justanotherdaynow

justanotherdaynow

tryin to find a way off this planet
Jul 25, 2024
I read somewhere that many people who get approved by Dignitas end up ghosting them instead of going to Switzerland for the assisted suicide.

On the one hand, that is really frustrating because there are a lot of people who would like a peaceful end to their suffering and can't get it.

On the other hand, I think it demonstrates that if people had the option for a peaceful way to go, not everyone would utilize it. Only the people who are truly ready to go. For everyone else, it would just be comforting to know that they could go peacefully when they are ready. An insurance policy of sorts.

I have noticed even on this site or amongst people who don't think suicide is immoral, people are reluctant to help others who are suffering. For example, there is reluctance to share information on methods in some cases. At least, I have experienced that. Multiple people have said they "don't want to be responsible for a death" when I ask for information. I don't understand that reluctance. Someone who is already suffering is not going to suffer less by having to continue a life in which they are already suffering.

What could potentially relieve people's suffering is knowing they could have a peaceful death when they are ready. Maybe there is a handful of people who could be more content with their lives and try to live knowing that they would have an option to go when they are ready.

I think that is a right every person deserves. It's frustrating to me that people think only people who are 50+ or have certain illnesses have a right to a peaceful death.

Any type of suffering is valid and we should have a safe, peaceful way to be relieved of our suffering whenever we are ready.

• Love
Reactions: foreverfalling, etherealspring, BlackDoor and 5 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I have noticed even on this site or amongst people who don't think suicide is immoral, people are reluctant to help others who are suffering. For example, there is reluctance to share information on methods in some cases. At least, I have experienced that. Multiple people have said they "don't want to be responsible for a death" when I ask for information. I don't understand that reluctance. Someone who is already suffering is not going to suffer less by having to continue a life in which they are already suffering.
I think people often have a problem with death and don't want to be involved in it despite wanting to die bc of unsolvable problems/health problems and so on. Afaik in some countries even sharing information can be punished and interpreted as assisting. There's a very thin line but sharing knowledge and information is so important bc this way failed attempts can be reduced to a minimum. Ending up as a vegetable due to lack of information can make a life so so much worse.

Any type of suffering is valid and we should have a safe, peaceful way to be relieved of our suffering whenever we are ready.
^ THIS

Reactions: justanotherdaynow, Malfunction, locked*n*loaded and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I also just wish for the option to painlessly die, it'd bring me so much peace and relief from suffering. What terrifies me is how this existence could potentially continue for much longer with no limit as to how torturous it can get, it's really so immensely cruel to me how the pain that this existence causes is seen as something to prolong no matter what with no acceptance towards the personal choice to die, personally I'd never wish to suffer in this existence, the fact that I cannot choose to just peacefully not exist is so painful.

Reactions: Priestess and justanotherdaynow
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Afaik in some countries even sharing information can be punished and interpreted as assisting.
This^

For some who don't/won't share information, there could be a religious component to it, also, contributing to their reluctance to "assist" in other's deaths.

I see the OP is a relatively new member. There could be reluctance by other members because of that to share sources, in order to "protect" said sources, if they feel the member, the OP in this case, hasn't been adequately vetted.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
justanotherdaynow

justanotherdaynow

Jul 25, 2024
This^

For some who don't/won't share information, there could be a religious component to it, also, contributing to their reluctance to "assist" in other's deaths.

I see the OP is a relatively new member. There could be reluctance by other members because of that to share sources, in order to "protect" said sources, if they feel the member, the OP in this case, hasn't been adequately vetted.
Not sure what I would need to do to be adequately vetted. I have made it more than abundantly clear on this site my desire to die and find as peaceful and effective a method to do so.

I don't understand the gatekeeping of peaceful death, especially by members on this site who claim that they support it. I guess what some people on this site mean is they only support it for themselves.

My experience has now been at least several people on this site not willing to share information. It's hypocritical for users of a site that often involves sharing of information so that people can try to have as peaceful a death as possible to suddenly get cold feet when someone asks them to do just that.

I wish I could at least get access to the PPH 2024 edition that was just released but I'm not old enough to purchase (must be 50+ years of age) and people on this site who are old enough to purchase won't share it. Others on this site have been unwilling to give info about methods even after they initially promised they would.

It is very frustrating and disappointing that this is happening on this site of all places.

No one should have to wait until they are 50+ years of age and/or withering away from chronic illness to be considered worthy of a peaceful death. I have been dealing with chronic illness for the last decade of my life, am no where close to that age, and the amount of support or empathy that has been shown for the illnesses I deal with has been negligible.

