SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
This might be a little odd for a question, but has anyone came across a doctor or nurse here?

I've read somewhere that nurses and doctors have also been known to CTB. Because of being Overworked, the health care system and not being able to treat their patients because of it, politics in their place of work, etc.

⬆️Back to main question up top

Reactions: fwompie
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
This might be a little odd for a question, but has anyone came across a doctor or nurse here?

I've read somewhere that nurses and doctors have also been known to CTB. Because of being Overworked, the health care system and not being able to treat their patients because of it, politics in their place of work, etc.

⬆️Back to main question up top
Former nurse here, back when I used to work in healthcare I'd drive to work and always had the urge to keep accelerating and crash into a tree. There was nothing that I wanted more than to die. There was so much pressure on me, and I had only just left nursing school. I can go on tangents and rants but there were so many factors that made it horrible. Organization, lack of time, overworked colleagues, short staffed, pressure from the job itself, facing aggression, etc etc. And I got paid as much as I did when I got a simple cleaning job.
So eventually I quit. Suicidal still, have been for longer than I've been in healthcare but at least it's not because of something I can change now.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: SolomonKado, sserafim, lita-lassi and 1 other person
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
Former nurse here, back when I used to work in healthcare I'd drive to work and always had the urge to keep accelerating and crash into a tree. There was nothing that I wanted more than to die. There was so much pressure on me, and I had only just left nursing school. I can go on tangents and rants but there were so many factors that made it horrible. Organization, lack of time, overworked colleagues, short staffed, pressure from the job itself, facing aggression, etc etc. And I got paid as much as I did when I got a simple cleaning job.
So eventually I quit. Suicidal still, have been for longer than I've been in healthcare but at least it's not because of something I can change now.
I can't even imagine what it was like being a nurse. Every nurse I worked around at my last job seemed to say the same thing. Add in a boss for them that did illegal things they couldn't prove because it always ended up being her word against theirs. Along with all that and treated them all like dogshit.

• Love
Reactions: fwompie
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
i wasnt as qualified as a nurse but i was a caretaker in a severely broke govt healthcare system for 7 1/2 years getting my ass kicked pretty regularly, paid horribly, definitely surrounded by a lot of illegal and terrifying shit. ive been dealing with extreme depression for a long long time but that job definitely was a major factor in my further mental health decline. the environment is nothing but hopeless where i was; there was no chance for actual improvement. it was more like sustaining the least awful conditions, which weren't great at all

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and fwompie
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
There was a nurse here by the name of gingerplum.....or at least she was till seeking help in a psych hospital wrecked her career. And you wonder why health professionals are reluctant to seek help for mental health.

Greenberg of nitrogen fame was also an MD I believe.

There have been some medical students here.

SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
i wasnt as qualified as a nurse but i was a caretaker in a severely broke govt healthcare system for 7 1/2 years getting my ass kicked pretty regularly, paid horribly, definitely surrounded by a lot of illegal and terrifying shit. ive been dealing with extreme depression for a long long time but that job definitely was a major factor in my further mental health decline. the environment is nothing but hopeless where i was; there was no chance for actual improvement. it was more like sustaining the least awful conditions, which weren't great at all
What was the profession?

hevlalab

hevlalab

Take me back in time
Sep 14, 2023
Student nurse here. Had a mental breakdown at the end of one of my placements. There's a lot of pressure on students these days, they're overworked having to go in and work for free. I was treated awfully by many of the doctors and nurses. Made me feel like a failure hence why I'm on this site I suppose

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: SolomonKado