L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I just had one week off depression on a double dose of Prozac in the psych ward, and now it's back again for the last three days. I'm trying to tell myself it could be hormonal, but the truth is the last week was one of the happiest of my life, and now I am back to depression which is normal for me.

Everyone preaches against weed and THC and I keep getting sectioned on THC while I think it is none of their business.

Now I have to endure three weeks in this step down accommodation without drugs and with depression. Just because everyone else thinks it's good for me?

Also, there is a woman next door to me who sees demons in the clouds. She said her medication was making her more hyperactive when it is meant to be sedating, so I questioned (out of concern) if she is getting worse. Now she has decided I am 'two-faced' when actually I just know I don't trust psychiatric medication or doctors. So now she hates me. Dealing with that plus homelessness plus the return of depression. I am so fed up.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and Shivali
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you suffer. It sounds like you are going through a lot and I cannot imagine how hard it must be. I hope that you find relief. Best wishes.

Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
Antidepressants can make you feel better but I feel like there's a lot of gaslighting with them… I spent years taking them and believing that my life was on track somehow and I was headed for obliteration…

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
N

Nathan2

Jun 30, 2023
I just had one week off depression on a double dose of Prozac in the psych ward, and now it's back again for the last three days. I'm trying to tell myself it could be hormonal, but the truth is the last week was one of the happiest of my life, and now I am back to depression which is normal for me.

Everyone preaches against weed and THC and I keep getting sectioned on THC while I think it is none of their business.

Now I have to endure three weeks in this step down accommodation without drugs and with depression. Just because everyone else thinks it's good for me?

Also, there is a woman next door to me who sees demons in the clouds. She said her medication was making her more hyperactive when it is meant to be sedating, so I questioned (out of concern) if she is getting worse. Now she has decided I am 'two-faced' when actually I just know I don't trust psychiatric medication or doctors. So now she hates me. Dealing with that plus homelessness plus the return of depression. I am so fed up.
Antidepressants are a really usseful tool if you really feel like your going too ctb. But remember there is a way of reaching that happines without them. Sure its going too take alot of work maybe you need therapy too work past some previous experiences, start going to the gym (physical health influences mental health alot) or stop using this kind of forum (they can drag down your mental health). If your actually going to ctb there is 0 risk in first trying these options however much you might have already done them and however much they might have failed there is 0 risk..

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Antidepressants are a really usseful tool if you really feel like your going too ctb. But remember there is a way of reaching that happines without them. Sure its going too take alot of work maybe you need therapy too work past some previous experiences, start going to the gym (physical health influences mental health alot) or stop using this kind of forum (they can drag down your mental health). If your actually going to ctb there is 0 risk in first trying these options however much you might have already done them and however much they might have failed there is 0 risk..
oh man. you have resurrected a thread from nearly a year ago. I'm still depressed. Because it is a chronic illness. On different medication now. I have been exercising and still depressed. I had years of therapy. The reality is treatment resistant depression (and other mental illnesses) are often chronic. I am not alone in this ongoing suffering that nothing really helps.