S

Stargazer100

Student
May 25, 2021
I've loved someone so much that I know the thoughts about when we were together will forever be my image of how I wanted to live my life. The relationship ended and I'll never see her again, and that's ok. I find that having been with her has changed me, has made me feel complete, because it confronted with with a version of myself who I've always wanted to be. I wanted to take better care of myself so I could be a stable reliable person to move both of us forward. Eventually she chose to continue that path without me, but I experienced what it was like to have reached my goals in life and put our needs above mine.
I'll never be that much in love with anyone again. That's ok. I'm happy to know what it feels like to truly love someone all the way. And part of that is feeling happy that she moved on and not needing myself to be part of her life.

I wonder if anyone else reading this thinks they have experienced the same thing. Please tell about it.
Please also tell if you've had other relationships and how they compare, and tell how old you are to put it in perspective. I'm 29 myself and all of my other relationships were after the one I write about (when I was 27) and they were all more of a fwb without intent to be a couple, the connection I had with the others was never as deep as with the first one.

The reason I bring it up on this forum is that it's socially not accepted among most people to keep thoughts about your ex alive but it's part of who I am and I would love to compare experiences. I think this community is more open and less socially condemning about such topics.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: dirtnap, ColorlessTrees, CTBgenuine and 1 other person
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Well, i've started to listen to kpop (music they tried to get me into when we were together but i refused) once we broke up and now it is my fave genre.

S

Stargazer100

Student
May 25, 2021
She was not the kinda person I thought I would fall in love with but I did right from the start, now I am suddenly interested in topics like art restoration and when someone walks by with some kind of goth clothing piece on it gets my attention, very small changed in my personality which I know I gto from her. Also I have blown kisses to my cat, something I only noticed a few months after we broke up, I never did taht and now I do it without thinking. It sounds irrelevant but I mean to say changes can be so small you only notice them after months but can be sure they came from the relationship.