• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
I believe most of you either don't get any medical care or tend to lie to your doctors, and definitely so do I. She always asks me if I have been considering killing myself, and I usually admit it but to avoid going into specifics, I continue with answering "no" to any further questions. One of the questions she sometimes asks is whether I have been thinking about possible methods.
And I started to wonder what goes next. What if I told her that I do? What's the next question? If I admit I have chosen my method, will she make me confess what is it, and, I don't know,, confiscate it or put me in a psych ward and let my family know? Or could a promise not to use it be enough? Have you ever been asked that by your psychiatrist or psychologist? Let me know in the comments, I'm really curious!

Reactions: Ln42, rozeske, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
I believe most of you either don't get any medical care or tend to lie to your doctors, and definitely so do I. She always asks me if I have been considering killing myself, and I usually admit it but to avoid going into specifics, I continue with answering "no" to any further questions. One of the questions she sometimes asks is whether I have been thinking about possible methods.
And I started to wonder what goes next. What if I told her that I do? What's the next question? If I admit I have chosen my method, will she make me confess what is it, and, I don't know,, confiscate it or put me in a psych ward and let my family know? Or could a promise not to use it be enough? Have you ever been asked that by your psychiatrist or psychologist? Let me know in the comments, I'm really curious!
I have been asked by my psychiatrist. I told him honestly that I've got SN from Czechia in my wardrobe. He asked me to throw it away, I told him I won't do that as I need a safe and legal method to end my life if treatment doesn't work. He wasn't happy, but has accepted that!

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Hotsackage, rozeske, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
AnxietyHangover

AnxietyHangover

Global Moderator
Aug 20, 2022
One of my former psychiatrists asked about my methods, I foolishly told them but when they asked if I am in possession of the said method I just said no, to avoid involuntary hospitalization. If you admit you have access to your method chances are very high that they will send you to the ward.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: HereTomorrow, dggtscccvfd, rozeske and 3 others
lkjhgfdsa1

lkjhgfdsa1

🖤
Apr 17, 2024
i think you can tell them if you do not want to die
but if you want to die, why go through the trouble?
they are doctors, meant to save you -- even if it means saving you from yourself

Reactions: dggtscccvfd, rozeske, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
vak

vak

🏅🇨🇿
Feb 13, 2024
Just yesterday, he was very interested why people take benzos and beta blockers with SN when they want to die. I mean they are luxury items so I get the confusion, I had to explain the whole SI thing, but he understood AE. We argued a little how painless it is, he said it must be painful which I haven't observed in goodbye threads here. Nobody asked me to get rid of it or made a big deal of it, I think they were asking to gauge if I was serious about it or not, I feel like that's why he asked all the details. But I did tell him I try to recover and going to therapy, that seemed to smooth things over.

But I wasn't joking around, I told him openly it's either some new meds or suicide for me down the road, and that I don't care about some stupid side effects at this point, and he just gave me the meds.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: rozeske, Praestat_Mori, dinosavr and 1 other person
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Student
Dec 14, 2023
I have told ER-psychiatrists about my method a couple of times, this was when I planned to use helium. Nothing really happened - except for one time when I had to explain how inert gases are lethal, still not sure if the doctor wanted to test my sanity or if she genuinely didn't know but she looked like a living question mark so I am willing to bet on the latter. I got "Suicide ladder: 7. Plans" noted in my medical records. Sometimes I got admitted, most times not.

• Hugs
Reactions: hiddenbpd, dinosavr, dggtscccvfd and 2 others
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
I'm always honest. It's one of the few advantages of having BPD. The Crisis Team insist I'm attention seeking or whatever so never fail to say I can go home, no matter how worried anyone else is.

• Hugs
Reactions: dinosavr, dggtscccvfd and Ln42
L

Ln42

Ihm/iai
Jun 13, 2018
I'm always honest. It's one of the few advantages of having BPD. The Crisis Team insist I'm attention seeking or whatever so never fail to say I can go home, no matter how worried anyone else is.
I could have written exactly the same! I tell them what I'm going to do, then they seem surprised when I've done it!

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: dinosavr, Ash and dggtscccvfd
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
I could have written exactly the same! I tell them what I'm going to do, then they seem surprised when I've done it!
Paramedics walked in, removed the noose from around my neck, removed it from the ligature point, Crisis Team came in and described it as "normal behaviour" 🤣

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: dinosavr, dggtscccvfd and Ln42
anagram

anagram

Suicide: permanent solution to permanent problems
Feb 4, 2024
I would not tell anyone irl my method because that would be spoiling my plan. Some things should just be kept secrets, personal and private.

• Hugs
Reactions: dinosavr and dggtscccvfd
W

Why Not

May 25, 2024
I was honest with my therapist and psychiatrist about my preferred method but wasn't in possession of the method. At first it was fine, but they later hospitalized me when they thought I was at increased risk. Learned the hard way it's better to lie if you don't want to risk involuntary hospitalization. And I would never tell them I now have access to my method of choice.

• Aww..
Reactions: dinosavr
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
Doctors, psychs, therapists, and Samaritans have all asked and got the truth out of me. Part of the reason they ask is that plans and preparations are an escalation towards suicidal acts. Asking is part of the assessment.

I have everything I need for one of my two favoured methods. Difficult not to have the materials for hanging.

• Aww..
S

sukiduki

Mar 24, 2024
it's part of their job to ask. my very first appointment they asked all the closing questions - do you think you're gonna hurt yourself or anyone around you, do you wanna hurt yourself, do you have a gun, etc. and i just say no to everything and i saw it later in the notes that my answers were noted as "no"

• Hugs
Sober4MostDays

Sober4MostDays

My username is a lie currently
May 29, 2024
I've been pretty honest with my new psychiatrist about my suicidal ideation. Even told her the main thing stopping me is not having a gun. She seems to think it's pretty passive though cause I say no when asked if I have a plan which is the truth. Although it seems like my mind does at times start trying to create like a rough draft for a plan, but I'm too weak minded to follow through or stick with anything difficult.

• Aww..