you, I would enjoy the experience and escape in the music for a while. It's probably nothing more than your ears ringing and the fan stirring up natural sound waves in the air.

Are you over-tired at all?

:hug:
I see, i wasn't super tired. It isn't the first time it happened , sometimes I hear ringing sounds but I never heard actual music
Did you consume anything unusual?
I drank kratom
Do you feel sleepy?
Have you recently woken up?
I've experienced that kind of thing, usually when falling asleep or when I'm in a daze and there is some white noise in the background.
Probably nothing to worry about, it's just the mind playing tricks.
It was before I was gonna sleep but I was still on my phone and stuff
Sometimes if I'm in a quiet enough place, I hear really soft music in the background or people speaking in the next room, like a radio or something. I was like "oh my god as if I don't already have enough problems" and assumed I was falling into psychosis, but no, it's tinnitus!

I obviously have no idea if this is the case for you too and keep an eye on it if you're concerned, but if the noise doesn't progress (i.e.: music gets loud enough that you can't hear real things, music starts telling you to do things) then it's probably nothing to worry about.

It was super alarming to me too :hug: I'm really glad you were able to reach out here about something this scary :heart:
Ohh that's interesting, thanks for the reply. Yeah I don't think it's anything serious, it just felt weirded me out :ahhha:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: nerve
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Not unusual. I've had the same under opiates.

ChocolateCroissant

ChocolateCroissant

Life feels like wallpaper to be peeled back.
Apr 29, 2020
I get similar things. But I have a whole host of psychotic type problems. I believe I am possibly becoming schizophrenic. Though, I hear what you're saying and I don't think it's the rarest thing. Friends will tell me something- not the same/ but similar. I wouldn't let it get to you too much. It's likely the result of stressors and low mood. Those things have a bigger impact on us than I think we realize. We just kind of take them as they come. At least in my opinion. ❣️

ravergirl

ravergirl

Death becomes her
Jul 22, 2020
I often hear voices in white noise.

L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
Oh that is so strange. I have the same issue. I think I'm going crazy some nights. I'll here it plain as day laying down then sit up and it's gone. Then I just want to go to sleep

• Hugs
Reactions: Nymph
T

Tiedie

Oct 21, 2019
When I turn on the box fan I hear dogs barking.