Not sure what kind of "dance monkey" show you have to put on to convince people you are deserving of a peaceful death rather than perpetual suffering, but if some one has an idea, please enlighten me.

• Hugs
Reactions: locked*n*loaded
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Not sure what I would need to do to be adequately vetted. I have made it more than abundantly clear on this site my desire to die and find as peaceful and effective a method to do so.

I don't understand the gatekeeping of peaceful death, especially by members on this site who claim that they support it. I guess what some people on this site mean is they only support it for themselves.

My experience has now been at least several people on this site not willing to share information. It's hypocritical for users of a site that often involves sharing of information so that people can try to have as peaceful a death as possible to suddenly get cold feet when someone asks them to do just that.

I wish I could at least get access to the PPH 2024 edition that was just released but I'm not old enough to purchase (must be 50+ years of age) and people on this site who are old enough to purchase won't share it. Others on this site have been unwilling to give info about methods even after they initially promised they would.

It is very frustrating and disappointing that this is happening on this site of all places.

No one should have to wait until they are 50+ years of age and/or withering away from chronic illness to be considered worthy of a peaceful death. I have been dealing with chronic illness for the last decade of my life, am no where close to that age, and the amount of support or empathy that has been shown for the illnesses I deal with has been negligible.

Not sure what kind of "dance monkey" show you have to put on to convince people you are deserving of a peaceful death rather than perpetual suffering, but if some one has an idea, please enlighten me.
All very valid points. Ever since the governments of the world started cracking down on SN sellers, even getting some shut down, or, at least, getting them to only sell to businesses, members who happen to find new ones have become extremely protective over the SN sources. Yes, you have 82 posts, but you've only been a member since late July. There are pro-lifers, or anti-choicers as I like to call them, who join this forum only to garner information to use to get sources for ctb materials shut down. That's what has happened to many of the SN sources, and even what happened to N sources we once had. It's just the way things are. It sounds like you're genuine in wanting to find SN to ctb, but no one can ever really know for certain, right? I don't even know of any current SN sources. The ones I knew of have all gone defunct. All I can tell you is to keep interacting in the forum with others in the hopes of garnering enough trust with someone who would be willing to share a source with you. If you search on your own for a source, make sure you're using a search engine that doesn't censor results. Also, try using other names for SN, not just sodium nitrite. Try using the chemical name NaNO2. No guarantees of course. Even try using "foreign" search engines. Another thing people have done is start a small business, just to acquire the necessary paperwork and license to buy from a source who will now only sell to a "commercial" entity. Not sure where you are located, but here in the US it's fairly cheap to register an "at home" business. You just make up one that "uses" SN as a material, like a meat-curing business of some sort. You could have "meat-curing" as part of the business name you register, like "Just Another Day Meat Curing Inc" or something like that.

I know you want the SN now, but that might not be possible in the political climate we're in at the moment. I think it will happen if you stick with it. Not really sure what else I can say.

• Informative
Reactions: justanotherdaynow
S

sometimesoon

Student
Jul 9, 2024
I read somewhere that many people who get approved by Dignitas end up ghosting them instead of going to Switzerland for the assisted suicide.

On the one hand, that is really frustrating because there are a lot of people who would like a peaceful end to their suffering and can't get it.

I think that is explained more about how we think about suicide. Sometimes its more of a concept then a reality. So when the reality is front of you, you don't so much change your mind but you are confronted with reality.

I am applyiing to a Swizz organization, and I will be asking for a "green light" that means I am approved and I can book it when I feel best

I think people are scared - and sometimes rightlyfull so - they may end up in some legal issue. Its an evolving area so a lot of law is still working itself out.

Personally, I like the idea of a CTB consult that will give all the good reasons to CTB and the negatives

I think that is a right every person deserves. It's frustrating to me that people think only people who are 50+ or have certain illnesses have a right to a peaceful death.

Yes I think 50 is an arbitrator number. I think it is more to do the confirmed feelings you want to CTB, that is a long held view as the primary requiredment - you don't have to be sick to have a reason to die

