polka slide

polka slide

tired
Aug 23, 2023
Ive been with him for 7 months now. it was great, except for some things that he said, but he always apologized and it was all fine. he tells me that he loves me all the time, he tells me that im the most beautiful etc. so it would seem like he actually likes me, right? thats what i thought, even tho i didnt believe him for months at first. now he just told me that sometimes when hes tired, hes not sure if he actually likes me. i dont know what to do. is being loved unconditionally too much to ask for? ive forgiven this man for so much that he has done, that fucked my head up. i thought he actually loved me, because he would actually tell me that even when tired, but all those times he was questioning it? sometimes im very dramatic, but surely this isnt the case? like if you're in a relationship, you love that person no matter if ur tired or awake or asleep? idfk anymore, maybe dating just isnt for me

• Hugs
Reactions: F&Inside, Forever Sleep, ChronicallyCynical and 1 other person
Serial Experi Pain

Serial Experi Pain

I hate me more :P
Sep 12, 2023
I'm not one to believe in "unconditional love".

I stayed with people who were emotionally/mentally/physically damaging simply based on a "sunken cost fallacy attitude".
Time, money, comfort, fear of starting over.
If they make you unhappy, don't you think you could do that on your own without their help?
At the same time I understand walking away could be too hard and too scary...
Do you think you will continue this long into the future? That it is something you will be able to live with years from now if it continues?

If you're already wondering if you're following a carrot on a stick, what shall you do?
Would it truly be so bad to attempt to keep your own company or come across someone that doesn't make you think/question these things?

I was always the type to settle my entire life. I'm single now and have been for a long time. I also never felt like I deserved anything/anyone "good". I can promise you that living that way, especially with someone who's "not sure they like you" is no way to "live" in any healthy manner.

I'm very sorry... I don't know you or your situation well, but I truly hope you figure it out and that it gets better for you.

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I'm an old timer and I can tell you when a man tells you he loves you take it with a grain of salt. Anyone can say those three words without even thinking. It's actions that tell if someone loves you or not. Is he there for you when you need him? Does he help you when you're feeling low? Words are just letters put together. When positive actions are put in place you have a keeper.

Reactions: allym101
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Hmm, might just be a being depressed thing. Sometimes when people feel tired their emotions kind of numb and it gets better when they aren't tired anymore. Also might be a good idea to think about if he's doing smth toxic/abusive, you said you've forgiven him for a lot and didn't elaborate so I'm just saying it just in case.