G

Glenferd666

Aug 23, 2024
Living with autism, depression, and PTSD feels like a struggle. Each of these challenges make life feel like a chore.

I often find myself overwhelmed by sensory issues. Everyday experiences that most people take for granted can turn into sources of distress for me. Bright lights and loud noises can be unbearable, triggering anxiety and discomfort. Social situations, which already feel tiring due to my autism, become even more challenging when I'm battling sensory overload. I feel isolated because of how difficult it is for me to communicate and engage with others. my gf has been a massive help, because she is also autistic and we can connect on the same wave length.

My PTSD complicates things further. I often find myself grappling with flashbacks and intense anxiety from being SA'D. Even when I'm in a safe space, I struggle to shake off the fear and emotional numbness that come with it. The weight of these memories can make everyday situations feel unsafe, leading me to withdraw and avoid the world around me. This isolation often deepens my feelings of depression, making me feel like I'm trapped in a dark space with no way out.

To cope with all of this, I've turned to alcohol. At first, it felt like a way to escape the chaos in my mind and body. The numbing effect provided a brief sense of escape, dulling the effects of anxiety and sensory discomfort. But I soon realized that this coping mechanism only spiraled into a cycle of abuse. I'd drink to escape, only to wake up feeling guilt and shame, which only fueled my depression and PTSD symptoms.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: landslide2, _AllCatsAreGrey_, Kalista and 1 other person
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Autism, depression and C-PTSD here (among others). You're not alone. I've resorted to drugs (not alcohol) to numb the pain. I understand you.

Reactions: Zhendou
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It truly is cruel to me how there's all this suffering in existing, I imagine it must be tiring what you go through. But anyway I wish you all the best.

Reactions: Zhendou
U

username12345

Aug 18, 2024
Living with autism, depression, and PTSD feels like a struggle. Each of these challenges make life feel like a chore.

I often find myself overwhelmed by sensory issues. Everyday experiences that most people take for granted can turn into sources of distress for me. Bright lights and loud noises can be unbearable, triggering anxiety and discomfort. Social situations, which already feel tiring due to my autism, become even more challenging when I'm battling sensory overload. I feel isolated because of how difficult it is for me to communicate and engage with others. my gf has been a massive help, because she is also autistic and we can connect on the same wave length.

My PTSD complicates things further. I often find myself grappling with flashbacks and intense anxiety from being SA'D. Even when I'm in a safe space, I struggle to shake off the fear and emotional numbness that come with it. The weight of these memories can make everyday situations feel unsafe, leading me to withdraw and avoid the world around me. This isolation often deepens my feelings of depression, making me feel like I'm trapped in a dark space with no way out.

To cope with all of this, I've turned to alcohol. At first, it felt like a way to escape the chaos in my mind and body. The numbing effect provided a brief sense of escape, dulling the effects of anxiety and sensory discomfort. But I soon realized that this coping mechanism only spiraled into a cycle of abuse. I'd drink to escape, only to wake up feeling guilt and shame, which only fueled my depression and PTSD symptoms.
I'm sorry you are having a difficult time. I also have PTSD idk about autism especially since I was raised as a girl that issue gets neglected then. You know what I always thought was really nice was working in really calm environments like libraries so maybe that's something you could do. Also if you're going to use substances to cope, why not weed instead of alcohol? It's way less dangerous and healthier.