justanotherdaynow

justanotherdaynow

Jul 25, 2024
All very valid points. Ever since the governments of the world started cracking down on SN sellers, even getting some shut down, or, at least, getting them to only sell to businesses, members who happen to find new ones have become extremely protective over the SN sources. Yes, you have 82 posts, but you've only been a member since late July. There are pro-lifers, or anti-choicers as I like to call them, who join this forum only to garner information to use to get sources for ctb materials shut down. That's what has happened to many of the SN sources, and even what happened to N sources we once had. It's just the way things are. It sounds like you're genuine in wanting to find SN to ctb, but no one can ever really know for certain, right? I don't even know of any current SN sources. The ones I knew of have all gone defunct. All I can tell you is to keep interacting in the forum with others in the hopes of garnering enough trust with someone who would be willing to share a source with you. If you search on your own for a source, make sure you're using a search engine that doesn't censor results. Also, try using other names for SN, not just sodium nitrite. Try using the chemical name NaNO2. No guarantees of course. Even try using "foreign" search engines. Another thing people have done is start a small business, just to acquire the necessary paperwork and license to buy from a source who will now only sell to a "commercial" entity. Not sure where you are located, but here in the US it's fairly cheap to register an "at home" business. You just make up one that "uses" SN as a material, like a meat-curing business of some sort. You could have "meat-curing" as part of the business name you register, like "Just Another Day Meat Curing Inc" or something like that.

I know you want the SN now, but that might not be possible in the political climate we're in at the moment. I think it will happen if you stick with it. Not really sure what else I can say.
This is very helpful, thank you!

I did not realize that people were joining this site just to shut down methods but I can't say I'm surprised.

That context helps give a bit of clarity to people's resistance to share methods here.
I think that is explained more about how we think about suicide. Sometimes its more of a concept then a reality. So when the reality is front of you, you don't so much change your mind but you are confronted with reality.

I am applyiing to a Swizz organization, and I will be asking for a "green light" that means I am approved and I can book it when I feel best

I think people are scared - and sometimes rightlyfull so - they may end up in some legal issue. Its an evolving area so a lot of law is still working itself out.

Personally, I like the idea of a CTB consult that will give all the good reasons to CTB and the negatives

Yes I think 50 is an arbitrator number. I think it is more to do the confirmed feelings you want to CTB, that is a long held view as the primary requiredment - you don't have to be sick to have a reason to die
Do you think you will get approved? I have heard that the Swiss organizations are very difficult to get approved for.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
DragginHeart933

DragginHeart933

Aug 7, 2024
" On the other hand, I think it demonstrates that if people had the option for a peaceful way to go, not everyone would utilize it. Only the people who are truly ready to go. For everyone else, it would just be comforting to know that they could go peacefully when they are ready. An insurance policy of sorts. "

--
This. I have come to find, upon receiving my first materials in the mail, though later researching that it may not be totally reliable, I felt a sense of peace. Now, I have SN coming in the mail. BUT, once you have those materials in hand, it does give you a sense of peace. It sort of makes you come to a 'fork in the road' in your mind, and you either have to (sorry if this isn't allowed to say) "Shit, Or Get Off The Pot.". That alone is powerful. And for ME, it allowed me to more deeply process my emotions with deeper consequences - not just throw myself a pity party. When I'm feeling low? No problem, I have the means... I study my emotions, realize its not quite THAT bad yet, and maybe I can manage another day - my current anxiety begins to subside.

I know its not always this easy in the heat of the moment, and maybe everyone doesn't operate the same way as me, this is just my personal experience.

Reactions: justanotherdaynow and locked*n*loaded
justanotherdaynow

justanotherdaynow

Jul 25, 2024
" On the other hand, I think it demonstrates that if people had the option for a peaceful way to go, not everyone would utilize it. Only the people who are truly ready to go. For everyone else, it would just be comforting to know that they could go peacefully when they are ready. An insurance policy of sorts. "

--
This. I have come to find, upon receiving my first materials in the mail, though later researching that it may not be totally reliable, I felt a sense of peace. Now, I have SN coming in the mail. BUT, once you have those materials in hand, it does give you a sense of peace. It sort of makes you come to a 'fork in the road' in your mind, and you either have to (sorry if this isn't allowed to say) "Shit, Or Get Off The Pot.". That alone is powerful. And for ME, it allowed me to more deeply process my emotions with deeper consequences - not just throw myself a pity party. When I'm feeling low? No problem, I have the means... I study my emotions, realize its not quite THAT bad yet, and maybe I can manage another day - my current anxiety begins to subside.

I know its not always this easy in the heat of the moment, and maybe everyone doesn't operate the same way as me, this is just my personal experience.
When you get the ability to pm on here, can we chat?

I'm trying to find SN but having a hard time getting it.

DragginHeart933

DragginHeart933

Aug 7, 2024
When you get the ability to pm on here, can we chat?

I'm trying to find SN but having a hard time getting it.
how many posts do I need to enable PM's? Got it from a clue another posted.. a camping website in WA. starts with a "G". Google shall lead the way.