Depressed_Kettle

Depressed_Kettle

Experienced
Apr 25, 2021
When I was young, I lived somewhere that had a window in the bathroom right by the shower. I could have a hot shower and open up the window to feel the fresh cold morning air on my face while I got ready for school.

The smell of the fresh air and the feeling of the cold breeze was a really good mix and I'd love to stand there after getting ready just relaxing and taking it all in.

Eventually, my parents taped it up because it was leaking cold air in while people had a shower. Kind of odd the builders even put it where they did in the first place but I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure how old the house is.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, OrcWitch, kitch and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I really like cold air. It makes me feel better. It is a relief to feel the cold when you are warm. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

• Love
Reactions: Depressed_Kettle, Dead Meat, littlelungs and 1 other person
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
in my area pretty much all showers are like this! I think it tends to be a thing in older homes built before central air and venting was a thing.

Do you live in a northern climate with cold winters? your description brings me right back to grade school! Waking up at like 6am, dark as hell outside, running to take a hot shower and slamming the window shut so that the frosty winter air doesn't turn me into a popsicle hahaha

O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I miss having a window in the bathroom as well. I have not had one since my childhood home.

Reactions: Depressed_Kettle
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Its one of the things I look for when moving ...every room needs a window! Fresh, cold air is the most refreshing thing there is and always helps me clear my head.

Just hate it when the air gets all hot, stale and less saturated with oxygen.

I also never turn on the heating system in my flat - it dries the air too much - I rather wear 36742 layers of clothing during winter.

• Yay!
Reactions: DocNo